Monster High Dolls .com

News and Reviews of Monster High Dolls, Plush Toys, and More!

Negative Nancy thread - Rants, moans, complaints and general snark

yep, this isn't a place for sunshine and rainbows, this is a place for gripes. Petty and trivial or major, feel free to vent about MH related stuff that's bugging the heck outta ya.

Sometimes we all just need to vent some steam.

So here's a good place to scream and shout and throw things and not be judged for it.

Only rules are to try to follow the standard rules, so no profanity and no attacking other users okay?

other than that, feel free to yell about Mattel being jerks and plastic moulded on tat and gimmick overload and pink puke and all that fun stuff.

Views: 7139

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I went to 2 Walmarts yesterday.... they practically have nothing left from MH. It was kind of shocking and scary. You know, like the past 7 years never existed. Really weird & unpleasant feeling to experience.

our MH sections in stores have been shrinking and shrinking for a couple of years now. We're on reset and we aren't even getting about 60% of the lines, and a great number are only available through online stores and not in physical stores at all.

reboot stuff is already being clearanced too.

It's not boding well.

It's very sad.  I haven't been to Target since Christmas, supposed to go this weekend, I'm kind of scared to see it.  

But you know it really doesn't bode well with new releases being on clearance for $4 and still not going anywhere, either.  I mean, I had wanted to scale back, but not because I'm forced to!

I think the reboot did nothing but hurt Monster High. It is sad seeing the pathetic little selection in stores now. :(

I went to target yesterday, they had all the DC Superhero Girls, Ever After High, Monster High and Descendants dolls squeezed into half the aisle! O.o

Purple... it seems your instinct was spot on... the outfit is just one piece, all sewn together...

its so cheap of them to do that.

And if Clawdeen could have her fur jacket, vest and pants separate, why couldn't Lagoona have the same with the Hoodie, top and shorts?

exactly, why do some of the dolls in this one line have multi piece outfits and others have crappy one piece cheapness? It makes no sense.

I had hoped at least the hoodie would be removable but clearly Mattel don't think Kids want to actually DRESS their dolls any more.

facepalm.png

That's all.

Figures. But I guess it doesn't matter since it seems like these dolls will never be available in the US. Stupid Mattel.

Always be careful when ordering online, be it on Amazon, Ebay or others, and make sure you have a tracking number for your parcel/package. Here's what happened to someone one on a Facebook doll group.

" A box that had been shipped to me was stolen in the Brazilian mail. Besides a Groovy Galore Poppy Parker, Cinematic Adaline King and two CI Japan replacement bodies, it contained three Jem dolls. A Techrat, Award Night Jem and a Broadway Magic Jem signed by Britta Phillips, Christy Marx, Anne Bryant, Patricia Albrecht and Ari Gold. This is the one that hurt the most. Because I was really looking forward to it and I am sure I would cherish it for t...he rest of my life.

So I went to the police, filed a report and will sue the Post Office.

What I wanted to ask you is to please keep an eye on eBay and other places where people sell these things and if you see any listings from South America that might look suspicious to please get the link and contact me.
The P.O. Won't investigate this. I'm sure it was stolen from someone who works there. They knew what they were taking.

It's really heartbreaking because I have to deal with high exchange rates, abusive importation taxes and the state company that was supposed to protect my interests will allow something like this to happen. It makes me hate my country a little."

That poor guy.... I'd be so pissed!

Hope they manage to sue, that's just ridiculous. I've heard of it before, often with temp staff. Some bjds have gone missing in the post before now, and years later popped up on ebay. Very weird.

But who's responsibility is it? The sender? the post office? Many companies take responsibility for post that goes missing in transit, you're kinda supposed to and then pursue the post office yourself for the refund and insurance.

RSS

© 2020   Created by Stu Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service