Monster High Dolls .com

News and Reviews of Monster High Dolls, Plush Toys, and More!

Right, so i've been running around for a few days trying to put this puzzle together.

Here in the Uk, there have been no Slo Mo sightings. I don't believe any stores in the US have seen him either.

Anyway, contacting every toy store who had him advertised, they all told me the same thing. "Our supplier didn't deliver"

Mattel UK informed me cases including Slo Mo would be released in April, a good three months after the initial release which is very worrying.

However I then had a chat with Mattel US who actually usually are more clued up on things (Mattel UK are morons, they tried to tell me at one point that Cupid wasn't being shipping in assortments with Draculaura when I had a freaking box of them IN FRONT OF ME)

Anyway, here's my conversation:

Me:  Why do no stores have him and only assortments of the three girls? despite clearly advertising all four characters on the boxes and in shops.
Diana:  Slo Mo is being released this year to the major retailers of Wal-Mart, Target and Toys R Us.
Me:  Yes, but Ghoul Spirt as a line has HIT major retailers
Me:  he is NOT in the cases.
Me:  why?
Diana:  Just a moment.
Mel:  and is there any word of when he might start to appear?
Diana:  Thank you for waiting.
Me:  No problem
Diana:  Here in the United States, he will be sold under his product number of BGD87 and be released later this spring.
Diana:  The cases of the dolls do not have the Slo Mo figure in it.
Me  So does that mean he'll get his own case or will you just seed him into the cases with the girls?
Diana:  I'm sorry that I do not have any information for the United Kingdom.
Me:  and if so, how is that going to help his scarcity?
Me:  I mean in the US
Me:  The problem is, the boy dolls are very in demand and with 1 per case, they sell out immediately
Diana:  I'm sorry. He is sold in a case of 6 to the major retailers.
Me:  then people resell them on Ebay for crazy inflated prices
Me:  So he's getting his own case?
Me:  JUST of him? No girls?
Diana:  You would need to check to see with the affiliate if the "Slo Mo” Mortavitch is going to be sold there.
Diana:  The case only has 6 of him in it.
Me:  That's amazing news, i'm so relieved to hear it.
Diana:  Can I help you with anything else today?
Me:  thank you for that.

Diana:  Thank you for contacting Mattel. Have a nice day!

So.. mattel US are saying that "in the spring" (March/April time?) we should see cases of just Slo Mo hit stores? If so, YES! But what the hell? Very strange way to do this release, why not include him in the initial run in the first bloody place *sigh*

But good news is, if this is true, we shouldn't have any trouble finding him within the US. Hopefully the UK stores that are having the trouble supplying him to annoyed customers, will also order these cases when the chance arises. Fingers and toes crossed, but I do feel better with a semi official word of single character cases.

Views: 19565

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I think one per six sounds about right. I went to another local Walmart (we live in the country, so "local" is relative) last night and saw that they had freshly stocked their shelves with butt-loads of Ghoul Spirit dolls, and eventually was able to paw through it all and find two more Slo Mo dolls. I was thrilled because that fulfilled my needs perfectly, and now I can leave him for some other lucky collector if I come across him again. LOL.

Strange thing, though: Of the two freshly-stocked dolls that I nabbed last night, one of them had clawed hands. I thought the clawed hands were the reason they had pulled him or there was a delay in getting him out? The first two I got had regular hands and I just assumed it was because they had worked all of those kinks out. But I got these two a week later, so why would one have claws and the other not? Could it have sat in the back of Walmart for months, or are they still sending clawed Slo Mo dolls out?

Has anyone found him in Austin, Texas?

Wow, really? That gives me hope that I can still find one with clawed hands, but so far all the ones I've seen had normal hands.

EyeLikePrettyThings said:

I think one per six sounds about right. I went to another local Walmart (we live in the country, so "local" is relative) last night and saw that they had freshly stocked their shelves with butt-loads of Ghoul Spirit dolls, and eventually was able to paw through it all and find two more Slo Mo dolls. I was thrilled because that fulfilled my needs perfectly, and now I can leave him for some other lucky collector if I come across him again. LOL.

Strange thing, though: Of the two freshly-stocked dolls that I nabbed last night, one of them had clawed hands. I thought the clawed hands were the reason they had pulled him or there was a delay in getting him out? The first two I got had regular hands and I just assumed it was because they had worked all of those kinks out. But I got these two a week later, so why would one have claws and the other not? Could it have sat in the back of Walmart for months, or are they still sending clawed Slo Mo dolls out?

clawed hands is likely the older case that got unearthed. My theory was not that they pulled at all, but rather they only did a limited run of slo mos, shipped all the gs out, then did another run with him seeded back in. We're now seeing those seeded back in cases, with a few of the old bottom of the pallette ones added in.

I kinda like the claws haha.

I really wish people hadn't jumped to the conclusion that clawed hands caused a delay for Slo Mo, it is NOT TRUE.  It is speculation by ill-informed sources who don't know how toy production works.  The first round of arms for Slo Mo used the wrong mold, yes, but he was not recalled or delayed.  He was always intended to show up in later shipments of Ghoul Spirit so that he would continue shipping throughout the year.

Most of the errored hands were sent to Mattel Customer Service, where they are being used as replacement parts.

Yeppers! I'm not sure why, but I thought it was pretty awesome. Maybe check your local Walmart that hasn't refreshed their Monster High stuff in a while? I think this particular Walmart had a bunch left over after Christmas, so they were being pokey about putting new stuff out. :)

GoodDollHunting said:

Wow, really? That gives me hope that I can still find one with clawed hands, but so far all the ones I've seen had normal hands.

EyeLikePrettyThings said:

I found him! He was at the Lakeline Wall-Mart in Austin, Texas.

He's out I just found him right now in Cali :) so happy
Attachments:

If anyone finds another one with the claws I'd be very grateful if I could trade a normal one for it or buy it from you for my daughters boxed collection. Thanks so much!

Still haven't found him in stores but was able to do a trade. Feeling lucky. I want to get another one for a friend tho.

RSS

© 2020   Created by Stu Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service