Monster High Dolls .com

News and Reviews of Monster High Dolls, Plush Toys, and More!

A bona fide pop culture phenomenon and a massive global franchise in over 60 countries Monster High is ranked as the third biggest fashion doll brand a $1 billion franchise annually and a top 5 global property for girls! Monster High empowers girls to express their individuality and form friendships that last beyond a lifetime.

Now entering its 6th year in the market, in 2016 the brand will embark on an exciting new chapter to maintain its relevance to the ever changing consumer. As an exciting disruptive everygreen brand Monster High will continue to represent via the monster metaphor what it means to be different, unique and empowering girls to be themselves as Mattel leads the way in creating, maintaining and driving strong girl empowerment brands.

The key elements that make the brand disruptive will remain but now infused with more play in the product whilst adding renewed focus on the core characters and stories as well as marketing what the brand stands for. The brand will have a fresh new look with new contemporary colours and graphics whilst still incorporating the iconic signatures that make the brand unique and relatable to the core audience of 6-10 year olds. The fresh new feel will also incorporate new photo real brand imagery creating the emotional connection with the core audience whilst maintaining the brands humour and relatability and sense of community. The brand will also launch an exciting new multiyear brand campaign and new consumer rallying cry “How Do You Boo” encouraging consumers to embrace what makes them unique and share how they Boo. Working with celebrities and brands spokespeople the campaign will communicate what it means to boo, to be yourself and start a movement encourage girls to do the same. This will also be brought to life through an empowering new Monster High Anthem launched through a music video that will be amplified through social media and PR. This will be supported with an extensive marketing campaign across multiply touch points and will be localised in key countries across the EuRoMEA region.

Entertainment will still be a key focus with the successful tentpoles as Monster High is ranked #2 children’s direct to video franchise. In Spring, join favourite ghoulfriends of Monster High in an all-new aquatic adventure, Great Scarrier Reef (70 minutes). In Fall fans will be treated to the untold origins story of Monster High and the Monsters that live among us (70 minutes).

Views: 94492

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

yeah you don't see a lot of Barbie in stores these days, there's not much out, and the Fashionistas aren't as easy to find as they were. 

just to clarify, I meant they are no longer selling any toys at their online site(except for collector Barbie.) They are still selling all their toys/dolls etc at stores like Target and Walmart.

Thats sad </3

oh yes I know what you meant but there's not much in stores.

I went to the Mattel store in France. They told me they received nothing new for MH for ages. They had tons of the reboot budget dolls, reboot signature dolls but NO Cleo, Clawdeen or Lagoona, from Ghoul to Wolf and from Ghoul to Bat, Ballet dolls, Electrified, Garden Ghouls, older MH dolls and a few older EAH (probably clearing the remains of old stock).

Toys R Us is still open in France (in a bad shape but still open). They had virtually no MH, Great Scarier Reef Kala and Posea...

yeah Toys R Us is still open in Sweden too, and I think Australia and probably other countries, though I can't speak for all of them, the Sweden store is owned by a different company so that's why they got to stay open, so it would be nice to visit other countries and find a TRU still running. 

Great Svarier reef dolls keep turning up everywhere it seems, they must have not done so well.

I believe a fair few of the TRUs across the world were actually held by different shareholders and were franchised rather than owned or opperated by US TRU, which means the american CEO and Board's dodgy dealings didn't impact them. They have the right to use the name, but are controlled by their own board and stuff, so they still exist. Australia still has TRU as well and they're apparently okay, probably because their high ups aren't corrupt as heck money embezzling criminals who should be in prison but won't go because they have too many rich white buddies in positions of authority.

Eugh.

In related news, sounds like those very money grubbing thieves are looking to reopen TRU in the US for christmas with tiny little popups and seasonal staff they don't need to give any sort of benefits to. Basically it's a last ditch attempt to milk every last drop of money they can from the bloating carcass before they swan off to their 3rd holiday home in the bahamas or whatever.

Meanwhile the staff were all laid off without any severance package, many got paid literally only till the day they stopped and that was it. But the ceo? the board? All got lovely little bonuses didn't they? because heaven forbid they take any sort of loss for their behaviour, naaah, the front of house staff took the brunt of all that.

Depressingly, a lot of the american public are probably stupid enough and nostelgic enough that this christmas plan will work and they'll rake in the dosh, money that will NOT go to the hardworking staff who were all made unemployed last year and will certainly NOT go toward paying the seasonal staff they hire a fair living wage either.

ahem...

But yeah, tru france and aus and such are franchised, so dodged the bullet. UK tru i'm not totally sure what happened or how separate it was from the parent company, I think it was losing money so they decided with the us parent company closing shop it was easier to wind down here too.

My sister tells me tru Aus is doing fine, but then again, Aus doesn't have Amazon well.. they do but it's crap and now they can't import from Amazon US (because ... reasons?) they kinda have this captive market that can support a big toy shop as there just aren't the online options.

oo may have spoken too soon, looks like tru aus has gone under too now. As of like.. last week. Damn.

Toys R Us in France is in a bad shape. I don't think it will last very long either. We'll see. They don't seem to have a lot of choice or new products, it is not a good sign...

Another big Toys chain is going under in France, bad times for toys at the moment...

And none of the supermarkets are stocking MH...even the one that used to have all the exclusives...NO MH...

well the UK TRU have been doing badly for quite some time so it's not really surprising they went under, a lot of stuff didn't sell they never clearance items enough or make them cheap enough and it took them ages to get new stuff in while other stores already did. 

I got it wrong before I meant Iceland not Sweden oops, though I have no idea about Sweden so their store could be open still, but it's Iceland that I saw.

I believe Smyths is acquiring some of the European Toys R Us stores 

well maybe that'd mean a Smyths this side of bloody london then. Seriously, there's an absolute black hole here. Nearest Smyths is a TWO HOUR commute away! I mean wth?

RSS

© 2020   Created by Stu Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service