Monster High Dolls .com

News and Reviews of Monster High Dolls, Plush Toys, and More!

Negative Nancy thread - Rants, moans, complaints and general snark

yep, this isn't a place for sunshine and rainbows, this is a place for gripes. Petty and trivial or major, feel free to vent about MH related stuff that's bugging the heck outta ya.

Sometimes we all just need to vent some steam.

So here's a good place to scream and shout and throw things and not be judged for it.

Only rules are to try to follow the standard rules, so no profanity and no attacking other users okay?

other than that, feel free to yell about Mattel being jerks and plastic moulded on tat and gimmick overload and pink puke and all that fun stuff.

Views: 6936

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

LOL

Definitely not! But I have never seen one like this...yet!

I mean one looking up and down at the same time! LOL

Oh! So many shops are closing down everywhere, It is really happening worldwide. It is quite worrying and depressing.

Hello,

Oh, I know. Kmart is basically closing down completely, but I really wish that if that were the reason that people's orders couldn't through, the website would make a note about it, or something.

<Disappears into a shadow>

Goodbye,

The Whispering Wolf / Wolfie

I'll carry on my rant about Project MC2 dolls! LOL

So I discovered one manufacturing defect on my McKeyla doll... Her hat was still attached so it is not a "second hand flaw"! She had a rooting problem in one place. I fixed it but she has lost a few hair in the process.

I really like these dolls so I bought 2 more second hand. I know, I complain and I buy more, it is absurd. This is MGA strength. They have great ideas for some of their products so you are drawn to them. Unfortunately the quality is not there.

The 2 new ones are fine. Devon has long sleeves and pants, so I did not have to see the disgusting plastic. She has the same weak joints that they all seem to have. The other one is not articulated. She looks great and simple. The plastic looks good on dolls without articulations. Loose hips articulations but except that fine.

Another thing I have noticed, the seams of the clothes are crap. I don't think the clothes will survive play very well.

It seems to me that MGA put more effort in the quality of the box than the product itself!

It is a shame. These dolls are really so cute.

I have seen a lot of Reboot Bratz in car boot sales with bad bodies defects. It was not because of play. The bodies were not straight at all and it was impossible to move them. I also saw a lot of paint smudges especially on the lips. By contrast, the older Bratz from 2000 are in great condition even if they have been played with a lot. I have never seen any Project MC2 dolls in a car boot sale. I wonder if they survived being played with. I have seen heavily played with MH and they survived. If only Mattel did not have the brilliant idea to secure the hair with their evil glue... 

It is not only MGA who is lowering the quality of their products. Everything is like this. So disappointing. At least we can find older Bratz and other older dolls second hand.

that's wierd, all the 2015 reboot bratz i've had have been pretty good. Must have got super lucky.

Older Bratz were a LOT better though for sure. MGA used to produce excellent quality products, it's a shame they've taken a dive like Mattel in recent years and given up making things worth the money.

And yeah, at least we still have older products. It's the only consolation with how shit the toy market is these days. I'm fortunate that I got into dolls right at the very peak before the fall, 2009-2010 when we had SO MUCH on the market and it was so exciting as a collector. Now it's kinda... just nothing there. What is there is overpriced and shit.

It's sad.

MC2 are pretty, I wonder how hard it'd be to give them a non shit body... hmm... probably a bit difficult with the rock hard heads. The cheapo unarticulated ones actually have better plastic, I mean it's still shit but it's not quite as flimsy feeling. Go figure.

I love the Project Mc2 dolls with all my heart, but those bodies are incredible flimsy.

Can they withstand the hands of a careful collector? Yes. But can they withstand proper play? I seriously doubt it. I love these dolls but I do have to take care of them in a very different way to, for example, the DC Girls or Bratz, because the Mc2 bodies are very delicate compared to something like my Harley Quinn, whose body is made for play. 

My 2015 Bratz only have a couple of issues. Some of them have arms that stick out too much, staining from clothes, too much hair gel (only in certain lines) and the shoes from the fashion packs don't work properly. But the bodies are by-and-large very suitable for play. 

yeah my 2015 ones all have the same issues as yours. when you say about the shoes do you mean you find them hard to get them onto the legs? i put mine in a cup of boiling water when im struggling and they pop right on.

yeah those bodies and joints are weird I never liked them but would always want to put the static ones heads on one lol, I was always worried for the bodies and how flimsy they are.

My reboot Bratz are fine too. They are all second hand. I have only one with a defective body. I bought her for her outfit but she HAS to sit. Her hips joints are really not straight and nothing can be done otherwise she would break. I did not have the heart to get rid of her. Her hair is great and she is so cute. I have seen a few like this in car boot sales. I have also a Yasmin with smudge lips paint but she has great hair and she was only 20 pence!

I have bought another Project MC2 doll!!!! LOL I don't have her yet. I know, I know but she is second hand, it is not too bad. I try To find excuses... I know the crap body will drive me nuts but I like these dolls. The dolls market is so depressing at the moment.

This is a positive/negative rant... Subject: still Project MC2!

Yes, when I start to become obsessed, there is no hope.

So I was browsing Schpock out of boredom and I saw Bryden looking in perfect condition for £5. I immediately bought her and I collected her today. She has quality control issues in the form of scratches on her face (minor, but). The Adrienne I bought from TK Maxx has a scratch at the same place (?). I noticed it home looking very closely because she has also marks on her face that I think might go. She is still in box because I was hoping to find a better one (it did not happen).

Anyway, to come back to Bryden... I am ok with the imperfections because she was only £5. She is new really and I can see it is another of MGA's manufacturing flaws.

She is so pretty, I love her to bits! She is the one that reminds me the most of the Moxie Teenz. She has those fantastic eyes, so beautiful! I am so pleased I found her. The people I bought her from also had Purple haired McKeyla but they sold her unfortunately. She was not complete and was only wearing the purple dress. She had been obviously played with but I would have bought her like that. And guess what, they still had her hat and her adorable coat! So I have the beginning of purple haired McKeyla! LOL They also had Camryn played with but missing one bottom leg! Oh no! They will contact me if they find it. She is so pretty too.

So the Project MC2 curse has started... I know it will never become as strong and incurable as the Moxie Teenz curse but it is still a curse! And I am still looking for the Purple haired McKeyla! ;-)

I love Bryden.

I once saw wave 1 Bryden on clearance is entertainer for cheap I was thinking about getting her to rebody my budget Bryden since I already have wave 1 Bryden. 

I would like the blonde one that came out this year US only, with the eye jacket, out of all of them her style stands out the most, she's unique. 

sorry I'm being positive too lol, I didn't buy the wave 1 Bryden again cause of all the stuff she comes with I'd be left with double of the crappy experiments I can live without.

RSS

© 2019   Created by Stu Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service