Monster High Dolls .com

News and Reviews of Monster High Dolls, Plush Toys, and More!

Every Target in my area is showing Scary Tales in stock or with limited availability. 

Either that's a fluke or they are going to be well stocked. 

Views: 2605

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

sorry about that, the ones at alexis may already be gone... but it may be worth a try

i agree... i had 2 of them already tell me they are not allowed to get them out of the back because there is a "reason" they aren't out yet... what that reason is, no one can seem to tell me... but i got lucky to walk in during the reset this morning, so thats all they were doing was pulling out stock! having the dpci handy helped him find the dolls, cause he was clueless...

PurpleLynnie said:

All I can say is that it DEFINITELY helps to have the DPCI number with you, as the sales associate I encountered, was NOT about to help me look in the back without it. I almost wonder if they are keeping them in the back for either scalpers or for their friends or other sales associates that are buying these dolls for themselves, or what. But, it is rather frustrating to have to basically demand that they check the stock room!

Ok, as a target employee for over 6 years, I know it can be frustrating to deal with the way retail stores work.  For one, I can't say all of us are bad, most of us do not know what a monster high doll is..lol (not me of course XD).  The only way to check something is by the DPCI number. It gives us a little of a description and a location on the salesfloor, along with in the backroom if available.   Some stores have cracked down a little and will not open new cases from the backroom for customers.  I'm not sure why but even when I was looking for the Scary tales I was given the run around about this policy.  Not all stores follow it though, so you might get lucky.  I know customers sometimes think we (employees) give them the run around for fun, but we don't. 

Ok, some of the stores "reason" for not selling them is because the cases the dolls are in have a release date on them.  Some read this and some don't .  Most stores are being told to not sell things (monster high dolls) until the reset is under way or complete.  I know for a fact that they are not keeping them in the backrooms for scalpers, that is ridiculous, not to be rude.  I'm not ranting so much as I am trying to be informative about some things that target does, but it is a little irritating to keep coming on here and see that everyone thinks Target employees just suck at helping (granted some do just suck lol).  If you want some good service on Monster high dolls, come to Northlake Target in NC and I will be glad to help XD.

I've been collecting toys, of all kinds, for over 25 years. I have a bit of insight that may shed some light for a few of you on how most Targets operate.

First, the main reason store personal don't go to the back and pull stock is due to years, if not decades, of being asked to do this by the Hot Wheels collectors. The Hot Wheel collectors have long been chasing special and new cars from unopened cases. There have been some really nasty stories of fights, yelling, etc. between HW collectors and store employees. Also, when action figures started to become really popular in the late 80s and early 90s many action figure collectors used to go into the Target stock rooms and grab cases to rummage through. These were mainly Star Wars and Starting Lineup collectors. In the mid to late 90s Target started selling exclusive figures for everything. This also added to the lure of people wanting Target employees to go to the back and get a new case of whatever. After time, Target had enough of all this. In the late 90s to early 2000s they started to place little signs in the action figure and hot wheels aisles stating that "limited numbers of collectible items are allowed per purchase" though what was designated an official collectible was never stated... It was purely subjective on Targets part what they deemed a collectible. Some stores still use these signs. Around this time too, most stores made a policy that didn't allow store employees to bring out new stock for customers on request. The stores of course could if they really wanted to, but this policy gave each employee an easy out. So, here we are today. 2012 and the hot toy is Monster High. Most of you have not had to deal with Target on this level (collector level), but this has been a long standing cat and mouse game for Target and collectors for well over 2 decades. Welcome to the insanity.

MD
But why do they keep getting exclusives if they are so bothered to have collectors come to the store that they made a crazy policy? I'm sorry it doesn't add up. If target has been unhappy with customers for 20 years then stop going for exclusives and stop selling toys!

It adds up.

Target, like Walmart, Kmart, etc. all do exclusives to bring in foot traffic. The idea is that the more you come and search the more likely you are to buy other items. That's why stores do exclusives.

It's also not Target Corporate that has to deal with the never-ending requests to get toys from the back, it's the rank and file employees. Target Corp. just wants the foot traffic, it's the individual stores that develop their own guidelines for how they help customers. And even those guidelines are loose, depending on what day of the week it is, and who you ask to help you. You can always get a feel for the store by asking what that particular store's policy is for stocking something that is "out of stock", or not on the shelves. Some may say if we have it we'll bring it out, others may say, "It depends...", there you have a store that's tired of dealing with toy collectors. (Also, why have an online stock tracker, when they won't get items for you? Hard to figure Target out, no doubt.)

My basic point is that this has been going on for a LONG, LONG time, and most Target employees are "conditioned", and quite often directed by management, to not go to the back for new cases of "hot" or "collectible" toys for customer requests. Of course, YMMV.

SugaryDream said:

But why do they keep getting exclusives if they are so bothered to have collectors come to the store that they made a crazy policy? I'm sorry it doesn't add up. If target has been unhappy with customers for 20 years then stop going for exclusives and stop selling toys!

Funny thing is all the targets that said available had no scary tales. I happened to stop in the one target that said out of stock for some chex mix and I can't go to any store without cruising thru the Monster High section and I just happened to find 2 of all of them except Frankie. Then only had one of her left. I always look like a crazy person grabbing all the boxes and comparing which looks best. I wanted to get my girlfriend the extra clawdeen but her hood was super messed up so only someone who is going to open the boxes would want her.

Just called my local Target, and they are holding all 3 for me!! Im on my way to get them now :)

They are all in the back and not on the floor because Target is re-setting their toy dept this week...Those that are on the floor will not be labeled. They will all do their toy depts on Wed or Thursday...Those that got yours scored big time.

Does anyone know if these are a Target store exclusive?

The store I went to yesterday had actually started the reset that day (they had Bratzillaz, La Dee Das, and Novi Stars on display with shelf tags), so they had a couple of carts loaded with boxes of toys (including one box of Scary Tales) ready to go.  The guy who helped me was nice enough to open up the box of Scary Tales so that I could get one of each and be on my way. 

As far as I know, the Scary Tales are indeed a Target exclusive, so I was extra concerned about getting them for fair retail, since Cupid had been such a PITA to get earlier.

Lisa Girl said:

They are all in the back and not on the floor because Target is re-setting their toy dept this week...Those that are on the floor will not be labeled. They will all do their toy depts on Wed or Thursday...Those that got yours scored big time.

Does anyone know if these are a Target store exclusive?

I went to  Super Target and I saw 1 of each of them.

I'm getting a bit discouraged, my Target have already done their reset for MH and no Scary Tales. I've called and went in to the store every day for the past week and nothing. They keep saying they have 0 in stock and nothing in the back stock room :(

RSS

© 2019   Created by Stu Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service