Monster High Dolls .com

News and Reviews of Monster High Dolls, Plush Toys, and More!

I was searching For pullips when I found this:

 OMG COMING ON JANUARY 12TH! GET READY U GUYS!

Views: 6166

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

They didnt ban specific people from preordering. They stopped doing preorders because of what happened they didnt want the same to happen in the future. I dont see how thats rude, in fact I think its the exact opposite, they're protecting their customers from MATTEL messing up again. As I understand it there was a rude employee but that employee was fired once it was discovered who they were. If the price of the dolls is too high for your liking I can understand that, I also agree that their prices are higher than I'd like to pay. I dont know why they wouldnt do refunds, if I had been a customer during this situation I too would probably be pretty upset about that. What I really dont understand is the need to continue bashing them.

Actually, I WAS banned from preordering.


This was BEFORE they decided to stop offering preorders.  I explained that I found the dolls and they had pushed back the date they were sending the dolls, so I asked that I get a refund on my deposit, even though they state they do not refund deposits on preorders.  It was an unusual situation that was not my fault.  I was very polite and respectful.  They cancelled my order, refunded my deposit, and asked me never to preorder with them again.  I did receive a message from them asking me not to preorder from them anymore. 


TouchyRogue said:

They didnt ban specific people from preordering. They stopped doing preorders because of what happened they didnt want the same to happen in the future. I dont see how thats rude, in fact I think its the exact opposite, they're protecting their customers from MATTEL messing up again. As I understand it there was a rude employee but that employee was fired once it was discovered who they were. If the price of the dolls is too high for your liking I can understand that, I also agree that their prices are higher than I'd like to pay. I dont know why they wouldnt do refunds, if I had been a customer during this situation I too would probably be pretty upset about that. What I really dont understand is the need to continue bashing them.

  I've always had great service from AD. The people who work there are so friendly (I have met them all in person).

   I, personally, think they only specifically banned people who weren't following the rules of the site (such as people with multiple accounts who were ordering several of one doll per household). They were trying to PROTECT collectors by stopping the pre-orders and are not used to dealing with folks who have to be the first to have the doll...They are mostly used to dealing with hardcore BJD collectors who don't care if they get a doll before everyone else, rather, just prefer to be assured that they have a doll reserved for them. If you look at their site, you will realize they are an upscale doll dealer .....

 

That said....If everyone else isn't ordering there, then MORE FOR ME......and I REALLY want to have 3 Operettas. I CAN'T WAIT FOR HER TO COME OUT!!!!

^_^ so excited im gonna grab operetta before nefra for sure :P

I was not trying to order more than one per household.  :-\

There'll always be fanboys, shorty. Don't worry. I don't like AD, but some people worship them.

lilshorty said:

I was not trying to order more than one per household.  :-\

Oh I see, they just asked you not to pre-order again. I'm sensing you are a person who likes to have her dolls earlier than others. Am I correct? And they didn't ban you from the site, right? I'm pretty sure they banned a number of people from the site who were abusing the rules. I know that with this board, sometimes a hysteria arises and when TRU got their dolls first, AD received a large number of cancellations from people who frequent this board (they probably can tell by the link somehow???...idk). Many people were VERY rude to them, and it's possible you were caught in the middle somewhere. I can't say for sure since only God knows the Truth. I happened to call that day to update some info with them and got an unemotional response (which was very odd), they called me back once they realized who I was.....but I know they were pretty shaken by many of the people who called that day. 
 
lilshorty said:

I was not trying to order more than one per household.  :-\

Thanks.  I guess people are just making assumptions based on how much they like the store/employees.  Don't get me wrong, I didn't have a problem with them at first.  I had preordered a SS Abbey and Lagoona from them.  When I got my order, one was actually an Abbey in  Lagoona box.  They were out of Lagoona, but had another order coming in a couple weeks later.  I wrote to them and they were nice about it, and put in an order for Lagoona for me, so I wouldn't miss out on her when they got it back in.  I was very surprised about the reaction I received when they had been so nice before, and I made sure that I was very polite in my e-mail and made it clear I understood that it wasn't their fault, but it wasn't mine, either.

 

Jill, I am glad that you have such a good relationship with them.  It's not that I need to have dolls earlier than others.  I live in NM and apparently our dolls come by stagecoach, so it takes forever to get them here.  I am just afraid of having to search MONTHS to find the dolls I want, beating back scalpers.  At first, I was ok with them delaying the release.  One morning, about a week or 2 after TRU had started selling them, I went to TRU, and they didn't have anything, but another mom told me to check the other TRU and gave me their number.  I called them, and they had the dolls in stock.  I checked them out, and they had all 3 of the S1600 dolls I was looking for, each one $10 cheaper than AD was selling them for, AND I didn't have to pay shipping.  That was almost $40 and I'd have them before AD could send them to me.  Could I really pass it up?

Jess Gorgon said:

There'll always be fanboys, shorty. Don't worry. I don't like AD, but some people worship them.

lilshorty said:

I was not trying to order more than one per household.  :-\

Of course not. AD overprices their stuff like crazy and adds shipping atop of it. If I would have seen what I wanted cheaper and THERE IN HAND, I would have gotten it too and canceled my order. I don't blame you.

lilshorty said:

Thanks.  I guess people are just making assumptions based on how much they like the store/employees.  Don't get me wrong, I didn't have a problem with them at first.  I had preordered a SS Abbey and Lagoona from them.  When I got my order, one was actually an Abbey in  Lagoona box.  They were out of Lagoona, but had another order coming in a couple weeks later.  I wrote to them and they were nice about it, and put in an order for Lagoona for me, so I wouldn't miss out on her when they got it back in.  I was very surprised about the reaction I received when they had been so nice before, and I made sure that I was very polite in my e-mail and made it clear I understood that it wasn't their fault, but it wasn't mine, either.

 

Jill, I am glad that you have such a good relationship with them.  It's not that I need to have dolls earlier than others.  I live in NM and apparently our dolls come by stagecoach, so it takes forever to get them here.  I am just afraid of having to search MONTHS to find the dolls I want, beating back scalpers.  At first, I was ok with them delaying the release.  One morning, about a week or 2 after TRU had started selling them, I went to TRU, and they didn't have anything, but another mom told me to check the other TRU and gave me their number.  I called them, and they had the dolls in stock.  I checked them out, and they had all 3 of the S1600 dolls I was looking for, each one $10 cheaper than AD was selling them for, AND I didn't have to pay shipping.  That was almost $40 and I'd have them before AD could send them to me.  Could I really pass it up?

Jess Gorgon said:

There'll always be fanboys, shorty. Don't worry. I don't like AD, but some people worship them.

lilshorty said:

I was not trying to order more than one per household.  :-\

I'm not a fanboy Jess, I've never ordered from them and I dont know any of them personally nor have I ever conversed with them on this site. And because of their prices and the ease I tend to find the dolls elsewhere for cheaper, I probably never will. I apologize lilshorty, I didnt know that they had actually banned specific people from preordering with them again. But from a business stand point, I wouldnt want people preordering from me again either if they cancel everytime they find something cheaper and sooner. I think it is understandable to not want people to preorder from you just to cancel once you've put in your orders to mattel because you found the dolls elsewhere cheaper. I dont know what their policy was before on preorders, if they had a no cancellation policy and they allowed people to cancel anyway or what, please let me know, Im curious.

I didn't mean you personally, but there are people who would defend them to the death. I'm sorry it came across that way.

TouchyRogue said:

I'm not a fanboy Jess, I've never ordered from them and I dont know any of them personally nor have I ever conversed with them on this site. And because of their prices and the ease I tend to find the dolls elsewhere for cheaper, I probably never will. I apologize lilshorty, I didnt know that they had actually banned specific people from preordering with them again. But from a business stand point, I wouldnt want people preordering from me again either if they cancel everytime they find something cheaper and sooner. I think it is understandable to not want people to preorder from you just to cancel once you've put in your orders to mattel because you found the dolls elsewhere cheaper. I dont know what their policy was before on preorders, if they had a no cancellation policy and they allowed people to cancel anyway or what, please let me know, Im curious.

right in time for my birthday!!!! yay!! i hope i get them!!!

RSS

© 2020   Created by Stu Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service