Monster High Dolls .com

News and Reviews of Monster High Dolls, Plush Toys, and More!

Very dissaptioned with these dolls, I dont like them so much...

Views: 12411

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

OMG! I just notiiced the tattoes on Operetta's arm! Looks like a copy of custom RM I saw on ebay the other day.They are soo copying the fans now!! No originality @ all.Lagoona's fins look different right? maybe a little blunted? and Robecca is doing the Angelina Jolie pout lol..seriously Mattel..I'm still only getting Howleen,only because she's still different than the others and I can change her outfit.I do believe she'll become a VHTF doll..as always.

Claire said:

hey lol, notice how all 4 dance dolls are characters with special bodies.

lagoona-fins and special arms

howleen-shorter body, special hands

operetta- scarred body and arm

robecca- robo body with cool spinny legs wheels

so you've never seen bling-bling on Hip-hop artists huh? ..or ball caps??  interesting,you can always watch videos and check..or stores..dunno..anywhere nowdays..no hard feelings :-)

NOT LISA said:

That has to be the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard.  Hip Hop has nothing to do with "bling" or baseball caps.  I don't want to start an argument here but please refrain from comments about Hip Hop especially if you don't know what you are talking about.

Dragona13x said:

lol..my daughter agrees with me about changing her outfit,those look like pj's and Howleen's supposed to be in a hip-hop class so..where's the bling-bling and ball cap??

Frankie Nadine said:

Howleen budget line *_____________*
That belt tho.. I do think the cherries should be on the side or.. they kinda look like.. balls.. :|
[forgive me for noticing that!]

Operetta's had tattoos since her basic doll... they're not copying fans.

Dragona13x said:

OMG! I just notiiced the tattoes on Operetta's arm! Looks like a copy of custom RM I saw on ebay the other day.They are soo copying the fans now!! No originality @ all.

These are dance CLASS dolls. After taking several dance styles- one of which being Hip Hop- for over 10 years I can tell you that no one wears "bling bling" and ball caps to the class. Heck, we don't even wear those things to competitions. Howleens outfit looks exactly what a lot of the girls wear, minus the headphone belt.

Dragona13x said:

so you've never seen bling-bling on Hip-hop artists huh? ..or ball caps??  interesting,you can always watch videos and check..or stores..dunno..anywhere nowdays..no hard feelings :-)

NOT LISA said:

That has to be the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard.  Hip Hop has nothing to do with "bling" or baseball caps.  I don't want to start an argument here but please refrain from comments about Hip Hop especially if you don't know what you are talking about.

Dragona13x said:

lol..my daughter agrees with me about changing her outfit,those look like pj's and Howleen's supposed to be in a hip-hop class so..where's the bling-bling and ball cap??

Frankie Nadine said:

That belt tho.. I do think the cherries should be on the side or.. they kinda look like.. balls.. :|

You are right ! They don't wear them in class.but outside yeah least from what I see the kids wearing here, this is NYC btw.Regardless of everyone's opinion which is always refreshing to hear .I don't want to take up space in the discussion/forum about 1 comment,I believe it's unfair to other members and I try to stay on the topic @ hand,which is the MH dolls.
Ninapedia said:

These are dance CLASS dolls. After taking several dance styles- one of which being Hip Hop- for over 10 years I can tell you that no one wears "bling bling" and ball caps to the class. Heck, we don't even wear those things to competitions. Howleens outfit looks exactly what a lot of the girls wear, minus the headphone belt.

Dragona13x said:

NOT LISA said:

Dragona13x said:

Frankie Nadine said:

I think everyone saying that the line is uninspired or bland needs to take a step back and remember these are Dance CLASS dolls, emphasis on the class. I took tap, jazz, ballet, lyrical, irish step, and hip hop classes for over ten years and all the dolls look like they belong in a dance class. I'm even positive I work an outfit that looked a lot like Howleen's.

You have your right to your opinion if you don't like them, I just think you need to take a step back out of your bubble and realize that these are actually pretty realistic renditions of what High School girls wear to dance class.

I wore an outfit pretty much exactly the same as what Howleen is wearing in my Baton/jazz dance classes at her age, too.

Ninapedia said:

I think everyone saying that the line is uninspired or bland needs to take a step back and remember these are Dance CLASS dolls, emphasis on the class. I took tap, jazz, ballet, lyrical, irish step, and hip hop classes for over ten years and all the dolls look like they belong in a dance class. I'm even positive I work an outfit that looked a lot like Howleen's.

You have your right to your opinion if you don't like them, I just think you need to take a step back out of your bubble and realize that these are actually pretty realistic renditions of what High School girls wear to dance class.

While I don't know who lives in a bubble nowadays,especially the way the economy is .In my daughter's school the outfits they wear to musicals and shows are somewhat like Howleen's ,yes they need to be comfy and again accesories are allowed (like the shiny jewelry and caps) but it's part of the theme and I said some wear them outside too..I don't see a need to go on about it in the forum, again no hard feelings to anyone with a different opinion or not.This is not politics or any life-changing subject that would impact our life..just a doll line discussion.I will buy Howleen only when she comes out.I must say I spent too much time on this post as it is :-).That being said feel free to put 2 more cents on it if you need to.Freedom of speech is always the way to go. Good luck to everyone finding the dolls when they come out!

What I was saying wasn't directed specifically at but all critics of this particular line who were expecting something flashy. Not only is this a budget line in the same vain of Skull shores, Gloom Beach, Roller Maze, and Dead Tired, but these dolls are fairly realistic to what most people wear to a Dance Class. I'll even go so far as to say as Lagoona's shoes are probably TOO detailed, none of the girls wore lace ups like that in ballet.

And they do have accessories I probably wouldn't see in a Dance Class- Howleen's head phone belt and Robecca's tiny hat. What people wear outside on the street of their class isn't what they're wearing when they're dancing, which is what this line is.

It's okay for you, or anyone else, not to like/buy the dolls. I don't buy a lot of dolls because I'm not particularly fond of them, I'm just saying the the critiques that they're too bland or boring are not well thought out.

Dragona13x said:

While I don't know who lives in a bubble nowadays,especially the way the economy is .In my daughter's school the outfits they wear to musicals and shows are somewhat like Howleen's ,yes they need to be comfy and again accesories are allowed (like the shiny jewelry and caps) but it's part of the theme and I said some wear them outside too..I don't see a need to go on about it in the forum, again no hard feelings to anyone with a different opinion or not.This is not politics or any life-changing subject that would impact our life..just a doll line discussion.I will buy Howleen only when she comes out.I must say I spent too much time on this post as it is :-).That being said feel free to put 2 more cents on it if you need to.Freedom of speech is always the way to go. Good luck to everyone finding the dolls when they come out!

I agree with this being a budget line and am very glad that Mattel is reaching out to those who can't buy every $24 or $30 dlr doll that comes out and there's so many coming out lately right? I think a lot of us did hope for a little more flashy stuff.I especially thought the fabric colors and maybe the patterns could have been a little different.But yeah,they can only do so much with a budget line.I think the prices are probably going to be in the $15 area someone said before. I also want to say my comment about bling -bling and cap had "lol" on it and wasn't meant as  serious as others might have taken it,which is ok.Everyone is entitled to opinions.I hope Meh in B&W~Don't PC me understands it wasn't my intention for other people to take that comment out of proportions and make a whole new different subject out of the discussion.There's always another category for that.So we agree to disagree.There's more comments to comment upon right? ;-)

I think the out of place details are my biggest gripe tbh... they just.. throw the balance off. On one hand, they're trying to go for a realistic what a girl would wear in dance class thing, which is fair enough.. a bit boring because let's face it, comfortable athletic wear isn't exactly interesting to look at, but eh. But then they complicate it by adding in random accessories that nobody would wear if they were "just practicing". The top hat you'd wear for a recital, the belt you'd wear out on the street bustin' some sweet moves (ahahahah, couldn't help myself ok?), the ballet shoes are too formal for her practice outfit, would she not be in a simple pair of pumps?

And as a result the entire thing looks messy and poorly put together. Like they just threw accessories in there so it would liven things up. I don't feel like it's worked.

As I said, Robecca's is the only outfit that seems recital appropriate. When I think "tap" I think of something much like that. Tophat and all.

Unfortunately when you think "ballet" or "Swing" or whatever, the image conjured up is NOT a girl in athletic gear or a sparkly leotard. Ballet it's a tutu and those lace up shoes, hair tied up or in a bun, all that kinda deal. For swing, I don't think of those kind of outfits you see young girls wearing for "modern jazz" recitals with the leotard and poofy skirt thing, I think 50s style dresses and dance heels. Operetta's headscarf is so out of place with her outfit, the colour doesn't match, the style doesn't match. It looks jammed on in there and it really bothers me. Maybe if it was black, or red like the rest of her outfit... But her outfit is on the whole so damn boring for me that I don't think anything can save it. it's more "Modern generic dance class" than it is "Rockabilly swing" you know? I don't CARE that some people might wear this, it's not the image brought to mind when you hear the term "Swing" in relation to dance.

I think that's the reason for the disappointment. We kinda expected outfits that would be more in keeping with the general populace's preconceptions, more stereotypical if you like, more... recitalish. Nothing fancy, nobody expected this line to be anything BUT budget (Although wouldn't mini playsets have been awesome?) but what we're seeing isn't what people anticipated.

Howleen's outfit seems ok to me, but i'm inclined to alter her leotard so it's more a short tee kinda thing, give her a more casual street kinda look.

Robecca's outfit looks fine as is, i'm just not totally sold on her pale lippy heh.

Lagoona is full of problems which i've already gone into and Operetta is just such a huge miss for me that it actually kinda angers me. can Mattel once, JUST ONCE give Operetta something that's actually Rockabilly in style? Dice doesn't = rockabilly damnit, you need 50's styling and every release since basic they have failed to bring that into play. DDG is the biggest offender of this. Her skirt is too short, too poofy and looks like a tutu. It could have been a wonderful outfit, if only someone had paid a little more attention to the skirt part. As it is, it's just yet another poofy dress which doesn't fit the Rockabilly style. It's kinda depressing that Ghoulia gets to rock more vintage style outfits than Operetta does. Poor Operetta, will she ever get the poodle skirt she so desperately needs? hahahaha.

In these clearer pics the dolls definitely look a lot better. I still think the line in general seems a bit cheap/bland, at least as far as the clothes are concerned. I get that they're meant to represent a dance class, but I think Mattel could've been a little more creative with these nonetheless. For the most part I like the actual dolls.

Howleen - I love her hair! It looks nice and thick and the color works for her. In the previous pics I missed that her outfit is basically a unitard. I kinda like it now.

Operetta - Her face is gorgeous. And I'm glad we're getting an Operetta whose hair isn't in a ponytail. I know her basic didn't have a ponytail either, but that hair was a rat's nest. This hair looks much more manageable. The outfit is pretty ho-hum. I like her purse but wish it was more than just one color.

Robecca - Her lips are weirding me out. I like the color but the shape is... odd. Her eyes are great, though. I like her outfit; I wonder if the skirt is actually a wrap. It looks like it might be. Her shoes are awesome. In the previous pic her streaks looked purple to me, glad they're still blue!

Lagoona - Her face is really pretty. I love the bright lipcolor. Her hairstyle is pretty boring, but the texture looks a bit better than usual for Lagoona. It looks just a bit silkier and thicker than usual, like it won't be as prone to frizz. I'm torn on her outfit - I like the prints on the skirt and bodice, and the slippers with tentacles, but somehow the pieces don't make a satisfying whole.

RSS

© 2019   Created by Stu Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service