Monster High Dolls .com

News and Reviews of Monster High Dolls, Plush Toys, and More!

I've seen people complaining about the elastic in legs even today, so I thought I'd make a thread about this, even though there may already be one.

I got Operetta in today, and while examining her, I noticed her legs have been replaced! It's a new plastic system, now-- seemingly, a plastic rod inserted into the pelvis-hole that connects to the thigh with another, rounded piece of plastic. 

Pros: No more phantom elastic! No more having to painfully resew legs that come off! The legs also seem to bend more smoothly, now.

Cons: Harder to take off and put back on, I assume. Has anyone tried yet? Her legs also don't seem to want to hold poses, though my Nefera (who has the same system) holds them fine. I can't take legs off to paint details on them anymore and they don't do high-kicks as well. :c

It seems like the choice is best for children, which is good since they're the main market for these dolls. I like it! This does mean that for my more complicated customs, I'll have to buy older dolls, which is usually my intention in the first place.

Also on the topic of Operetta, my Operetta's scalp is entirely blank, I found. Is this just a factory fluke, or do your Operettas have unpainted scalps as well?

Views: 485

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Also, for referance: The only dolls I have in my collection who have this are Nefera and Operetta. CA Cupid, SO Cleo, and Ghoulia don't. If yours seem to have this, please say so! 

i wil be finding out shortly, but thanks for the notice. It's just like the CAm legs, then?

Milksake said:

Also, for referance: The only dolls I have in my collection who have this are Nefera and Operetta. CA Cupid, SO Cleo, and Ghoulia don't. If yours seem to have this, please say so! 

it'sd on toralei too? I Have toralei so i'll look later

Triumvirate: Wun, Tou, & Thrii said:

It is different than the CAM legs, but similar in its range of movement to the CAM legs.

We love the new leg system on Operetta, Nefera, and Toralei. I think this was definitely a good move.

Sam 'Samuel' Webber said:

i wil be finding out shortly, but thanks for the notice. It's just like the CAm legs, then?

Milksake said:

I'm glad to hear about this change. I noticed that some of my elastic dolls are very loose, and I'm scared I'll break them.

I wonder if they will switch over all of the dolls to the new legs eventually?  I feel as if they have a bunch of the old character's bodies already made, as the new characters all have the new legs. 

All the new dolls have this new leg mechanism. You can now move the dolls torsos back and fourth because of the new legs. I like the new leg joints to a point but I hate how loose they feel it's always makes you worry that they will snap off.

my nefera has it 2

RSS

© 2020   Created by Stu Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service