Monster High Dolls .com

News and Reviews of Monster High Dolls, Plush Toys, and More!

A bona fide pop culture phenomenon and a massive global franchise in over 60 countries Monster High is ranked as the third biggest fashion doll brand a $1 billion franchise annually and a top 5 global property for girls! Monster High empowers girls to express their individuality and form friendships that last beyond a lifetime.

Now entering its 6th year in the market, in 2016 the brand will embark on an exciting new chapter to maintain its relevance to the ever changing consumer. As an exciting disruptive everygreen brand Monster High will continue to represent via the monster metaphor what it means to be different, unique and empowering girls to be themselves as Mattel leads the way in creating, maintaining and driving strong girl empowerment brands.

The key elements that make the brand disruptive will remain but now infused with more play in the product whilst adding renewed focus on the core characters and stories as well as marketing what the brand stands for. The brand will have a fresh new look with new contemporary colours and graphics whilst still incorporating the iconic signatures that make the brand unique and relatable to the core audience of 6-10 year olds. The fresh new feel will also incorporate new photo real brand imagery creating the emotional connection with the core audience whilst maintaining the brands humour and relatability and sense of community. The brand will also launch an exciting new multiyear brand campaign and new consumer rallying cry “How Do You Boo” encouraging consumers to embrace what makes them unique and share how they Boo. Working with celebrities and brands spokespeople the campaign will communicate what it means to boo, to be yourself and start a movement encourage girls to do the same. This will also be brought to life through an empowering new Monster High Anthem launched through a music video that will be amplified through social media and PR. This will be supported with an extensive marketing campaign across multiply touch points and will be localised in key countries across the EuRoMEA region.

Entertainment will still be a key focus with the successful tentpoles as Monster High is ranked #2 children’s direct to video franchise. In Spring, join favourite ghoulfriends of Monster High in an all-new aquatic adventure, Great Scarrier Reef (70 minutes). In Fall fans will be treated to the untold origins story of Monster High and the Monsters that live among us (70 minutes).

Views: 89806

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I think they should either get rid of all the core characters and make the younger ones like Howleen grow up to be the age and style of G1 or make Cleo etc. Nefera's age group. Stop this redoing every character and making them worse and rewriting the whole history of MH.

However I think it was intentional to ruin EAH and MH because Barbie sales were SOOOO lackluster. 

Do you guys think we will ever see the leaks for the few new lines or do you think MH is dead? I don't foresee the line lasting much longer :(

I dunno. I mean we got those leaks of the hoodies and tea party dolls but they were supposed to be "spring" and we're now into summer with no sign of them. Restock is looking but I can see no listings on amazon or any other retailer. I honestly suspect we won't see them at all, or if they do hit, it'll be toward the end of the year and only in very small very random retailers.

Stores just don't seem to be ordering in new dolls, just, in general. Certainly the UK we aren't seeing fashion dolls in many stores at all. Tesco is closing their online shopping and has reduced their toy aisles, they have barely any dolls and haven't had any in for months. Sainsbury have shrunk their toy aisles too, as have Asda and neither have any dolls that aren't cheap crappy clones like Sparkle Girlz.

Meanwhile we've lost tru completely now and Smyths and Entertainer don't seem to be getting in any fashion dolls at all. Entertainer has had only clone dolls in their flagship store for months and months and seem to  have no intention of buying in even things like the new equestria girls which I honestly thought would be a sure thing for them as they stock a LOT of mlp stuff. But nope.

Smyths have started to clearance their WWE superstar dolls (£3 for some of them, £7 for others), their dc superhero girls and a lot of other lines. We haven't gotten any new MH since er... the fairy line. None at all, nowhere, not even amazon is ordering them. EAH is gone too, we haven't seen any new EAH since That mermaid girl. We haven't had any new DC superhero girl stuff either and a lot of discount stores are getting them in instead.

No new MC2 either. Or any Decendants 2. the high street stores just aren't ordering dolls in, even Barbie is restocking really slow and we aren't getting half the core releases.

It's not looking good.

I think it's pretty much a sure thing that EAH, DC superhero girls, WWE superstars, Forces of Destiny, Monster High and Mc2 are all dead lines in the european market. None of them have managed to sell well recently and we're not getting the next waves.

MGA I wouldn't be surprised to see wind down mc2 because it hasn't been as succeessful as they hoped and focus on LOL which IS making money.

Hasbro went from being super helpful to "we can't discuss that" about forces of destiny which I read as "the line is cancelled but we aren't allowed to say that yet". Given several dolls just haven't hit the us market properly either and those that have have done so in tiny quantity, i'd say the line has failed and Hasbro are walking away.

as for Mattel, well, they seem to have sabotaged pretty much ALL their lines. WWE they didn't advertise at all, there was zero marketing for them over here. How was any kid supposed to know they existed?

Dc they cheaped out and made them all molded and kept releasing the same 2 or 3 characters over and over and over and seriously, kids don't want a billion supergirls, they want an assortment!

MH hasn't sold well since the reboot and the gappy bodies and qc dive and over reliance on gimmicks was just the final nail in the coffin.

EAH never sold so well over here so i'm not surprised it's died, it was too expensive and again, the quality started to dive toward the end and we stopped getting all the characters. Also they kept bringing in NEW characters rather than making dolls of established characters the fans were asking for. Something they ALSO kept doing with MH. Basically Mattel just have no idea what the heck they're doing, refuse to listen to their fanbase and keep shooting themselves in the foot. 

MH is dead and it's sad, i'm hoping we can milk one or two interesting things out of the bloating corpse before they finally bury it, but it's not looking optimistic. the european market hasn't ordered any new mh for 2 seasons now, once stores give up on you, what hope have you got? It's time mattel just accepted it, shelved it and streamlined their design team, started producing just ONE line that was actually GOOD, rather than lots and lots of substandard ones.

Hello,

I'm glad that I'm not the only one who hasn't seen the new MH dolls. I've kinda been waitin' for the Ghostly Tea Party ones.   :(

With regard to the new Project MC2 dolls, I've been hoping to see the new Bryden, because she's the one character that I never got before.  Ironically, a bunch of the Prom Masquerade dolls just came into the local Kmart store, after I'd bought the "only" Adrienne, like, half a year ago, or something! Wow! Very strange!

<Disappears into a shadow>

Goodbye,

The Whispering Wolf / Wolfie

It looks bad for MH. I am not a fan of the reboot but to see MH disappear is really depressing.

I like Ari and I would have loved to add the tea party doll to my collection. It looks very unlikely.

I don't expect to see any more MH dolls being released. Heck, Mattel hasn't even posted on the MH facebook page since March!! So I think MH has died, and we will never see the Tea Party or Hoodie dolls at all.

Mattel killed MH. How sad. :'(

Mattel pretty much killed all of their doll lines by cutting quality. The licensed Barbie fashion packs and the Collectors dolls above black and pink labels are the only good quality dolls they make now.

Hello,

I understand what all of you are saying about Mattel and the quality control issues, but I don't really get why they'd tease us with all of those images of the tea party and hoodie gals....if they're not even going to release them as, say, Target Exclusives....<Sigh> Really, Mattel? I want my bloomin' Ghostly Tea Party accessories, doggone it all to heck and gone!

<Disappears into a shadow>

Goodbye,

The Whispering Wolf / Wolfie

RSS

© 2018   Created by Stu Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service