Monster High Dolls .com

News and Reviews of Monster High Dolls, Plush Toys, and More!

Right, so i've been running around for a few days trying to put this puzzle together.

Here in the Uk, there have been no Slo Mo sightings. I don't believe any stores in the US have seen him either.

Anyway, contacting every toy store who had him advertised, they all told me the same thing. "Our supplier didn't deliver"

Mattel UK informed me cases including Slo Mo would be released in April, a good three months after the initial release which is very worrying.

However I then had a chat with Mattel US who actually usually are more clued up on things (Mattel UK are morons, they tried to tell me at one point that Cupid wasn't being shipping in assortments with Draculaura when I had a freaking box of them IN FRONT OF ME)

Anyway, here's my conversation:

Me:  Why do no stores have him and only assortments of the three girls? despite clearly advertising all four characters on the boxes and in shops.
Diana:  Slo Mo is being released this year to the major retailers of Wal-Mart, Target and Toys R Us.
Me:  Yes, but Ghoul Spirt as a line has HIT major retailers
Me:  he is NOT in the cases.
Me:  why?
Diana:  Just a moment.
Mel:  and is there any word of when he might start to appear?
Diana:  Thank you for waiting.
Me:  No problem
Diana:  Here in the United States, he will be sold under his product number of BGD87 and be released later this spring.
Diana:  The cases of the dolls do not have the Slo Mo figure in it.
Me  So does that mean he'll get his own case or will you just seed him into the cases with the girls?
Diana:  I'm sorry that I do not have any information for the United Kingdom.
Me:  and if so, how is that going to help his scarcity?
Me:  I mean in the US
Me:  The problem is, the boy dolls are very in demand and with 1 per case, they sell out immediately
Diana:  I'm sorry. He is sold in a case of 6 to the major retailers.
Me:  then people resell them on Ebay for crazy inflated prices
Me:  So he's getting his own case?
Me:  JUST of him? No girls?
Diana:  You would need to check to see with the affiliate if the "Slo Mo” Mortavitch is going to be sold there.
Diana:  The case only has 6 of him in it.
Me:  That's amazing news, i'm so relieved to hear it.
Diana:  Can I help you with anything else today?
Me:  thank you for that.

Diana:  Thank you for contacting Mattel. Have a nice day!

So.. mattel US are saying that "in the spring" (March/April time?) we should see cases of just Slo Mo hit stores? If so, YES! But what the hell? Very strange way to do this release, why not include him in the initial run in the first bloody place *sigh*

But good news is, if this is true, we shouldn't have any trouble finding him within the US. Hopefully the UK stores that are having the trouble supplying him to annoyed customers, will also order these cases when the chance arises. Fingers and toes crossed, but I do feel better with a semi official word of single character cases.

Views: 19571

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I will add this comment but I'm expecting original Lagoona and Nefra used and if someone would like to trade 2 slo mo's for them let me know, I probably will add this to the buy trade sale thread

No way!!! If they came through for you I guess I should try, Thanks!!!!

I saw how frustrated you were with amazon so that's good you got him else where.

yep i can relax now!!! got my Comic Con tickets today too...cant wait to see what i gotta hunt for there

Well they're out of stock now. Amazon.de are claiming "3 or 4 weeks" for stock. I'm keeping a close eye. Still nothing from any actual high street stores here in the UK.

Hopefully soon.

peedee toys also had it in stock Feb.2 but i passed

Hello,

A product you showed interest in is now in stock. 
http://www.peedeetoys.com.au/v/vspfiles/templates/NewPeeDee/images/..." vspace="6"/>

Monster High - Ghoul Spirit Sloman 'Slo Mo' Mortavitch (BGD87) The Monster High gang are dying to show us some Monster High…, $24.99

Oooh more places, that helps out a lot.

Good luck with comic con, if you have a LOT OF LUCK with any exclusive monster high I would buy one from you, Long shot but thought I'll mention it to you.

Anyways thanks for all the updates with Slo Mo

So last night I picked up a Slo No off of eBay for $46 shipped. It was in hand from Cali. My question is, do you guys this is going to get released and flood the stores or be tough to get?

u got it from toys4u right...he got them from mattel.com...i talked to him last night

doubledeckersoulwrecker said:

So last night I picked up a Slo No off of eBay for $46 shipped. It was in hand from Cali. My question is, do you guys this is going to get released and flood the stores or be tough to get?

where is everyone finding him???? because I have been looking everywhere and nothing. not going to pay some scalper for more then store price and cant stay up all night looking all over the internet. so where in the world are people finding him!????????  I need to get him with in the next 2 months or I never will be able to. NEED SOME HELP HERE!!!!
doubledeckersoulwrecker said:

Canada, he's popped up in Canada but still not in huge quantity. Still, the fact he's starting to show up in hand on Ebay is promising.

that does sound a little promising, my family is planning a trip to MI in early april so maybe I can talk my mother in-law in to make a trip up there to see if we can find him. she goes up there ever few weeks to get her smokes so maybe she will let me tag along.  
purple_monkfish said:

Canada, he's popped up in Canada but still not in huge quantity. Still, the fact he's starting to show up in hand on Ebay is promising.

So... you're willing to pay for a trip to canada on a very slim chance you might find a doll....  but not to ship a doll when it's widely available from the states to Japan?

Uh...

ok?

RSS

© 2020   Created by Stu Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service