Monster High Dolls .com

News and Reviews of Monster High Dolls, Plush Toys, and More!

Image result for barbie logo transparent

Barbie is a fashion doll manufactured by the American toy company Mattel, Inc. and launched in March 1959. American businesswoman Ruth Handler is credited with the creation of the doll using a German doll called Bild Lilli as her inspiration.

Barbie is the figurehead of a brand of Mattel dolls and accessories, including other family members and collectible dolls. Barbie has been an important part of the toy fashion doll market for over fifty years, and has been the subject of numerous controversies and lawsuits, often involving parodies of the doll and her lifestyle.

Mattel has sold over a billion Barbie dolls, making it the company’s largest and most profitable line. However, sales have declined sharply since 2014. The doll transformed the toy business in affluent communities worldwide by becoming a vehicle for the sale of related merchandise (accessories, clothes, friends of Barbie, etc.). She had a significant impact on social values by conveying characteristics of female independence, and with her multitude of accessories, an idealized upscale life-style that can be shared with affluent friends.

Views: 2433

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I like Frida Kahlo!

She should wear rings.

I love these! 

The Chloe Kim doll is definitely the most stylish. I love her. I'm especially happy that they made Katherine Johnson - she is the definition of an inspirational woman to me. 

I'd also love to get Nicola Adams and Patty Jenkins too, and I'm not sure who the doll in the yellow suit is based on, but she looks fierce. 

as I predicted, these are "adult collector" so not aimed at kids in the first place (despite the media line being all about inspiring children, hah, what nonsense) and they sold out in seconds.

Will they restock? hmm, i'm not optimistic.

Nor is there any information about whether any of these will get a physical store release.

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if this was just a publicity stunt and Mattel never had any intention of making enough, let alone actually releasing them to physical stores for kids to see.

Heaven forbid children get barbie dolls right?

Mattel just... eugh.. continue to make awful decisions.

I love this idea and probably the closest we'll ever get to historical dolls from Mattel these days. Id love the Frida and Hidden Figures lady but they are already all sold out? Geez!

yep. Yet the media keeps on lauding Mattel for their "progressive inspirational message to kids!"

Yeah it'd be great, if they'd made the dolls available to the bloody kids but they didn't.

-_-

Maybe the static bodied ones will get a wider release? But with no annoucement of releases or retailers i'm not hopeful. Mattel don't seem to be willing to do things right these days, they just want quick kudos for minimal effort.

So the famous Mexican druglord el chapo’s twin Daughters had a Barbie themed birthday and wow

Barbie Dreamtopia Merman Ken

OMG I need that!!!!! 

he's gorgeous it's about time they did a Merman!

yes ! like him better than the previous one with the bulky looking removable fin. But I wish he could have gotten a new head mold, or at least one of the newer Fashionista Ken heads.

Hello,

New Barbie images:

http://papusilemele.com/en/

Shaving Fun Ken! Shaving Fun Ken! Shaving Fun Ken! Sorry, but I have never, ever been able to get ahold of a Shaving Fun-type Ken, so this may be my chance! He's quite a handsome guy, too, no?

<Disappears into a shadow>

Goodbye,

The Whispering Wolf / Wolfie

ooo Shaving fun Ken, I used to have one as a child, before I was even allowed to have Barbie, I could only have male dolls, I would like an older version but I will get this one if I can. 

also what we are getting for the big 60th anniversary is a little disappointing, I was hoping for repro's of iconic dolls like the favourites doll line, what a shame we get the static body cheap treatment. 

I really like that costume line. 

yeah, they could have at least made them articulated like the ones in the musician doll set last year.

I love that DeAgostini historical fashion set line, to bad they will probably be limited to Europe. There was a similar magazine and fashion line in the late 90's/2000's called Discover the World. I was able to get a few of those from eBay back in the day, hopefully these will eventually be available through eBay as well, I just hope they wont be too costly.

RSS

© 2021   Created by Stu Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service