Monster High Dolls .com

News and Reviews of Monster High Dolls, Plush Toys, and More!

Image result for barbie logo transparent

Barbie is a fashion doll manufactured by the American toy company Mattel, Inc. and launched in March 1959. American businesswoman Ruth Handler is credited with the creation of the doll using a German doll called Bild Lilli as her inspiration.

Barbie is the figurehead of a brand of Mattel dolls and accessories, including other family members and collectible dolls. Barbie has been an important part of the toy fashion doll market for over fifty years, and has been the subject of numerous controversies and lawsuits, often involving parodies of the doll and her lifestyle.

Mattel has sold over a billion Barbie dolls, making it the company’s largest and most profitable line. However, sales have declined sharply since 2014. The doll transformed the toy business in affluent communities worldwide by becoming a vehicle for the sale of related merchandise (accessories, clothes, friends of Barbie, etc.). She had a significant impact on social values by conveying characteristics of female independence, and with her multitude of accessories, an idealized upscale life-style that can be shared with affluent friends.

Views: 2433

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

This is an interesting line-up. Interesting as in not necessarily good.

There are some great ones here though. The dark skinned girl in the rainbow dress is a must-have, the yellow and brown haired girl (top row, fifth doll) is great and I like the camo girl below her. The lilac haired girl on the far left is nice enough, and I'll probably get the cute albino girl with the afro too. But some of these are messy - pink topknot is giving me Dreamtopia vibes, the Barbie next to her is almost like a fakie, the kitty dress girl is too juvenile, the curvy next to her is nice but her outfit is a hodgepodge, and I love the idea of the girl in the red hoodie, but the construction of the outfit is lacking.

Sorry if that was a bit analytical. But that's the game of a doll collector sometimes!

edit: overall I think there are some real gems here, but the last few line-ups have been better, especially this year's fall wave.

I thought we'd see this line end soon b/c of them not selling as much as they've hoped. I wish we'd get more jointed dolls or at least get some new arm positions, some of these are starting to feel a bit samey.

the outfits are, with the exception of the blue haired girl in the shorts, really terrible and unflattering. So many are just sack dresses, not nice.

black and white curvy dress is okay but not that flattering to her figure with the pleplum ruffle but wowza most of these dresses are just really bland.

lots of blondes ths season too, which is disappointing but I like that we appear to have an albino (white afro), two fantasy hair colours and a super dark girl ( I absolutely LOVE that super dark shade Mattel have, they don't use it nearly enough)

Also looks like a return for the Asha mold in the red dress. I always liked that sculpt, with her little snub nose hah.

I wish the albino girl had a nicer face sculpt, I've never really liked open mouth sculpts and that one is a bit too psycho grin.

I feel though, like we're getting a lot of repeat sculpts/hair/body/skin combos now. Like, that petite with the curly hair looks awfully like the coral dress petite from the first wave of these. Be nice to see more variation given they have literally hundreds of sculpts to use.

Looks like curvy in the black and white might be carnival which is interesting as we haven't seen that one too often.

Not so much skin tone variety this season either. We've got what, 8 pale skinned dolls to 4 darker ones and only two of those are actually overly dark, the other two are "kinda tannish"

In fact pink hair might be the same skin tone as the one in the grey sweater dress. Which i'd call "olive"

And omg is top line curvy wearing pink and red together in the same outfit? *pukes* that's a fashion no no surely? you learn in primary school that pink and red don't go together damnit!

OMG is that an albino fro? I NEED!!!!!!!!!! 

also super excited for the very dark girl too also NEED!!!! 

the petite afro on the end is cute but she looks like she has a weird neck maybe she will look better in person

the blue hair is also cute as is Pink bun, kitty girl, brown and yellow hair girl and the first in red. 

the others how ever not as interesting or exciting but there are still some to be excited about especially albino fro.

nice flowery trousers, great to see more made to move dolls being made.

yay another curvy mtm! we haven't got the dance one over here (looks unlikely we WILL at this rate).

I prefer the floral leggings and the little tie on the tops, makes them look slightly less well, bland and boring.

Not sure about curvy's face, its not one I particularly like but let's face it, 90% of everyone is just gonna get her for her body right?

That curvy one is calling me. Teresa 2 sculpt, curvy, and MTM body? That's like my Barbie kryptonite. 

And the outfits look more like real yoga outfits which is a bonus. But I'm still waiting on the other curvy MTM. I want her too...and the skateboarder from last year. Never found her in the wild. 

yeah I don't think we will get any of these sadly. 

the skater one did show up TRU I found her and the others they did at the time. 

the first mtm curvy is always out of stock on Amazon. I haven't seen her in stores yet. I hope the curvy mtm's dont become hard to find like some of the Fashionista doll & fashion sets have been. :(

Barbie unveils dolls based on Amelia Earhart, Frida Kahlo, Katherine Johnson and Chloe Kim

RSS

© 2021   Created by Stu Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service