Monster High Dolls .com

News and Reviews of Monster High Dolls, Plush Toys, and More!

Right, so i've been running around for a few days trying to put this puzzle together.

Here in the Uk, there have been no Slo Mo sightings. I don't believe any stores in the US have seen him either.

Anyway, contacting every toy store who had him advertised, they all told me the same thing. "Our supplier didn't deliver"

Mattel UK informed me cases including Slo Mo would be released in April, a good three months after the initial release which is very worrying.

However I then had a chat with Mattel US who actually usually are more clued up on things (Mattel UK are morons, they tried to tell me at one point that Cupid wasn't being shipping in assortments with Draculaura when I had a freaking box of them IN FRONT OF ME)

Anyway, here's my conversation:

Me:  Why do no stores have him and only assortments of the three girls? despite clearly advertising all four characters on the boxes and in shops.
Diana:  Slo Mo is being released this year to the major retailers of Wal-Mart, Target and Toys R Us.
Me:  Yes, but Ghoul Spirt as a line has HIT major retailers
Me:  he is NOT in the cases.
Me:  why?
Diana:  Just a moment.
Mel:  and is there any word of when he might start to appear?
Diana:  Thank you for waiting.
Me:  No problem
Diana:  Here in the United States, he will be sold under his product number of BGD87 and be released later this spring.
Diana:  The cases of the dolls do not have the Slo Mo figure in it.
Me  So does that mean he'll get his own case or will you just seed him into the cases with the girls?
Diana:  I'm sorry that I do not have any information for the United Kingdom.
Me:  and if so, how is that going to help his scarcity?
Me:  I mean in the US
Me:  The problem is, the boy dolls are very in demand and with 1 per case, they sell out immediately
Diana:  I'm sorry. He is sold in a case of 6 to the major retailers.
Me:  then people resell them on Ebay for crazy inflated prices
Me:  So he's getting his own case?
Me:  JUST of him? No girls?
Diana:  You would need to check to see with the affiliate if the "Slo Mo” Mortavitch is going to be sold there.
Diana:  The case only has 6 of him in it.
Me:  That's amazing news, i'm so relieved to hear it.
Diana:  Can I help you with anything else today?
Me:  thank you for that.

Diana:  Thank you for contacting Mattel. Have a nice day!

So.. mattel US are saying that "in the spring" (March/April time?) we should see cases of just Slo Mo hit stores? If so, YES! But what the hell? Very strange way to do this release, why not include him in the initial run in the first bloody place *sigh*

But good news is, if this is true, we shouldn't have any trouble finding him within the US. Hopefully the UK stores that are having the trouble supplying him to annoyed customers, will also order these cases when the chance arises. Fingers and toes crossed, but I do feel better with a semi official word of single character cases.

Views: 19571

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I think, if it does turn out that there will be Slo Mo-only cases come April, that it's a prudent move on Mattel's part.  After building him up as the Saturday reveal at SDCC last year, only to apparently pull him from rotation right when the collection went to market?  No doubt Mattel knows that there are loads of people upset that they're not finding him right now; perhaps this is their way of making it right?

Well gee that helps a lot, considering that I'm moving to Japan in May. Now I will likely never get him..

i doubt that.
ghoulia is seen wearing her scaris outfit in the movie clips. I doubt she'll get a new look.
Robecca is the one seen with a new outfit in the clips.

Abbeyrocks said:

i predict a black carpet 2 pack happening with frankie and ghoulia so odd they havn't got a doll in the series yet.

Kind of embarrassed to ask, but what is "asda"??  Thanks.  :)

Abbeyrocks said:

operetta FCA is on asda direct website good news for those like me who have no asda near them.

i predict a black carpet 2 pack happening with frankie and ghoulia so odd they havn't got a doll in the series yet.

what ever happened to once upon a zombie they seemed to be around december then totally disapeered no restock or other stores selling.

Asda is a British supermarket chain ^^

beegirl83 said:

Kind of embarrassed to ask, but what is "asda"??  Thanks.  :)

Abbeyrocks said:

operetta FCA is on asda direct website good news for those like me who have no asda near them.

what ever happened to once upon a zombie they seemed to be around december then totally disapeered no restock or other stores selling.

Asda is a supermarket in the uk, owned by Walmart.

Dunno what's up with OUAZ, TRU haven't restocked in forever, on anything. Their stock is just... bizarre.

Someone in US found Slo Mo and it is currently listed on ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Monster-High-Doll-Slo-Mo-Sloman-Mortavich-B...d415

Outrageous!!!! $150, I hope they can sleep at night because it's people like them that make it impossible for others to find dolls at a decent price.

Scarylet Babaj Yaga said:

Someone in US found Slo Mo and it is currently listed on ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Monster-High-Doll-Slo-Mo-Sloman-Mortavich-B...d415

Yep, it's people like that guy that make people think I'm a scalper because I buy dolls for my niece. It's to the point where people will refuse to get boxes for me from the back when they have product, but then women ask and are able to buy the entire case of rare product. Of course, not a chance they're scalpers, because they're women and it's normal for them to buy full cases right?

Be mad at the store in my opinion they shouldn't care what the dolls are for.

I have heard about it happening when I worked at Wal-Mart. Had a friend that worked in the stock room and he would tell me all the time about people coming in wanting to buy whole cases of things. They would come in after 11pm when the trucks would come in, then buy cases as they came off the truck. The store didn't care as long as they got there money, the person could buy as many as they wanted as long as the store still had a case left to put on the shelves! 

Pilot Willie said:

Yep, it's people like that guy that make people think I'm a scalper because I buy dolls for my niece. It's to the point where people will refuse to get boxes for me from the back when they have product, but then women ask and are able to buy the entire case of rare product. Of course, not a chance they're scalpers, because they're women and it's normal for them to buy full cases right?

Really I dont' like the fact that stores would treat you like a criminal because you want some dolls. They treated me like that before, and I got my stuff right off of the shelves and they rushed me when I was going to check out. I want to complain to someone lol

RSS

© 2020   Created by Stu Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service