Monster High Dolls .com

News and Reviews of Monster High Dolls, Plush Toys, and More!

When are we gonna get a Monster High School Play Set??? I was hoping Mattel would release one for this Christmas season.... I have been working on one myself all year, it's coming along great and I will post some pictures soon!

Cheers, Jeremy Austen

Views: 2023

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I love the idea of "Sets" that can be connected together to create one big set! I am using the HSM play set as it works perfectly... I have made many improvements and am exited to get it finished! One thing I am really trying hard to do with my set is use ONLY Mattel pieces... that way it feels "official" so far so good as I have swapped out the lockers (that took me forever to make) for the Mattel Class Room ones and am now looking for a Barbie TV Chef play set to make the Science Lab for Ghoulia 

Will keep you posted!

Cheers, Jeremy Austen

Triumvirate: Wun, Tou, & Thrii said:

The last pictures I saw of your school set were so good, somehow I wonder if yours will turn out better than something official would. Looking forward to seeing what you've done in the months since I saw the last set of photos.

If Monster High continues to be the success it has been so far, eventually they will just have to do a school set. How could they not? But I'm sure it won't be cheap. Our Barbie Dream House that we bought back in 2006 was around $100. So, a full three story school set would have to cost at least that much and be fairly large. The only other option would be to do a series of unconnected set pieces, such as a hallway, a classroom, and a cafeteria, and than people can just buy the ones they really want/can afford.

I would love that so much! I can just imagine the playset (yours, and official) would look amazing. That's when we may see teachers dolls, if it ever happened, which I hope it does!

These are pics taken this Summer when I first started on my Monster High play set... It looks very different now and I will post better new pics soon! Comments and suggestions welcome!

that looks amazing!!!!!!! :D

Jeremy Austen said:

Yeah, I want connected pieces so I dont have to pay so much at once. :) Your school looks great!

*jawdrop* That looks amazing, Jeremy, if not practically official! I know it's a custom made school set, but it looks great! When you show the finished product, you'll have to put "custom made" in the description. XD

Jeremy Austen said:

These are pics taken this Summer when I first started on my Monster High play set... It looks very different now and I will post better new pics soon! Comments and suggestions welcome!

Ive considered making one, but if I did, yours would make me feel bad. XD

Jeremy Austen said:

I don't even........ O_O

How do you even begin to make something like this? Do you have a background or training in model craftmanship or otherwise? What kind of materials are used here? How big is it?

I am truly amazed and I look forward to more pictures!

Jeremy Austen said:

these pics could be the next "OMG DRACULOGAN IS REAL! HE HAS A BOX!" yeah that hype. it looks really good and mattel should look at this. sad part is,.. if mattel does make a playset school. it will most likely no look this good. very nice work. =^.^=

Thanks for all the nice comments, I hope to finally have it finished in a couple weeks....it has been a labor of love, but looking forward to finishing it soon.

LKC said:

these pics could be the next "OMG DRACULOGAN IS REAL! HE HAS A BOX!" yeah that hype. it looks really good and mattel should look at this. sad part is,.. if mattel does make a playset school. it will most likely no look this good. very nice work. =^.^=

wonderful! can I ask what type of spray paint/paint your are using? thanks

awesome job!

RSS

© 2019   Created by Stu Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service