Monster High Dolls .com

News and Reviews of Monster High Dolls, Plush Toys, and More!

Right, so i've been running around for a few days trying to put this puzzle together.

Here in the Uk, there have been no Slo Mo sightings. I don't believe any stores in the US have seen him either.

Anyway, contacting every toy store who had him advertised, they all told me the same thing. "Our supplier didn't deliver"

Mattel UK informed me cases including Slo Mo would be released in April, a good three months after the initial release which is very worrying.

However I then had a chat with Mattel US who actually usually are more clued up on things (Mattel UK are morons, they tried to tell me at one point that Cupid wasn't being shipping in assortments with Draculaura when I had a freaking box of them IN FRONT OF ME)

Anyway, here's my conversation:

Me:  Why do no stores have him and only assortments of the three girls? despite clearly advertising all four characters on the boxes and in shops.
Diana:  Slo Mo is being released this year to the major retailers of Wal-Mart, Target and Toys R Us.
Me:  Yes, but Ghoul Spirt as a line has HIT major retailers
Me:  he is NOT in the cases.
Me:  why?
Diana:  Just a moment.
Mel:  and is there any word of when he might start to appear?
Diana:  Thank you for waiting.
Me:  No problem
Diana:  Here in the United States, he will be sold under his product number of BGD87 and be released later this spring.
Diana:  The cases of the dolls do not have the Slo Mo figure in it.
Me  So does that mean he'll get his own case or will you just seed him into the cases with the girls?
Diana:  I'm sorry that I do not have any information for the United Kingdom.
Me:  and if so, how is that going to help his scarcity?
Me:  I mean in the US
Me:  The problem is, the boy dolls are very in demand and with 1 per case, they sell out immediately
Diana:  I'm sorry. He is sold in a case of 6 to the major retailers.
Me:  then people resell them on Ebay for crazy inflated prices
Me:  So he's getting his own case?
Me:  JUST of him? No girls?
Diana:  You would need to check to see with the affiliate if the "Slo Mo” Mortavitch is going to be sold there.
Diana:  The case only has 6 of him in it.
Me:  That's amazing news, i'm so relieved to hear it.
Diana:  Can I help you with anything else today?
Me:  thank you for that.

Diana:  Thank you for contacting Mattel. Have a nice day!

So.. mattel US are saying that "in the spring" (March/April time?) we should see cases of just Slo Mo hit stores? If so, YES! But what the hell? Very strange way to do this release, why not include him in the initial run in the first bloody place *sigh*

But good news is, if this is true, we shouldn't have any trouble finding him within the US. Hopefully the UK stores that are having the trouble supplying him to annoyed customers, will also order these cases when the chance arises. Fingers and toes crossed, but I do feel better with a semi official word of single character cases.

Views: 19571

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

So far we have Sweden. Germany and Canada? No US yet :| I'm okay with waiting but I'm scared if this will be like swim Holt where there was barley enough of him for everyone

'Zactly.  :/

werecatluvr122 said:

So far we have Sweden. Germany and Canada? No US yet :| I'm okay with waiting but I'm scared if this will be like swim Holt where there was barley enough of him for everyone

There's been one recent sighting of Slo Mo in the Midwest.  That still doesn't help me feel any better when I go to my local Target and see 8 GS Spectras, 2 GS Frankies, and 1 GS Venus on the shelf.  Unless those 11 dolls sell, there'll probably be no restock, which means no Slo Mo.

I'm like you; I really hope that Slo Mo will be like Scaris Deuce, who, though short packed, was eventually not impossibly difficult to find.  *crossing fingers*  

werecatluvr122 said:

This is actually the sighting that I was referring to.  It was reported yesterday in one of the FB groups, and it looks like she found just the one.

purple_monkfish said:

It also appears, via the receipt, that she also works at Target which means she probably got dibs before it even hit the floor. It says "team member discount" so I am pretty sure she was informed when that hit the back room before anyone even saw him.  I don't call this an entirely credible source either.  

Midori Fae said:

This is actually the sighting that I was referring to.  It was reported yesterday in one of the FB groups, and it looks like she found just the one.

purple_monkfish said:

D'oh!  Why didn't I see that before?  It's still more than what we've gotten so far, though.

ScaryAnn said:

It also appears, via the receipt, that she also works at Target which means she probably got dibs before it even hit the floor. It says "team member discount" so I am pretty sure she was informed when that hit the back room before anyone even saw him.  I don't call this an entirely credible source either.  

Midori Fae said:

purple_monkfish said:

$12.99 is not a bad price at all!

Very true!  I am hoping to see him sooner rather than later, but it kind of irks me that people who work at these stores get first choice of dolls when most of them probably do not collect and are only buying them to resell them on Ebay.  If she is a collector, good for her, but I have my doubts about that.  When I buy a doll the people checking me out always ask questions, like is this a rare one or haven't seen this one yet wonder if we have more.  They know what they are looking for and know how to resell these dolls especially if they are in high demand.  

Midori Fae said:

D'oh!  Why didn't I see that before?  It's still more than what we've gotten so far, though.

ScaryAnn said:

Midori Fae said:

purple_monkfish said:

Sadly with the scarcity of these dolls and the high prices on Ebay, it's human nature to want to cash in.

you only have to look at how much the other boys are still selling for loose and nude on Ebay to see how in demand they really are, and mattel can't have not noticed... right? right???

I like to think they aren't ALL blithering idiots but then marketing and distribution do pull stunts like Gil. *sigh*

Right now i'm pretty fed up with the whole hunt. If April comes and we still have no Slo Mo, i'm gonna be really ticked off and honestly, at this point I feel like even when/if I DO get him, it'll be this anticlimax. I'll debox and be all "eh... " because it's been so long the excitement's worn off and the frustration of the wait and the searching has caused apathy to set in.

Am I the only one feeling rather "eh." right now? And worse, just wait till Invisibilly and Neighthan and any other boys are released... eugh. I have no faith that Mattel can do anything BUT botch the distribution of boy dolls at this juncture.

More frustrating, the UK just flat out doesn't seem to be getting a lot of stuff with any sort of urgency. We're still waiting for Picnic Casket and tru uk are being really cagey about that release, they simply will not confirm they're getting it or when which makes me antsy. Still no sign of coffin bean (I really am doubting we'll even get that line tbh. Unless some really obscure store has them) and art class i've seen in ONE store.. one... store. Asda seems to be the only place stocking them which is just baffling.

So finding MH, instead of being easier, seems to actually be getting harder. What's up with that?

I am kind of getting "eh" about the whole collecting thing myself.  The thrill is wearing off and I just don't have the time and energy anymore to go on this crazy hunt.  I want these dolls, but I am not going to kill myself or my wallet to get them anymore.  Maybe once Mattel realizes that they will start to make them more widely available, but who knows.  

The whole Slo Mo has me a little "eh" as well. I am normally super excited for the hunt, but with this endless search I am just getting tired. My poor doll room has been neglected for a few weeks now.

ScaryAnn said:

I am kind of getting "eh" about the whole collecting thing myself.  The thrill is wearing off and I just don't have the time and energy anymore to go on this crazy hunt.  I want these dolls, but I am not going to kill myself or my wallet to get them anymore.  Maybe once Mattel realizes that they will start to make them more widely available, but who knows.  

RSS

© 2020   Created by Stu Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service