Monster High Dolls .com

News and Reviews of Monster High Dolls, Plush Toys, and More!

A bona fide pop culture phenomenon and a massive global franchise in over 60 countries Monster High is ranked as the third biggest fashion doll brand a $1 billion franchise annually and a top 5 global property for girls! Monster High empowers girls to express their individuality and form friendships that last beyond a lifetime.

Now entering its 6th year in the market, in 2016 the brand will embark on an exciting new chapter to maintain its relevance to the ever changing consumer. As an exciting disruptive everygreen brand Monster High will continue to represent via the monster metaphor what it means to be different, unique and empowering girls to be themselves as Mattel leads the way in creating, maintaining and driving strong girl empowerment brands.

The key elements that make the brand disruptive will remain but now infused with more play in the product whilst adding renewed focus on the core characters and stories as well as marketing what the brand stands for. The brand will have a fresh new look with new contemporary colours and graphics whilst still incorporating the iconic signatures that make the brand unique and relatable to the core audience of 6-10 year olds. The fresh new feel will also incorporate new photo real brand imagery creating the emotional connection with the core audience whilst maintaining the brands humour and relatability and sense of community. The brand will also launch an exciting new multiyear brand campaign and new consumer rallying cry “How Do You Boo” encouraging consumers to embrace what makes them unique and share how they Boo. Working with celebrities and brands spokespeople the campaign will communicate what it means to boo, to be yourself and start a movement encourage girls to do the same. This will also be brought to life through an empowering new Monster High Anthem launched through a music video that will be amplified through social media and PR. This will be supported with an extensive marketing campaign across multiply touch points and will be localised in key countries across the EuRoMEA region.

Entertainment will still be a key focus with the successful tentpoles as Monster High is ranked #2 children’s direct to video franchise. In Spring, join favourite ghoulfriends of Monster High in an all-new aquatic adventure, Great Scarrier Reef (70 minutes). In Fall fans will be treated to the untold origins story of Monster High and the Monsters that live among us (70 minutes).

Views: 93399

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hello, mechagirl,

That's kinda how I feel, too, although these new dolls are too addictive for me.  :)

<Disappears into a shadow>

Goodbye,

The Whispering Wolf

This is sickening. I'm so disappointed and confused. Whatever, at least I'll have more money now. Once I get Ghouls Getaway Jane and Elissabat, I won't be saying "goodbye". No, I'll be targeting my Arsenal directly toward whatever prick made the genius move to singlehandedly rip apart (no pun) everything dark and fabulous in this once-glorious line of dolls in an already over-saturated world of Barbie Goes To Ballet Class trash. And then I'll say goodbye.

Oh for poop sake here, this is too much. Well its official, I'm out.  My beloved Frankie is finished, done-kaput-that pic of her reminds me of Spongebob being normal. It was fun while it lasted. So long ghouls. My mom used to say-I'm so mad I could spit !!

This is just... No words! What the hell are the doing?? This will be the end of Monster High >=|
Monster High? More like Equestria Girls meets Moxie Teens.

I am sad to say this is the end for MH and I. I am glad we had the chance to grow ttogether and blossom into different things.it was certainly something beautiful, to grow up with such a brand that taught me to love people and be myself and not judge others based on appearances. This makes me really sad.

Well, if this is the direction they're going in, then it may just be the end for me. The cutesy is just...No. I'll likely pick up the dolls that I like that I'm not caught up with yet and that'll be it. I'm sad. :( Monster High was so different, and that's what made me love it. If there's any bright side to this it's that I'll have more money for my Tonner and Wilde Imagination dolls. 

It seems others are not happy either. They are starting to post on Mattel's facebook page and Mattel is tracking it now, it's showing up on their Social Media page for the corporate website. You can post here and maybe someone will read this or post there and they will be reading it! Can't hurt.

http://news.mattel.com/social-media

First thank you colton for sharing this gives me a real good look. Didn't think I would dislike this so much but I do. I figured they wanted to just change hair color and brighten the clothes a bit and try something new. Which they did. Unfortunately reboots have to happen. I figure I would skip some lines or dolls here and there but buy the ones with the MH look but it doesn't look like that happening. This is full speed ahead.

Molds are expensive It's looks like the mold are they same. But WOW what a difference the eyes make. They kinda look bug eyed or fish eyed to me.

I kinda feel that they are not doing as well as they say they are.This reboot feels like they really need it. It feels forced and like anything else out there.The dolls are exactly how purple_monkfish says generic and barbie-sqe.

I hope they still consider doing at least a collector doll like the draculaura I just got for us adult collectors that have been loyal fans. Like I said before in a previous post I will now be hunting all monster high I wanted to get but didn't cause I really didn't think I would dislike this reboot so much. I guess It is what it is.

I'm old so I've been collecting toys for a while now. My first love was action figure from Mcfarlane which I have over 250 give or take. For those who don't know Mcfarlane is a writer /comic book artist/ toy manufacturer from the mid 90's. He made dark twisted disturbing figures base on his line of comics and then he got into into movie figures licenses and even collaborated with clive barker one of my favorite writer.Then after collecting for years Mcfarlane decide he doesn't want to make anymore and just wanted to make his sports figures cause they were "safe" to sell like.

Exactly what purple_monkfish says this reboot is a "safe" approach . So when purple_monkfish compare MH to action figures that resonated with me cause that is how I see MH. My first doll was Skelita because how awesome is a skeleton girl doll that super articulated and with removable clothes.

Oh well "sigh" all I can say at this point is maybe like hasbro who has rebooted transformers many times over and eventually went back to the original design. Maybe this will happen to MH. This could back fired on mattel. Hasbro make new designs for transformers their top line every couple of years but they always cater to their adult collectors and make stuff just for that market. I guess thats all of us who don't like this reboot can hope for now collector dolls here and there. And honestly I don't think even thats gonna happen.

Kinda a bummer.

Checking amazon now for dolls to get. I mean the non articulated dolls are looking pretty good right about now at least they have those beautiful faces we all love. lol

I'm a feminist and I feel like they are failing at what they're trying to do here. These dolls are arguably sexualized but they are supposed to look bold and different. Now they are all conventionally attractive little girls. At least a vision of bold makeup as beauty is one that anyone can accomplish. No more vampy colors, no more freaky fab. What's even the point?

This line already makes girls that are different feel more confident. Look they lightened Frankie's scar and made her body stitches light blue to make her prettier and less scary.. What does that tell us?

and draculaura looks so creeeeeeeeeeeeeeepy

I never though I would say this, but they might lose me. I don't like the dolls and I really hate the celebrity push.

They look frumpy and brain damaged

And yet they have no problems keeping
The original vamped up, bitchy-ish, heavy makeup artwork. But I guess a 6 year old throws a box in the trash, never to be seen again and they're too ridiculously cheap and out of their wits to hire a new artist. How dare they utilize the old art.

RSS

© 2019   Created by Stu Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service