Monster High Dolls .com

News and Reviews of Monster High Dolls, Plush Toys, and More!

Out of pure curiosity... Do you keep your dolls in their boxes or take them out?

Mind you, I'm not trying to start a debate as to which way is "better", I'm just curious as to what each person prefers. XD

I personally can't stand to leave them in their boxes. It just feels so... bland. XD I like to take them out and pose them, and set up my own little scenes on my display shelf. :) I do save some of the packaging to use as backdrops and such, though.

What do you do?

Views: 1031

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I take the regular ones out of the boxes and keep the boxes for some reason

But I keep the Comic Con exclusives in the box 

me got a few outta the box but dey just doubles. Other than those me has dem all in boxes, I plan on having dem graded by CDA

I take them out of the box.

:)

Folly Noir said:

Taking them out of the boxes is so strangely satistfying. I keep my dolls sitting on the shelf next to my bed so I can turn and talk to them, feel their hair, etc. Stroking their hair brings me comfort.

Same here... they all come out of the boxes and the boxes get thrown out!

The only exception is my Deadfast Ghoulia... wish I had bought 2 at Comic Con!

Peachy The Peach said:

I have a small shelf I display all my dolls on. Only one of my dolls is in the box, which is Comic Con Dead Fast Ghoulia. Debated on taking her out of the box..But I left her one. She's too pwetty to take outta the box. ; - ;

I was very torn about taking my Deadfast Ghoulia out of her box, because it was such nice packaging.The hair was a little disheveled when she arrived, though, so In the end I decided she'd look nicer out of the packaging (she has a lovely metallic stand that's not visible in the box). I saved the boxes, though. X3 When I get a B&W Frankie, I'll probably leave her in the box. Probably.
i am a box collector.  the only toys that come out of the boxes are plushes, because alot of the time, they come in packages like the MH plushes with no plastic windows, or they just have tags and no packages anyway....  i made the decision to be a box collector many years ago.  I lived in a very small apartment for 6 years and by keeping my dollies in their boxes it made it much easier to display because i could just stack them and not have to worry about shelving.  (my toy collection has over a hundred items and growing...)  when i finally moved out of that apartment last year, it  took me about 12 50 gallon trash bags to pack up up my dollies to be moved.  they all stacked very nicely.  some times i feel like being a box collector has kept me from just having a giant pile of dolls...(that would be what would happen to me, lol)  plus it adds to the nerdom of collecting for me...
By the end of this week I should finally have Abbey and that will be doll #25 for me. I have a very special art project I plan on building which will allow me to take me dolls out of their boxes so that I can display them. As for my comic con Frankie & Ghoulia, they shall remain in their boxes for sure. 
But I will definitely keep all the boxes as well.. 

Zombie baby! said:
By the end of this week I should finally have Abbey and that will be doll #25 for me. I have a very special art project I plan on building which will allow me to take me dolls out of their boxes so that I can display them. As for my comic con Frankie & Ghoulia, they shall remain in their boxes for sure. 
I do both, I keep them ones I buy first out of box and sometimes if I'm unlucky in my finds I'll buy one i already have and keep it in box

I de-box all my dolls but I did save two boxes, the Ghoulia Deadfast box and the Gloom Beach 5 pack carry case box. I love the look of the Deadfast box so much I wanted to save it and the Gloom Beach box I thought might actually be useful at some point for transporting dolls when I next move.

I've never actually left a doll IN the box, but I have kept a few boxes (B&W Frankie, Scarah & HooDude, etc.)

RSS

© 2020   Created by Stu Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service