Monster High Dolls .com

News and Reviews of Monster High Dolls, Plush Toys, and More!

Image result for barbie logo transparent

Barbie is a fashion doll manufactured by the American toy company Mattel, Inc. and launched in March 1959. American businesswoman Ruth Handler is credited with the creation of the doll using a German doll called Bild Lilli as her inspiration.

Barbie is the figurehead of a brand of Mattel dolls and accessories, including other family members and collectible dolls. Barbie has been an important part of the toy fashion doll market for over fifty years, and has been the subject of numerous controversies and lawsuits, often involving parodies of the doll and her lifestyle.

Mattel has sold over a billion Barbie dolls, making it the company’s largest and most profitable line. However, sales have declined sharply since 2014. The doll transformed the toy business in affluent communities worldwide by becoming a vehicle for the sale of related merchandise (accessories, clothes, friends of Barbie, etc.). She had a significant impact on social values by conveying characteristics of female independence, and with her multitude of accessories, an idealized upscale life-style that can be shared with affluent friends.

Views: 1407

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hello,

http://barbielistholland.wordpress.com/2018/11/03/2019-news-about-t...

EEK!  :)

<Disappears into a shadow>

Goodbye,

The Whispering Wolf / Wolfie

This is awesome. Barbie David Bowie Doll.

The Star Wars Barbie's look cool but I'm gonna have to skip on these cause they are quite pricey plus they don't look worth 100 and I'm not that into star wars.

Hello, C,

Thanks for the brand new images! I LOVE the idea of a pet photographer!  :) CHIHUAHUAS for Barbie once more! Yes!  :)

Goodbye,

Mattel's really milking this "minor celeb" thing huh?

I find it tacky frankly, but maybe that's just me.

I'm not a big fan of the cookie Barbie either not really a good role model reviewing toys online and getting paid for it is not inspirational at all. It's more of a plan b when you don't make your dreams come true. Unless you're dream is to be famous for nothing then you are living the dream  

I couldn't figure out what she was supposed to be. I thought she was an Ebay seller, lol.

LOL

Hello,

I kept trying to figure out what you were all talking about, and then, I realized what the gist of your comments was: Barbie has turned into a YouTube celebrity, because Mattel hasn't the heart to make her truly tacky by turning her into a Cam Girl! LOL!

You still have dark hair like Belle Delphine, though, Barbie, so now, of course, I'm imagining all sorts of stupid, ridiculous, supposedly "sexy" "Lolita fashion" scenarios involving you and some slimy octopus! ACK!

Oh, well. This is one for The eBay Files, so that someone of any of our ages can sell this "once-trendy" doll, MIMB, for thousands of dollars once we reach our "Golden Years"....and need that freaking hip-replacement surgery! Stop depressing me, Mattel! GAG! 

<Disappears into a shadow, checking hip health....JK....for now....>

Goodbye,

Hello,

You know that I'm gonna buy that doll for the dogs, though! So....sue me! LOL!  ;)

Goodbye,

RSS

© 2019   Created by Stu Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service