Monster High Dolls .com

News and Reviews of Monster High Dolls, Plush Toys, and More!

http://www.amazon.com/Monster-Basic-Travel-Deuce-Gordon/dp/B008B68ITK

Hurry, before he's all gone!  The car and cafe set are back in stock right now, too!

Views: 4587

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Omg he came back in stock and it wouldn't let me add to my cart...I did just get Abbey and Ghoulia for 14.49 though..now all I want is deuce lol

LOL...I saw that too...But you need to add the buyer that is willing to pay that price to your list too.

purple_monkfish said:

"Available new $139:99"

These crack monkey scalpers need to be hurt now... seriously HURT. I'm thinking broken kneecaps and med free root canals.

I think you scared them...they dropped the price to $124.99 ;)

purple_monkfish said:

These crack monkey scalpers need to be hurt now... seriously HURT. I'm thinking broken kneecaps and med free root canals.

That cracked me up.  Lol.  ;)

Yeah, the scary thing is there was one for $99.99 yesterday & it's gone now, so somebody prob. paid that much. Unbelievable!

These must be the same people who are willing to pay 20, 30, or even up to 50% above retail on eBay for things that you could drive to your nearest mall and easily get.

As was said in that stickied thread a while back, if it weren't for these people willing to pay these outrageous prices, there would be no market for the scalpers.

Lisa Girl said:

LOL...I saw that too...But you need to add the buyer that is willing to pay that price to your list too.

purple_monkfish said:

That is the same seller, they just raised the price for Deuce. No one bought it for $99 and no one will be buying him at $100+.

Viper said:

Yeah, the scary thing is there was one for $99.99 yesterday & it's gone now, so somebody prob. paid that much. Unbelievable!

These must be the same people who are willing to pay 20, 30, or even up to 50% above retail on eBay for things that you could drive to your nearest mall and easily get.

As was said in that stickied thread a while back, if it weren't for these people willing to pay these outrageous prices, there would be no market for the scalpers.

Lisa Girl said:

purple_monkfish said:

Oh, that makes me feel a bit better. Guess the scalper's 'gouging' meters weren't registering high enough.:-)

NOT LISA said:

That is the same seller, they just raised the price for Deuce. No one bought it for $99 and no one will be buying him at $100+.

As far as MH goes, you have to take into account the people that don't live in areas that frequently/easily get certain MH dolls, or the people that live out of the US. And there are some people not wanting to drive all over town/city to look for a doll and risk not finding her (thus wasting a lot of gas/money).  Granted, they do generally becoming plentiful later down the line, but there have been a few exceptions [like SS Gill Webber].

I've been trying to find Jinafire Long in my area for a buddy of mine, and she's stupid hard to find. She sells out quickly around here, if stores even get her in in the first place. And I live in an area that get a lot of MH dolls in. I really feel bad for the ones that live in smaller areas that don't get restocked on MH dolls often.

I dislike scalpers, especially ones that raise their price to stupid as heck amounts (seriously, $100+ for a $15-$20 doll? That's just nuts!), but I can see/understand why some people resort to buying dolls from them on eBay/Amazon instead of trying to find them on their own. Especially due to gas/driving reasons.

Hope my wording made sense. ^^;

Viper said:

that kept happening to me but i kept refreshing and eventually(maybe 20 mins later) there were 12 more in stock and i finally got one!

Cinnamon Williams said:

no wwnt to but it said there was one left i guess someone was already had it cart and was in process to check out cause when i click to buy it it then said it was gone

Oh, no, I totally agree with you. In fact, I've paid above retail for a few of mine as well. I feel the same way about not wanting to drive all over town. Let's face it, time is money (not to mention the cost of gas these days!).

My statement was more about just things in general on eBay- not MH dolls. I've tried bidding on things to save a buck over retail, only to get outbid by someone who's willing to pay way over retail just to say they beat all others out. Didn't mean to offend at all.

BTW, sorry to Faye for getting a bit off topic here.
FrejaSashe said:

As far as MH goes, you have to take into account the people that don't live in areas that frequently/easily get certain MH dolls, or the people that live out of the US. And there are some people not wanting to drive all over town/city to look for a doll and risk not finding her (thus wasting a lot of gas/money).  Granted, they do generally becoming plentiful later down the line, but there have been a few exceptions [like SS Gill Webber].

I've been trying to find Jinafire Long in my area for a buddy of mine, and she's stupid hard to find. She sells out quickly around here, if stores even get her in in the first place. And I live in an area that get a lot of MH dolls in. I really feel bad for the ones that live in smaller areas that don't get restocked on MH dolls often.

I dislike scalpers, especially ones that raise their price to stupid as heck amounts (seriously, $100+ for a $15-$20 doll? That's just nuts!), but I can see/understand why some people resort to buying dolls from them on eBay/Amazon instead of trying to find them on their own. Especially due to gas/driving reasons.

Hope my wording made sense. ^^;

Viper said:

I wasn't offended at all, no worries! xD I apologized if I offended you (or any one) in any way.

I personally haven't bought a doll above retail/store price, but I've known some people that have had to do that.

But yes, I do understand your point. I've seen a lot of those auctions happen on eBay. O_o

And I too apologize to getting off topic. ^^; This topic is supposed to be about Deuce, not scalpers. xD

Viper said:

Oh, no, I totally agree with you. In fact, I've paid above retail for a few of mine as well. I feel the same way about not wanting to drive all over town. Let's face it, time is money (not to mention the cost of gas these days!).

My statement was more about just things in general on eBay- not MH dolls. I've tried bidding on things to save a buck over retail, only to get outbid by someone who's willing to pay way over retail just to say they beat all others out. Didn't mean to offend at all.

BTW, sorry to Faye for getting a bit off topic here.

I finally got Deuce at my Justice today.  In fact I got three of them.  My daughter, my son, and I all wanted one!  I am just a little disappointed because my son has only had his for a few hours and he's already lost part of the arm.  Somehow one of his arms came off at the elbow joint without him noticing it and we can't find it.  It's frustrating!

RSS

© 2019   Created by Stu Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service