Monster High Dolls .com

News and Reviews of Monster High Dolls, Plush Toys, and More!

This is the custom I have been working on.  She is based on the Ash Viper from the Harry Potter book: "Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them", only in human form and kept from dying due to a wizard's spell.  Her roommate at school is a siren girl (who is a modded Lagoona), whom I'm still working on the eyes.

Ash Ophidian is a CAM werewolf base with a re-painted CAM gorgon hair.  The snakes have red eyes.  I still have to paint her shoes.  I haven't decided if I want to paint her eyes a different color or not yet.

I'm working on a male gargoyle, but I need to know... how do I do the shaved head look that Venus and Clawd have?  I'm wanting the gargoyle to have it, but I'm not sure how.  Any help would be great, thanks!

Views: 561

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Well done! The snakes look amazing :)

Thanks everyone!  It means a lot, actually.

After the pictures, I added a bit where I need help with something.  Thanks!

the shaved look that Venus has is achieved by using flocking. I'm not really sure where you would find it. good luck, you're off to a beautiful start.

Thanks, I actually found a couple of tutorials for making flocking (or for using Martha Stewart flocking) that I'm gonna use.  Once I get him finished, I will post him up too!

Gabby Goyle (2) said:

the shaved look that Venus has is achieved by using flocking. I'm not really sure where you would find it. good luck, you're off to a beautiful start.

restoredoll.com has flocking and flocking kits. They have lots of colors, friendly, fast service and good instructions.

I found some cheap alternatives for it (finely cut up ribbon), but I will keep it in mind for later!

Marta Black said:

restoredoll.com has flocking and flocking kits. They have lots of colors, friendly, fast service and good instructions.

That's such a clever idea to use the fantastic beasts book to make new customs. Well done!

I boil straightened Twyla and Howleen (dance class), and made Twyla a new dress!

RSS

© 2020   Created by Stu Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service