Monster High Dolls .com

News and Reviews of Monster High Dolls, Plush Toys, and More!

Very dissaptioned with these dolls, I dont like them so much...

Views: 12424

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Ballert dancers only wear the lace-up shoes when they get to a certain skill and age, pointe shoes.  As someone's who's done it it may look girly but it takes a lot of skill and athleticism.  I know how hard ballet is so I don't think of it as 'girly'.  I actually wish Lagoona's shoes were true toe slippers and not the Posh Spice-ish platform without a heel that we've seen on so many MH girls.  I like 'em but not for ballet.  Also, Lagoona mentions on the back of her box that she's taking ballet for balance and grace.  Most serious gymnasts and figure skaters are required to take it as it really helps with balance, grace and poise.  Even most of our NFL footballers take it for this reason and they are far from girly!

I think overall Howleen and Robecca are the best of the line; Howleen is a must-have for me.  But, I'm very interested in the Lagoona and the Operetta for redressing and photographing.  I like their simple hairdos that I can restyle.  It's nice to see both of these girls with manageable hair.

They are just dolls. They're children fashion dolls. If you're looking for more accurate dolls, then don't go for a doll line that is meant for children. Go for collector dolls.

I also was all "Buh" when I saw Lagoona's shoes had heels. They're also really chunky looking and not at all ballet. Would she not be in simple little pumps?

As for them being "just dolls" yeah sure, but then why did they bother making their outfits so boringly "athletic wearish" rather than going all out for the stereotype? A tutu for lagoona, a 50s swing dress for Operetta, bling and a giant boom box for Howleen (ahahahah)

It's the mishmash of realistic and "wth?" that makes the line look messy and thrown together.

I agree.

Triumvirate said:

It's a budget line. They can't do the all out stereotype at this price point. If they had done realistice dance class it would have been too boring. If they had done stereotypical recital/performance it would have been too expensive. What you see as messy and thrown together I see as a clever balance between budget price point, stereotypical features, MH over the top styling, and athletic wear. Those are not easy things to meld well and pull off. Clearly some people feel that they were perhaps in over their head here and did not pull it off - did not execute it well. But I think they did a great job personally. You can't please everyone. All you can do is your creative best within the limitations you are presented with.

I have to admit that the dolls look much better in the clear pictures.

It looks like a lot of people really don't like Lagoona because she is not accurate. However, I really like her.Yes, the hairstyle is a bit simple but I really like her colors, the shoes are great too.

I'm not bothered about how accurate she is, I just think she looks very nice and I'm sure lots of kids would think of her like this too.

I also like Robecca but Mattel went the wrong direction with the lip color and hairstyle, she doesn't look like Robecca anymore.

Most of you would agree with me that Operetta is just a big mess, I like her face but her outfit just screams beach to me and it doesn't scream dance class at all.

I also don't like Howleen, I think she's even worse then Operetta! Her outfit looks terrible and cheap and her hair is just plain ugly (my opinion)

Overall I think Mattel could've done better but the dolls look better in the clear pictures than I expected.

I definitely agree! Doing a stereotypical dance class outfit would be too boring. That's not Monster High. Monster High is edgy and over the top. Not boring. If you're looking for accurate dolls, Monster High is not the doll collection for you.

Triumvirate said:

It's a budget line. They can't do the all out stereotype at this price point. If they had done realistice dance class it would have been too boring. If they had done stereotypical recital/performance it would have been too expensive. What you see as messy and thrown together I see as a clever balance between budget price point, stereotypical features, MH over the top styling, and athletic wear. Those are not easy things to meld well and pull off. Clearly some people feel that they were perhaps in over their head here and did not pull it off - did not execute it well. But I think they did a great job personally. You can't please everyone. All you can do is your creative best within the limitations you are presented with.

opperata swing OMG need her 

I L-O-V-E love them!
Dey look ok, but me prolly wont get em. Me still have some ghouls rule and party dolls to get.

Love them!!!!!!

(I'm finally back! :D)

...Aaaand I don't like them. I've read all the comments on the previous pages, and all I can say is that, while the line is supposed to be a budget one (meaning, as Triumrivate said, that Mattel couldn't go all out), it is far too boring. Sure, Mattel couldn't go all out, and it wouldn't be realistic, but then again, MH isn't really known for its realistic-ness; look at School's Out, for example, especially Clawdeen's boots. Are these clothes that girls would wear back-to-school? Well, no, but still it works, because it's our beloved Monster High, where things don't make sense.. but still work!

With that kind of thinking, this whole line could be excused (Robecca's inexplicable top hat, for example), but still I don't like any of it. 

I also agree that Howleen's outfit looks like pyjamas. Maybe Mattel is finally giving us the DT Howleen we've been begging them for!

What's with that wonky art style? They shortened the bodies and made their feet bigger... Howleen looks the most normal.

RSS

© 2020   Created by Stu Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service