Monster High Dolls .com

News and Reviews of Monster High Dolls, Plush Toys, and More!

Is it:  row-shell  or   Rock-ell  ?

Because I keep saying row-shell, but she's a gargoyle which could mean rock-ell. 

Views: 546

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

now that u said something its making me think

The MH team has always pronounced it Row-Chelle. I know because I was sitting in the design room when the name was first pitched. Rock-Elle is a great alt though-nice thinking outside the coffin.

Aww. Thank you all for responding! :3 and being in the design room must be so exciting!!

It's so much fun. We're working on some really cool new monsters we can't wait to share with everyone. Wish I could tell you more but I like my job too much to give anything away!

Plum blossom said:

Aww. Thank you all for responding! :3 and being in the design room must be so exciting!!

oh i wish I were you! haha in like ten years, tell 'em bout me would ya? I have some good Ideas haha!

Ghost Writer said:

It's so much fun. We're working on some really cool new monsters we can't wait to share with everyone. Wish I could tell you more but I like my job too much to give anything away!

Plum blossom said:

Aww. Thank you all for responding! :3 and being in the design room must be so exciting!!

Raquel is a better fitting name in my opinion. "Rochelle" just doesn't seem to fit. There's nothing monster about it.

Raquel hasn't got anything to do with monsters either. However, Rochelle fits perfectly, as they've clearly researched this:

(Taken from Wiki) "Rochelle is a French name derived from rocher, which means "rock.""

Raquel does if you pronounce it rock-ell. It'd be an obvious pun just like all the other girls' names. But for Rochelle you'd have to do research or be French to get the pun b
You need to be japanese or research to get Toralei's name :)

Plum blossom said:
Raquel does if you pronounce it rock-ell. It'd be an obvious pun just like all the other girls' names. But for Rochelle you'd have to do research or be French to get the pun b

But that's not how you pronounce Raquel, so unless it was spelt differently it still wouldn't be a pun. And it's nice that Mattel have researched this. She IS French after all, so should have a French name, and within that French name is the meaning 'rock'. I like it it, it's clever :)

Touché.. Well played... Well played indeed. However! I shall forever call her rock-ell!! Mwahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!
Why thankyou! *bows*

Plum blossom said:
Touché.. Well played... Well played indeed. However! I shall forever call her rock-ell!! Mwahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!

RSS

© 2019   Created by Stu Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service