Monster High Dolls .com

News and Reviews of Monster High Dolls, Plush Toys, and More!

So I saw a picture on Flickr of new upcoming Novi Stars, after hearing that they were discontinued a while back I was somewhat surprised and didn't think they would be coming back.

what are everybody's thoughts yay or nay?

also does this mean Bratzillaz will make a return too?

after the sales it is surprising to see them back.

but some of the new ones do look cute.

Views: 1001

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have a few NS and really didnt want any more. The deer is cute but I dont get why she has antennae and antlers, like it doesnt make sense to me.

well, I generally associate designs with quality, that's why I said that. for example, Wolf pack Clawdia's shirt and shorts are sewn together to make a pantsuit, and for a "belt" a plain aqua/green ribbon... It was designed cheaply with very little detail. but to talk about what you said exactly, I agree that lately the design team isn't at there best, but in my opinion I don't believe novi stars look any better than monster high.

Victoria Niccals said:

No, I wasn't referring to quality, I was referring to the latest designs, how the characters are supposed to look in the first place, not the execution of that. Because I think that MH's latest designs suck, a lot. Which is why I'm currently slowly phasing out of buying any more/ being a fan in general.

TheWerewolfPuffBall said:

i'm actually starting to think quality problems are all throughout Mattel's toys right now, or at least the doll part. I was in walmart the other day and I was browsing and you know what I saw with 85% of there Disney dolls? molded on clothing. yeah, a contradiction of what a "fashion Doll" is supposed to be. while molded on clothing wasn't uncommon for ballerina barbies, some princess barbies, or those water ballet Disney dolls a few years back, plastic corsets and pants (Kristoff in particular) weren't on nearly every doll until the last 2 years? (that was a rough estimation). 

Victoria Niccals said:

I am sorry to say that these Novis are basically crapping on the newest MH designs. Actually, not sorry at all, I'm really happy that there are cool dolls to buy.

Ohhh, I see what you mean, and I agree. Thanks for the clarification!

well, I generally associate designs with quality, that's why I said that. for example, Wolf pack Clawdia's shirt and shorts are sewn together to make a pantsuit, and for a "belt" a plain aqua/green ribbon... It was designed cheaply with very little detail. but to talk about what you said exactly, I agree that lately the design team isn't at there best, but in my opinion I don't believe novi stars look any better than monster high.

Victoria Niccals said:

No, I wasn't referring to quality, I was referring to the latest designs, how the characters are supposed to look in the first place, not the execution of that. Because I think that MH's latest designs suck, a lot. Which is why I'm currently slowly phasing out of buying any more/ being a fan in general.

i'm actually starting to think quality problems are all throughout Mattel's toys right now, or at least the doll part. I was in walmart the other day and I was browsing and you know what I saw with 85% of there Disney dolls? molded on clothing. yeah, a contradiction of what a "fashion Doll" is supposed to be. while molded on clothing wasn't uncommon for ballerina barbies, some princess barbies, or those water ballet Disney dolls a few years back, plastic corsets and pants (Kristoff in particular) weren't on nearly every doll until the last 2 years? (that was a rough estimation). 

Victoria Niccals said:

I am sorry to say that these Novis are basically crapping on the newest MH designs. Actually, not sorry at all, I'm really happy that there are cool dolls to buy.

The deer one is cute.

@ Victoria Niccals: Are you referring to the latest released MH dolls or the upcoming ones?

In case anyone didn't know, these dolls are only being released in Russia.

I have a friend in Russia hunting them for me. Shipping us going to be awful though.

I've always liked the Novi Stars, but lack of spending money has kept me from getting any of them. They never sold well in my Wal-Mart or anywhere else around here so I never got to see anything past Wave 1. But I had been planning on getting them if I could find them and afford them at the same time. They're all gone now, sadly, so I doubt I'll be getting of them.

These new ones, though are ridiculously cute. Like I said, I've always liked them and the lack of articulation just made me think of them as more of dressable action figures rather than fashion dolls.

These are adorable. WISH they were sold in the US!!!!!

RSS

© 2019   Created by Stu Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service