Monster High Dolls .com

News and Reviews of Monster High Dolls, Plush Toys, and More!

Right, so i've been running around for a few days trying to put this puzzle together.

Here in the Uk, there have been no Slo Mo sightings. I don't believe any stores in the US have seen him either.

Anyway, contacting every toy store who had him advertised, they all told me the same thing. "Our supplier didn't deliver"

Mattel UK informed me cases including Slo Mo would be released in April, a good three months after the initial release which is very worrying.

However I then had a chat with Mattel US who actually usually are more clued up on things (Mattel UK are morons, they tried to tell me at one point that Cupid wasn't being shipping in assortments with Draculaura when I had a freaking box of them IN FRONT OF ME)

Anyway, here's my conversation:

Me:  Why do no stores have him and only assortments of the three girls? despite clearly advertising all four characters on the boxes and in shops.
Diana:  Slo Mo is being released this year to the major retailers of Wal-Mart, Target and Toys R Us.
Me:  Yes, but Ghoul Spirt as a line has HIT major retailers
Me:  he is NOT in the cases.
Me:  why?
Diana:  Just a moment.
Mel:  and is there any word of when he might start to appear?
Diana:  Thank you for waiting.
Me:  No problem
Diana:  Here in the United States, he will be sold under his product number of BGD87 and be released later this spring.
Diana:  The cases of the dolls do not have the Slo Mo figure in it.
Me  So does that mean he'll get his own case or will you just seed him into the cases with the girls?
Diana:  I'm sorry that I do not have any information for the United Kingdom.
Me:  and if so, how is that going to help his scarcity?
Me:  I mean in the US
Me:  The problem is, the boy dolls are very in demand and with 1 per case, they sell out immediately
Diana:  I'm sorry. He is sold in a case of 6 to the major retailers.
Me:  then people resell them on Ebay for crazy inflated prices
Me:  So he's getting his own case?
Me:  JUST of him? No girls?
Diana:  You would need to check to see with the affiliate if the "Slo Mo” Mortavitch is going to be sold there.
Diana:  The case only has 6 of him in it.
Me:  That's amazing news, i'm so relieved to hear it.
Diana:  Can I help you with anything else today?
Me:  thank you for that.

Diana:  Thank you for contacting Mattel. Have a nice day!

So.. mattel US are saying that "in the spring" (March/April time?) we should see cases of just Slo Mo hit stores? If so, YES! But what the hell? Very strange way to do this release, why not include him in the initial run in the first bloody place *sigh*

But good news is, if this is true, we shouldn't have any trouble finding him within the US. Hopefully the UK stores that are having the trouble supplying him to annoyed customers, will also order these cases when the chance arises. Fingers and toes crossed, but I do feel better with a semi official word of single character cases.

Views: 19571

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Ah instant jealousy
From which retailer, doubledecker?
It was a guy in Cali on eBay,,, $38 and shipping, couldn't pass it up. But I'm betting we are gonna be sick of seeing him in a year. He's just to plain, no special features. The hair is the only thing kind of cool
Attachments:
Link? I don't see them

I don't see them either.

Torie said:

Link? I don't see them

they removed him frm the site when he sold out...

Cee said:

I don't see them either.

Torie said:

Link? I don't see them

the company who makes him, sold out?? why cant they do pre order reserves on him instead o pulling him off the sight!? they would still be selling dolls and there would also be enough for those who are looking for him on there sight as well. it seems that after all the run around with him these past months, mattel is still playing games
 robert hughes said:

they removed him frm the site when he sold out...

Cee said:

I don't see them either.

Torie said:

Link? I don't see them

http://www.ebay.it/itm/MONSTER-HIGH-FAN-SLOMAN-SLO-MO-MORTAVITCH-BG...

slo moe..in Germany......will we see him soon in the stores europe wide?

There are also sellers claiming to have him in hand from Canada, Malaysia and Maryland on Ebay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Monster-High-SLO-MO-Sloman-Mortavitch-Ghoul...

Oh great, now Kmart (like Target) has removed him from their website.  What up Kmart?  Geesh! 

Got mine! in Italy, but in a trade from sweden
I don't want to sound like bragging but it's a relief when you don't have to look for a rare doll anymore.
i'll keep posted if he shows up in Italy though

Seems Sweden and Germany have the most confirmed sightings... how odd. I'm wondering when he'll hit other parts of the EU. Still no sign in the UK.

RSS

© 2020   Created by Stu Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service