Monster High Dolls .com

News and Reviews of Monster High Dolls, Plush Toys, and More!

Looking at the wholesalers site today too. Noticed Spectra is getting a bed and Lagoona a shower playset. There is also a 3rd wave of dead tired dolls coming out with Spectra, Lagoona and Robecca. No photos at the moment looking forward to seeing Spectra's bed especially.

Views: 6431

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Sometimes it's not a case of "not special enough" it's a case of "this is all the news I've got, hope it's interesting" All I have to go on is an updated description alongside outdated photos. And the fact the new ghouls come with a sleep mask and sleep over accessory (accessory unknown) just like all the other DT dolls. I know for a fact for eg that retailers don't even get to see any photos yet.

I started the thread because it was a little bit of potentially interesting news that was easy to miss even for people who do do business with Mattel, and because the forums had been such a help to me in finding the Power Ghouls it seemed right to pay it forward.

VaughanH7 said:

But, thankfully there are also those like yourself who don't only tell us 'new dead tired dolls! but can't say anything because you're not special enough!' but take their time to explain to us what they've seen. I honestly prefer to wait until promo pics are released anyway because leaked photos can make dolls look icky sometimes and put people off the doll/item (take Gigi for example, I've heard everyone's taken an instant hatred for her....based on a leaked picture? It could easily be an unfinished doll)

Triumvirate said:

I'm not offended. I understand your frustration. I was only able to see the pictures on the condition that I not share them with anyone publicly and I'm going to honor my word in that. I should have just not said anything at all because I guess I'm just adding to people's frustration. Sorry about that.

I hope you understand that I don't mean you either....but the 'not special enough' isn't me overreacting there are some who have LITERALLY said things like that.

Vivienne Wormwood said:

Sometimes it's not a case of "not special enough" it's a case of "this is all the news I've got, hope it's interesting" All I have to go on is an updated description alongside outdated photos. And the fact the new ghouls come with a sleep mask and sleep over accessory (accessory unknown) just like all the other DT dolls. I know for a fact for eg that retailers don't even get to see any photos yet.

I started the thread because it was a little bit of potentially interesting news that was easy to miss even for people who do do business with Mattel, and because the forums had been such a help to me in finding the Power Ghouls it seemed right to pay it forward.

VaughanH7 said:

But, thankfully there are also those like yourself who don't only tell us 'new dead tired dolls! but can't say anything because you're not special enough!' but take their time to explain to us what they've seen. I honestly prefer to wait until promo pics are released anyway because leaked photos can make dolls look icky sometimes and put people off the doll/item (take Gigi for example, I've heard everyone's taken an instant hatred for her....based on a leaked picture? It could easily be an unfinished doll)

Triumvirate said:

I'm not offended. I understand your frustration. I was only able to see the pictures on the condition that I not share them with anyone publicly and I'm going to honor my word in that. I should have just not said anything at all because I guess I'm just adding to people's frustration. Sorry about that.

I think I have to agree with you that these people getting so dramatic about it are mostly the ones who haven't seen it...but then again you can't blame them either, they're just as much collectors as all of us and feel like they're being cheated if an average collector no more special than them in terms of the dolls get to see something they don't. I myself think it's good some get to see/read about upcoming waves, because at least then we get those like you who let us know about them :)

So far only one person has acted smug about it. I won't call names out....I don't want them bashed or anything because of me, after all that would make me as bad as them really. But that makes me really glad that out of a handful that have seen/heard about these new items only ONE has been immature and stupid about it. Even if you don't want to share information it's better to just say that than 'nope, you're not good enough' right?

Triumvirate said:

Okay, I get your point better now, though I haven't seen anyone being smug about having seen these pictures myself. But now you're the second person today on this site that has written something to that effect and I'm really wondering who is or who would act like that. I'm just seeing people be excited to share some news not anyone being a jerk about it.

I'm not questioning that someone has been smug with you, though, really, because I don't know what was said to you or by whom. I believe you. But from my perspective I have seen more bad behavior by people who have not seen the pictures myself than those who have. I've seen jealously, bitterness...basically smugness the other way around like "What's so great about you that are you to be able to see these pictures before me or to refuse to show them to me like you're some kind of elite person? I am entitled to see them too and you have a responsibility to show them to us whether you made an agreement not to or not because it's not like you work for Mattel and could get fired or something. Just show us already."

VaughanH7 said:

Don't apologise at all! I am happy that people are at least descrining them hehe :) it makes me excited....it's not the fact that the people who have seen them can't show us that's frustrating me really.....it's the whole smug-ness people that see them get....I've spoken to a few people who have had the 'I've seen them you haven't!' attitude towards it....and when those people aren't anything to do with mattel or any kind of business with the photos it irks me.

Triumvirate said:

i hope the dead tired robecca is something like this one

new mh book

i really like this one c:

I had a dream last night that the line included Clawdeen and Howleen as well. I Wonder if it was a psychic dream? Hehe. 

Because all products have embargos, which means that there is a written contract drawn up by Mattel's lawyers that prohibits any photos (and sometimes information) being 'released' too far in advance of the product/s' release.

If photos are revealed too soon of a product, once it's actually released the 'Buzz' of it being new won't be the same as seeing it only a week or two before it's release/Launch

As a Journalist and a blogger, I have had experiences where information/product details have been under embargo until the company or brand says it's okay to release the information/Pictures

VaughanH7 said:

I'm really excited about this and all but the whole 'few people get to see the pictures now and others dont!' attitude is getting to me, I mean what makes the people that get to see them so special? No offence of course Triumvirate, but I'm sure you understand right? it's just frustrating that we get people going 'I've seen them! they look like this...' if it's ok to describe them, and to show them to other absolutely normal people (again, no offence triumvirate if you have your reasons for being able to see them that's fair enough but there are absolutely average collectors just like the rest of us who've seen them for no reason at all) then why can't they just release the bloody images? they're dolls after all....not secret service information. The only other reason I can imagine is in case another toy company released the exact same thing before mattel got to trademark it or something. Ah well, they shouldn't be showing pictures if that's the reason anyway.

Yeeah again no offence just a little rant. Carry on discussing the new dolls.

RSS

© 2016   Created by Stu Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service