Monster High Dolls .com

News and Reviews of Monster High Dolls, Plush Toys, and More!

A bona fide pop culture phenomenon and a massive global franchise in over 60 countries Monster High is ranked as the third biggest fashion doll brand a $1 billion franchise annually and a top 5 global property for girls! Monster High empowers girls to express their individuality and form friendships that last beyond a lifetime.

Now entering its 6th year in the market, in 2016 the brand will embark on an exciting new chapter to maintain its relevance to the ever changing consumer. As an exciting disruptive everygreen brand Monster High will continue to represent via the monster metaphor what it means to be different, unique and empowering girls to be themselves as Mattel leads the way in creating, maintaining and driving strong girl empowerment brands.

The key elements that make the brand disruptive will remain but now infused with more play in the product whilst adding renewed focus on the core characters and stories as well as marketing what the brand stands for. The brand will have a fresh new look with new contemporary colours and graphics whilst still incorporating the iconic signatures that make the brand unique and relatable to the core audience of 6-10 year olds. The fresh new feel will also incorporate new photo real brand imagery creating the emotional connection with the core audience whilst maintaining the brands humour and relatability and sense of community. The brand will also launch an exciting new multiyear brand campaign and new consumer rallying cry “How Do You Boo” encouraging consumers to embrace what makes them unique and share how they Boo. Working with celebrities and brands spokespeople the campaign will communicate what it means to boo, to be yourself and start a movement encourage girls to do the same. This will also be brought to life through an empowering new Monster High Anthem launched through a music video that will be amplified through social media and PR. This will be supported with an extensive marketing campaign across multiply touch points and will be localised in key countries across the EuRoMEA region.

Entertainment will still be a key focus with the successful tentpoles as Monster High is ranked #2 children’s direct to video franchise. In Spring, join favourite ghoulfriends of Monster High in an all-new aquatic adventure, Great Scarrier Reef (70 minutes). In Fall fans will be treated to the untold origins story of Monster High and the Monsters that live among us (70 minutes).

Views: 91333

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

well the UK TRU have been doing badly for quite some time so it's not really surprising they went under, a lot of stuff didn't sell they never clearance items enough or make them cheap enough and it took them ages to get new stuff in while other stores already did. 

I got it wrong before I meant Iceland not Sweden oops, though I have no idea about Sweden so their store could be open still, but it's Iceland that I saw.

TRU has been out of business in America for awhile now, they announced it in January.

I believe Smyths is acquiring some of the European Toys R Us stores 

well maybe that'd mean a Smyths this side of bloody london then. Seriously, there's an absolute black hole here. Nearest Smyths is a TWO HOUR commute away! I mean wth?

Two hours? Yikes.

As much as I have nostalgia about Toys R Us, honestly Smyths has ran circles around them the past few years. Now that TRU is finished over here, Smyths will definitely capitalize on the gap left over. It wouldn't surprise me if they got some of the old TRU units and downsized them. 

They've bought out the TRU branches in Germany, Austria and Switzerland and will be rebranding them. Smart move.

I will, for one, be DELIGHTED if we end up with a smyths nearby. I've been to a smyths once, ever, the one out in greenwich village and omg... it was like stepping into try back in the late 80s/early 90s with those massively high shelves and just stuff everywhere. It was crazy nostelgic, I squealed and the staff stared at me lol.

It was exciting.

There used to be one like.. 45 minutes away? but it closed down several years ago. Still, maybe the croyden unit? it's in a retail park so it's a fairly good place but it is HUGE, not sure they really want giant units like that, smyths seem more the "small footprint and pack it high" approach.

Retailers overall are wanting smaller units now. My local Smyths used to be 1/4 of an old Woolworths. 

I miss KB TOYS anyone remember them??? I also Miss Kohls having MH dolls, like the exclusive FABULOUS Clawdeen Kohls exclusive!

I have fond memories of seeing the first Jurassic Park toys there back in summer 1993 as well as them always having great discounts on collector Barbie dolls. Those were the days!

oh yeeesh, Id rather it be Kaybee that opens them for Christmas.

A Smyths closer would be great, would be awesome if they replaced where my TRU used to be, it's not exactly tall but they could work something out.

RSS

© 2018   Created by Stu Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service