Monster High Dolls .com

News and Reviews of Monster High Dolls, Plush Toys, and More!

Which doll/character do you like the best out of the reboot and which the least? Which do you think they screwed up and or changed too much and which do you think they change either too little or not very much at all?

Views: 188

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yeah I hate the new Cleo, I own one and altered her some, but still no comparison to gen 1 Cleo AT ALL!

I mean...

I don't hate the new Cleo (I have one LOL Dance the fright away Cleo) but I agree, there's no comparison...

G1 Cleo had great almond shaped eyes and why the hell did they give her blue eyes?!

Also you picked one of the prettiest G1 Cleo, it makes it even worse! Scaris Cleo is really gorgeous.

Well the only g1 Cleo's I dislike are Gloom Beach, Skull Shores, and Ghouls Rule. I loved every other one. I also own DTFA Cleo, though I redid her. Seen below...

I actually like Cleo's eyes being blue, they were always blue in the series/movies yet the doll(s) had green. The Freaky Fusion Cleolei had blue even though both Toralei's doll and Cleo's had green lol. So I like the color of her new eyes, just not the shape.

So for me, the original animated webisodes are kind of canon. They took something cool (feminine monster action figures) and made me emotionally invested, made them awesome. I always wanted the dolls to look more like the webisode art, with bigger, cartoony-er eyes.

Therefore, my favorite reboots are as follows:

1.) Draculaura. Draculaura was always adorable and doey-eyed. They just made her more true to her original character. I only wish they had made her shorter than the others, like in the webisodes.

2.) Lagoona. Lagoona's original eye-paint always bothered me a bit. It didn't look right to me, even though I love and treasure the dolls. I feel like Lagoona's re-boot face is a-l-m-o-s-t right but could have been a bit more elegant. I do love her though. I miss her purple eyebrows (the teal ones look stupid to me), but with acrylic paint and a toothpick, that is a relatively easy fix. I like how her face doesn't look so...bloated anymore.

3.) Cleo. Cleo has these wide, expressive eyes in the webisode. She makes them even wider when being dramatic, scandalized, surprised, etc. I love her re-boot face too.

4.) Rochelle. I think Rochelle's re-boot face is absolutely a treasure. Elegantly sweet chic.

IN ADDITION:

1.) Silvi Timberwolf. Silvi is just perfect! I couldn't lover her design more! So trippy! Too bad no webisodes to let us get to know her :(

2.) Kelpie Blue. I love her too so much! Her face anyways. Her sad, permanently paralyzed arms weird me out. Why does she have the lockjaw?! WHY YOU SO CHEAP AND RIDICULOUS MATTEL????

3.) Actually, I like all of the new siblings/cousins (pointless though they may mostly be) except for that really creepy De Nile baby.

AW, Noooo:

1.) Frankie. Original Frankie looked off to me. Re-boot Frankie is really cute, but still bothers me. Her head sculpt is great, but the eyes still aren't the webisode eyes, and there is something kind of bland about her now. It makes me sad. She was so special and expressive and distinct and her.

BAD RE-BOOT FACES:

1.) Clawdeen. Original Clawdeen would have looked better with her webisode eyes (large, tilted up). But re-boot Clawdeen doesn't even look like Clawdeen anymore! A Wolf family cousin perhaps, sure, but NOT *the* Clawdeen Wolf. She was so sassy, and smart, and fun. Again, it looks like someone just swept her personality completely away and replaced it with a totally different, much more docile and cute-sy one.

I DIDN'T EVEN NOTICE...:

1.) Venus got re-booted. Venus got re-booted?

DISCLAIMER: THIS COMMENT WAS ABOUT THE FACE-PAINTING ONLY, AND DEFINITELY ***NOT*** ABOUT THE BANAL, CHEAPER NEW CLOTHING, THE LACK OF ARTICULATION  (OR BAD, GAPPY ARTICULATION), THE HORRIBLE, BORING NEW BACKSTORY, THE LACK OF PETS, THE LACK OF STANDS, THE LAME PACKAGING, THE STUPID GIMMICKS, ETC. WHICH ALL SUCK IN THE EXTREME AND HAVE STRIPPED AWAY SO MUCH OF THE MAGIC AND APPEAL AND SHEER WONDERFULNESS THAT WAS MONSTER HIGH. IT'S A TRAVESTY.

RSS

© 2017   Created by Stu Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service