Monster High Dolls .com

News and Reviews of Monster High Dolls, Plush Toys, and More!

A bona fide pop culture phenomenon and a massive global franchise in over 60 countries Monster High is ranked as the third biggest fashion doll brand a $1 billion franchise annually and a top 5 global property for girls! Monster High empowers girls to express their individuality and form friendships that last beyond a lifetime.

Now entering its 6th year in the market, in 2016 the brand will embark on an exciting new chapter to maintain its relevance to the ever changing consumer. As an exciting disruptive everygreen brand Monster High will continue to represent via the monster metaphor what it means to be different, unique and empowering girls to be themselves as Mattel leads the way in creating, maintaining and driving strong girl empowerment brands.

The key elements that make the brand disruptive will remain but now infused with more play in the product whilst adding renewed focus on the core characters and stories as well as marketing what the brand stands for. The brand will have a fresh new look with new contemporary colours and graphics whilst still incorporating the iconic signatures that make the brand unique and relatable to the core audience of 6-10 year olds. The fresh new feel will also incorporate new photo real brand imagery creating the emotional connection with the core audience whilst maintaining the brands humour and relatability and sense of community. The brand will also launch an exciting new multiyear brand campaign and new consumer rallying cry “How Do You Boo” encouraging consumers to embrace what makes them unique and share how they Boo. Working with celebrities and brands spokespeople the campaign will communicate what it means to boo, to be yourself and start a movement encourage girls to do the same. This will also be brought to life through an empowering new Monster High Anthem launched through a music video that will be amplified through social media and PR. This will be supported with an extensive marketing campaign across multiply touch points and will be localised in key countries across the EuRoMEA region.

Entertainment will still be a key focus with the successful tentpoles as Monster High is ranked #2 children’s direct to video franchise. In Spring, join favourite ghoulfriends of Monster High in an all-new aquatic adventure, Great Scarrier Reef (70 minutes). In Fall fans will be treated to the untold origins story of Monster High and the Monsters that live among us (70 minutes).

Views: 74418

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hello, purple_monkfish,

You are guilty of hanging out with obsessively observant children! For shame!  ;) LOL!

Actually, you and Breanna are not alone. I myself was obsessively observant as a child, and I haven't changed one iota....and....I have abso-freakin'-lutely no regrets, 'cause we obsessively observant people, and those who interact with us and understand us, totally rock!  :)

<Disappears into a shadow>

Goodbye,

The Whispering Wolf 

the original shorts were really well made & thought out and the shorts and Netflix films for EAH were as well.

Hello, mechagirl,

I couldn't agree more!

Goodbye,

The Whispering Wolf

EAH's specials were surprisingly good with a really good attention to detail and canon. I can't say the same for MH sadly. While the specials were amusing, the webisodes and specials did often totally ignore diary canon which annoyed the heck outta me.

I understand why, I mean, a degree of flanderisation is neccisary when you have 3 minute shorts, everyone gets pared down to their shallowest but they so rapidly forgot stuff from the diaries, it's like nobody bothered to write a series bible for them all so the diary writers then had to hastily backfill the gaping plot holes.

I think they learned lessons from the borked canon of MH when they came to do EAH and actually wrote stuff down and referenced it before writing stuff.

Certainly it all felt more cohesive and less at odds with each of the different elements of the multi media story.

With Mh it was to be fair the first time Mattel had tried doing something that was simultaniously doll line, book series, comics and tv show. Now to be fair, the second series of books and the comics were pretty good and actually DID seem to pay attention (I expect hte comics and diaries had the same writers or people talking to one another and the author of the second book series got given all the proper background to work from)

The same can't be said for the movies and webisode writers who often seemed to just go off on their own tangent and screw the canon. Rehashing the same plot beats over and over (Lagoona/Gill) or outright contradicting themselves (Holt's change trigger, Frankie's age which NEVER changes despite months going by, Draculaura and Jackson's friendship being totally retconned by the animations or else she's just a cow and pretending she doesn't know her next door neighbour. Jerk. )

the whole first season of the webisodes and the first special (New ghoul at school) are retconned by the second series which then rehashes that special and tweaks things. It's kinda bizzare. Like go back and watch the first season of the webisodes and that special, then watch season 2 and the first cgi special. they contradict and seem to act like season 1 and that special never happened. Like a sort of.. soft reboot 1 year into the franchise. Possibly they realised they'd screwed too much up between the different medias and were aiming to fix it? they didn't.

And the less said about the first book series the better (she was working from very very early drafts I believe, hence why it's SO utterly non canon)

But that lead to a lot of confusion with kids who were baffled by why everything was totally different.

EAH seemed to be more well, thought out and planned. I think they sat down and wrote a series bible for it tbh, with all the plans and intentions for characters and plots so they could lay down foreshadowing rather than just having "surprise!" reveals like MH often did.

yeah I agree MH had some huge continuity issues from what Ive heard, since I haven't been able to see all the webisode shorts or all the movies & never read any of the books. EAH Ive seen a few of the shorts and all the Netflix movies which were fantastic. I meant they were well thought out more in that both franchises had very complex lore(maybe too complex), more than usual for a doll line.

Monster High has always just been a doll line to me. The webisodes and movies always made it seem more babyish than I could stomach.

Despite all the negativity surrounding her I was (and still am) pretty excited for this doll as Abbey is a definitive fave of mine. 

But damn, them there gappy joints got me cringing real bad. 

Loving the shoes though,

I just got my Collector Abbey today! I honestly love her. Her hair is beautiful and soft (not course gross crimpy like Electrified). As far as the gappy joints? Yeah it's sad and ridiculous. Even her hands are terrible (fingers molded shut, no claws, just awful). BUT I made a very easy fix by using another reboot Abbey's body from from before gap-gate and now she's perfect and has her signature huge clawed hands.
Attachments:

Hello, SammyWinchester,

Please don't hate me, but the earlier re-boot body needs to have its hands switched, because the right hand is on the left arm, and the left hand is on the right arm.  Other than that, though, the "new" Collector Abbey looks fairly cool, because her head goes far better with her new body (with regards to how well the colors match) than it did with her old body.

That old body was doing nothing for the more dusky shade of her face, but you corrected the issue! That's how Collector Abbey should've looked!

Goodbye,

The Whispering Wolf

Ha! So the hands were wrong. Crisis fixed! Lol

Hello, SammyWinchester,

I hope that I didn't sound mean, or anything, because your new OOAK Abbey doll really does look much better.

Goodbye,

The Whispering Wolf

RSS

© 2017   Created by Stu Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service