Monster High Dolls .com

News and Reviews of Monster High Dolls, Plush Toys, and More!

A bona fide pop culture phenomenon and a massive global franchise in over 60 countries Monster High is ranked as the third biggest fashion doll brand a $1 billion franchise annually and a top 5 global property for girls! Monster High empowers girls to express their individuality and form friendships that last beyond a lifetime.

Now entering its 6th year in the market, in 2016 the brand will embark on an exciting new chapter to maintain its relevance to the ever changing consumer. As an exciting disruptive everygreen brand Monster High will continue to represent via the monster metaphor what it means to be different, unique and empowering girls to be themselves as Mattel leads the way in creating, maintaining and driving strong girl empowerment brands.

The key elements that make the brand disruptive will remain but now infused with more play in the product whilst adding renewed focus on the core characters and stories as well as marketing what the brand stands for. The brand will have a fresh new look with new contemporary colours and graphics whilst still incorporating the iconic signatures that make the brand unique and relatable to the core audience of 6-10 year olds. The fresh new feel will also incorporate new photo real brand imagery creating the emotional connection with the core audience whilst maintaining the brands humour and relatability and sense of community. The brand will also launch an exciting new multiyear brand campaign and new consumer rallying cry “How Do You Boo” encouraging consumers to embrace what makes them unique and share how they Boo. Working with celebrities and brands spokespeople the campaign will communicate what it means to boo, to be yourself and start a movement encourage girls to do the same. This will also be brought to life through an empowering new Monster High Anthem launched through a music video that will be amplified through social media and PR. This will be supported with an extensive marketing campaign across multiply touch points and will be localised in key countries across the EuRoMEA region.

Entertainment will still be a key focus with the successful tentpoles as Monster High is ranked #2 children’s direct to video franchise. In Spring, join favourite ghoulfriends of Monster High in an all-new aquatic adventure, Great Scarrier Reef (70 minutes). In Fall fans will be treated to the untold origins story of Monster High and the Monsters that live among us (70 minutes).

Views: 93401

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

As long as this is only done to the main core characters, I don't really mind, since I'm not a fan of the main characters and don't have any interest in them. However, if they also do this to Spectra, Jinafire, Honey, Operetta and the other more interesting ghouls, I'll go crazy.

Spectra Boo- your kidding yourself if you think its not happening to all of the dolls, Of course it is. So someone mentioned this before but I am very curious about Garrett and what he thinks, I just can not imagine he would be very pleased with this.

Honestly I will be very surprised if we even SEE a lot of the other characters. Skelita for instance is "too scary" right? Mattel's own bloody video says they're steering away from scary so kiss goodbye to all the creepy body sculpts like skelita, wydowna etc.

Operetta has tattoos, that's too edgy for this reboot. *eyeroll*

I'll honestly be surprised if we even see boys at this point. If they're aiming dolls at 6 year olds, why would they make boys? Boy dolls are something that appeals to older kids, tweens and teens, not 6 year olds. they still think boys are icky and have cooties right?

It doesn't even seem like Garrett is around any more if this is happening!

there's already a petition and it won't do anything. Best we can hope is they're planning to split the franchise into several age groups with the cutesy ones for young kids coming into the brand and then more unusual stuff for the teens and so on. They did a collector doll for "adult fans" already after all, maybe... maybe they're not going to totally abandon a large chunk of their customer base and instead they're going to rethink their marketing structure?

But I think that's me clinging to hopes *sigh* because that's what i'd like them to do. It just seems so weird to go from doing stuff like great scarrier reef to this, it's such a massive turn and that's really baffling.

i still believe the future collector dolls will be the same and not the new version

Draculaura was clearly a one-off. It's highly doubtful, at best, if it was ever going to happen again. Certainly not now.

doubt it. it sold well anyway.

That what I'm hoping for. Maybe not right away but after while of us older collectors expressing our dislike for this new reboot perhaps they will consider an adult collector corner like hasbro does or even just exclusives a few times a year I would be okay with at least that.

I think that they have the same facemolds but the paint is different. DON'T freakout about Draculaura smiling. You can remove the edges using nail polish remover or the removers to get rid the the smile!

I said it in the other thread and I'll say (reiterate) it here; Monster High has taken a huge chunk of Barbie sales. It wouldn't do that if they were not selling and "too scary/edgy/whatever." So in order to continue that success, they're making them more like the less popular Barbie? Out of date 80's Barbie at that. Cause that makes sense.......

For those of us hoping the drop in sales will force them back to the original style, it doesn't work that way. This reboot will be the only one. When toy makers change something and it doesn't work, they don't look at why it failed so badly from the original, they simply discontinue the line saying kids no longer wish to have that type of toy. As for the Barbie argument, the changes have always conformed to the societal norms. Always pink. Always smiling. Always safe.

It does make me wonder though if Monster High will hang around as one of those weird $5 cheap dolls that everyone looks at but no one ever seems to actually buy.

maybe they're scared they were taking TOO MUCH of Barbie's sales. Mattel seems to panic when queen barbie is threatened.

RSS

© 2019   Created by Stu Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service