Monster High Dolls .com

News and Reviews of Monster High Dolls, Plush Toys, and More!

Very dissaptioned with these dolls, I dont like them so much...

Views: 12392

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I am not feeling their outfits. I am getting tired of the basic dolls, but you know that's what sells best. I agree that they should release more fashion packs. I guess a lot of collectors are older sets who don't play as much?

Maybe when I see them in person I'll like them more.

Hmm... I like Howleen the best, and Lagoona's okay, but I can't say I care much for the other two. Don't know if I'll be buying these or not... I have a bit an OCD tendancy to only buy a doll of a certain line if I plan on buying the ENTIRE line. XD

are they out yet???

Great idea..all the outfits need redoing...to think that people are getting paid to do them and the ending result is just blah.. I think we can all do bettter if we tried..lol...as a matter of fact who ever gets 1 of these doll should remake the outfit and post a pic here!!! yay!! I'm a genius,thanks PewDie
PewDie :D ((MHR)) said:

As a dancer myself, I think Lagoona should be wearing something more like an actual tutu, but of course it IS Monster High... I am thoroughly dissappointed. When I get Lagoona, I am so redoing her outfit and more... Bodice n stuff... XD

did any1 see Lagoona's fins? or they are just not there?

Lagoona Blue Is Pretty

The problem to me is the overabundance of black.

Why...?

Maybe  Mattel is trying to give MH it's more gothic feel again. It may be just me, but I found myself looking at my Wave 1 dolls and the newer ones coming out and felt they were lacking in the darker department. I know it's a line for kids, but a lot of the outfits got super colorful lately with very little black.

Draculad said:

Why...?

I love Howleen, can't wait to see more details!

I really am impressed with the rest, I hope I'm still impressed when there are better quality pictures.

They better come with stands though, or that might just be a deal breaker for me :/

... I'm disappointed. Am I the only one who think they look too cheap? And the box color are awful!

Maybe it's the quality of the pics, but I'm not exited about it. They look like customs. And they forgot it is impossible to dance with so much hair in you face! 

I'm glad Monster High is being very succesful, but they are really starting to go downhill to me... No stands, bad quality...

I know what you're saying, but I don't feel that these look sophisticated or that the black somehow ties them all together as a set. I honestly think that the outfits' designs are pretty boring and bland so they need something else to make them stand out, but we got what we got so there's no use for me to complain xD It just feels like a bunch of jumbled ideas with no clear concept. At least the other thin boxed lines had something tying them together (neon green for RM, simple fashionable outfits and short dresses for Scaris) but here they look so fanmade and messy...

I DO think Operetta looks nice, but would work better as a beach doll. I like her skirt and her monochromatic scheme alot so she'll probably be the only one I buy from this line. Lagoona's shoes are pretty cool, her dress is the problem to me. I agree with the whole 80s idea for her.

I also think School's Out balanced colors perfectly (and its my favorite line <3) when using blacks like on Lagoona, Spectra and Cleo.

Triumvirate said:

I'm thinking it's not necessarily more black than usual, it's just that they used some deeper and richer colors on these rather than the recent neons and such, so it creates a more somber (and I think sophisticated) look overall. I mean look at School's Out Lagoona, for example. She has a lot of black going on there with her mesh body suit, but the rest of her colors are so bright or pale it keeps the black from being too heavy. Roller Maze Frankie and Lagoona as well. Lots of black but the neons overcome it.

I really expected Lagoona to be either pale pink or turquoise with a bun in her hair, and frankly I'm so glad they didn't go that route with her. That would have been so predictable and boring to me. Lagoona is one of my favorite characters, but I don't always love the color choices they use for her. I've been dying for a darker and edgier Lagoona and this version of her is definitely a step in the right direction I feel. I love her hair and those crazy ballet shoes especially.

KraftyKitsune said:

Maybe  Mattel is trying to give MH it's more gothic feel again. It may be just me, but I found myself looking at my Wave 1 dolls and the newer ones coming out and felt they were lacking in the darker department. I know it's a line for kids, but a lot of the outfits got super colorful lately with very little black.

Draculad said:

Why...?

I'll most definitely be getting Operetta since I've taken to collecting her character. And since I collect Clawdeen as well, I'll most likely get Howleen too...might as well collect all the Wolf siblings. :D

RSS

© 2019   Created by Stu Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service