Monster High Dolls .com

News and Reviews of Monster High Dolls, Plush Toys, and More!

A bona fide pop culture phenomenon and a massive global franchise in over 60 countries Monster High is ranked as the third biggest fashion doll brand a $1 billion franchise annually and a top 5 global property for girls! Monster High empowers girls to express their individuality and form friendships that last beyond a lifetime.

Now entering its 6th year in the market, in 2016 the brand will embark on an exciting new chapter to maintain its relevance to the ever changing consumer. As an exciting disruptive everygreen brand Monster High will continue to represent via the monster metaphor what it means to be different, unique and empowering girls to be themselves as Mattel leads the way in creating, maintaining and driving strong girl empowerment brands.

The key elements that make the brand disruptive will remain but now infused with more play in the product whilst adding renewed focus on the core characters and stories as well as marketing what the brand stands for. The brand will have a fresh new look with new contemporary colours and graphics whilst still incorporating the iconic signatures that make the brand unique and relatable to the core audience of 6-10 year olds. The fresh new feel will also incorporate new photo real brand imagery creating the emotional connection with the core audience whilst maintaining the brands humour and relatability and sense of community. The brand will also launch an exciting new multiyear brand campaign and new consumer rallying cry “How Do You Boo” encouraging consumers to embrace what makes them unique and share how they Boo. Working with celebrities and brands spokespeople the campaign will communicate what it means to boo, to be yourself and start a movement encourage girls to do the same. This will also be brought to life through an empowering new Monster High Anthem launched through a music video that will be amplified through social media and PR. This will be supported with an extensive marketing campaign across multiply touch points and will be localised in key countries across the EuRoMEA region.

Entertainment will still be a key focus with the successful tentpoles as Monster High is ranked #2 children’s direct to video franchise. In Spring, join favourite ghoulfriends of Monster High in an all-new aquatic adventure, Great Scarrier Reef (70 minutes). In Fall fans will be treated to the untold origins story of Monster High and the Monsters that live among us (70 minutes).

Views: 93344

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

please take this somewhere else spectra boo and nerdywitchyjock. thank you. we have the negative thread or you could PM each other.

I personally don't like the collector Abbey, but that is my opinion. If somebody else likes her, then I say good for you! To each his own! :)

Warning: Moderator has a migraine and is feeling pukey, also stabby.

Please refrain from annoying moderator. Mod isn't very reasonable today.

thank you!

I went to bed at 7pm last night and slept, i'm still not well.

But i'm going to be taking screenshots before people can delete their posts.

This is just ridiculous. Petty, childish and pathetic and i'm so tired of it. I have asked nicely so many times and i'm just done with this.

I've had enough of the lot of you.

Grow up or get out.

Mattel recently trademarked Griselle Grande. Do you think it's for Monster High or Ever After High? If its EAH she's probably daughter of the Giant from Jack and the Beanstalk and if shes MH I'm thinking daughter of King Kong, Godzilla, something large lol

I dunno. EAH seems to be dead, least here in the UK it is. We never got a fair few of the more recent characters or releases.

MH seems to be on the way out as well.

I went shopping yesterday and it was shocking how little there was in the big supermarkets. No MH, none... at all. not even a space where it might go. No Barbies in Asda either, what?

B&M meanwhile, who get all the end of line clearance stuff have a whole aisle of MH and EAH, the shelves are heaving with heavily discounted stock. £10 for picture day for instance, brand new both waves. GSR, Haunted, Frights Camera Action, heck they even had reboot 2 packs with moanica and draculaura for £14. Dragon games EAH too.

The fact reboot stuff is hitting clearance stores like B&M, Home Bargains and TK Maxx SO soon after launch is concerning. The UK is a nation that doesn't generally DO those super clearance sales the US does. At best our sales might drop to half price. So when Smyths clearanced all the reboot stuff for £3 that was NOT a good sign. £3 is nothing, £3 is the price of a coffee. That's like $4:50 sort of price. And while the US market does seem to do that sometimes, the UK really doesn't. it's unheard of and reeks of desperation to get rid of something. They clearanced Shriek Wrecked and several other reboot lines that were only a month or two old, which is very worrying.

Even if they end up using the name in an animation or something, I can't say I think we'll see any dolls. I'm convinced EAH is winding down and MH isn't far behind. Least judging by the way stores in this country are behaving with their stocking.

I've watched so many doll lines die, this is history repeating. I dunno, i'm not optimistic.

Well, I will try a bit of optimism. (it's not my strong point!). I went to Paris last week and they had the 2 pack Love's not dead on sale at Toys'r'us. I thought that even if her poor head is full of glue, it is my beloved Ghoulia so... (we never know what they will do to her gorgeous face if she ever has a reboot doll...) I had to visit 3 shops in order to find this pack, of course the price was good so I was lucky to grab one. France has normally less lines than the UK so I was extremely surprised to see a lot of new MH G2 dolls. Welcome to MH, Dance the fright away, photo booth, shriek Wrecked, signatures first wave, all the electrified except for Venus... none of them reduced and a lot of them. The dolls generally take longer to reach the French shores. They are always out in the UK a bit earlier. Even so, they had tons of them. It is a good sign.

Also, I have noticed that Smyths toys have been doing this for years to get rid of their last remaining stock (once they had the oasis Cleo playset for £1!). When I went there, they had only one or two dolls left of each for £3. I was lucky, for once I went there on the right day when they just had changed the prices.

The worrying thing are the discounts shops and the supermarkets. Sainsbury's and Tesco must be fed up to put nearly all their MH stock on clearance. The geek dolls were reduced £4 in Tesco last year and they had a lot and they were receiving new stock at clearance price regularly for weeks. It was great, I bought my first Catty Noir (with a soft glue free head). What a joy! Of course, I also bought the ghoulia full of glue, because of course, it is Ghoulia and I have no will power. I can't resist that sort of prices. Same with the re-release gloom beach at Sainsbury's, they were on clearance for weeks and they had tons of them. I always check the toys when I do my food shopping!

So, if I'm trying to be optimistic I would ask myself...maybe the dolls take longer than expected to be manufactured? or Mattel are trying to correct one of their infamous factory errors?

Doubt it. Toys R Us seem to get stock long after everywhere else has stopped stocking. They're still getting new bratz, they still have la dee da on shelves. heck, they had Moxie Teen fashion packs on the shelves FOUR YEARS after that line was discontinued. Wth?

I don't think they're a very good indicator, they're low frequency unlike the supermarkets who have a much more rapid turnover.

In a way the sales are great for people buying, but the don't bode well for the future of the brand from a manufacturing perspective.

They also appear to have stopped responding to questions on social media. Not just me, but everyone. People asking when something's going to be released or whatever, the standard sorts of questions are just getting ignored across all platforms.

It's really rude.

But it's also a bit odd because they usually do actually respond.

it's like they just don't care any longer.

I dunno,

Mattel are jerks. Maybe stores have given up on them because they treated their retailers with the same contempt they treat their customers.

I don't know what to think anymore. Toys'r'us UK has hardly any MH. In Toys'r'us France, they don't have any Bratz anymore except for the odd one on the clearance shelf. They had also only 2 ever after high dolls. But, they have a lot of G2 MH in stock so it is a bit confusing. The supermarkets I went to in France had MH dolls too. not a lot but they never used to stock too many lines like in the UK.

I know it does not look good for Monster High but we never know.

I definitely agree about Mattel. They are jerks. And their stupid reboot is a jerks idea. They had an amazing product and destroyed it.

They should also concentrate on quality not quantity.

Anything for profit does not work all the time.

maybe its an  Enchantimal

Sounds most probable to me. Maybe MH. Doubt EAH.

IF it turns out to be EAH, i'll roll my eyes, cos it sounds like a Giant and they have had Tiny since the beginning but its gotta be a female to be a doll guys!

The "Gris" part makes me think Enchantimal. It'll probably be a bear Enchantimal.

RSS

© 2019   Created by Stu Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service