Monster High Dolls .com

News and Reviews of Monster High Dolls, Plush Toys, and More!

A bona fide pop culture phenomenon and a massive global franchise in over 60 countries Monster High is ranked as the third biggest fashion doll brand a $1 billion franchise annually and a top 5 global property for girls! Monster High empowers girls to express their individuality and form friendships that last beyond a lifetime.

Now entering its 6th year in the market, in 2016 the brand will embark on an exciting new chapter to maintain its relevance to the ever changing consumer. As an exciting disruptive everygreen brand Monster High will continue to represent via the monster metaphor what it means to be different, unique and empowering girls to be themselves as Mattel leads the way in creating, maintaining and driving strong girl empowerment brands.

The key elements that make the brand disruptive will remain but now infused with more play in the product whilst adding renewed focus on the core characters and stories as well as marketing what the brand stands for. The brand will have a fresh new look with new contemporary colours and graphics whilst still incorporating the iconic signatures that make the brand unique and relatable to the core audience of 6-10 year olds. The fresh new feel will also incorporate new photo real brand imagery creating the emotional connection with the core audience whilst maintaining the brands humour and relatability and sense of community. The brand will also launch an exciting new multiyear brand campaign and new consumer rallying cry “How Do You Boo” encouraging consumers to embrace what makes them unique and share how they Boo. Working with celebrities and brands spokespeople the campaign will communicate what it means to boo, to be yourself and start a movement encourage girls to do the same. This will also be brought to life through an empowering new Monster High Anthem launched through a music video that will be amplified through social media and PR. This will be supported with an extensive marketing campaign across multiply touch points and will be localised in key countries across the EuRoMEA region.

Entertainment will still be a key focus with the successful tentpoles as Monster High is ranked #2 children’s direct to video franchise. In Spring, join favourite ghoulfriends of Monster High in an all-new aquatic adventure, Great Scarrier Reef (70 minutes). In Fall fans will be treated to the untold origins story of Monster High and the Monsters that live among us (70 minutes).

Views: 94492

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Urgh. As others have said, too EAH, too gimmicky, not monstrous. And those little bug things... no way. The caterpillar one in particular is horrible. Ever seen the remake of The Fly? The dream sequence where Geena Davis thinks she's given birth to a human-sized maggot? Yeah, that's what she reminds me of. 0/10 Mattel, Must Try Harder.

This is one of those playsets where i can't see the appeal lasting 5 minutes.

This is just bullshit. Why are they making trash like this when we still need dolls for actual characters like Johnny Spirit, Pharroh, a real Hoodude doll etc. (yes we need more boys for heaven's sake)

But what sucks about the reboot is they'll never get to these more obscure characters because they still have to release and introduce the basic characters! We were so close to getting more backgrounders from G1 since they released everyone else.

yeah plus mattel apparently hate boy dolls. They've been crapping out on the boys more and more recently. Less articulation across ALL their brands, moulded hair, really basic outfits. "girls dont like boy dolls" they keep saying, as if repeating it enough will magically make it true.

I'd have bloody LOVED interesting male dolls as a kid. All i had was gross 90s Ken who's hideous with that disgusting old man perv grin and his plastic hair and ugly body. Ooo I still hate 90s kens, they're fugly man, soooo fugly. I kinda gag a bit when I see him. He looks SO OLD and gross.

I think back to my childhood and always like to imagine "okay, would I have been into this back then?"

I mean, I remember when my passion, which was Kenner Littlest Pets changed. First they stopped being pets and became zoo animals and I continued to buy becuase zoo animals were cute. Then they became ponies, at which point I stopped because I never liked ponies or horses and found them a bit boring.

they still released a few sets I liked though. and then... then they went full my little pony style with bright neon colours and rooted hair, the "pets" no longer looked like moderately realistic animals and instead became larger, squishier and looked like mlps.

I noped outta there.

That's the point my collection totally ceased and you know what? it got WORSE because after that they then made them freaking anthro.

WHY!??

The MH reboot makes me think of that. I don't remember feeling hugely  upset, i just moved onto something else. still played with my old pets. but this is how I judge toys as an adult "what does 10 year old me think?"

she thinks Treesa is kinda dull and those little bug things while cute, are confusing and weird.

But she hates her less than she hated Dayna and Ari.

I hate their view on boy dolls for MH. They make tons and tons of Ken dolls with every kind of clothing you can imagine. Although if they're going to make a Johnny Spirit doll, for instance, with plastic hair painted on stationary legs then forget it. I guess they haven't done too with the reboot so far though...I mean in the few lines so far we've gotten Gil, Deuce and Clawd.
i highly doubt they will ever make a doll of Raythe, or any of the new unnamed males, but they are free to prove me wrong. We still dont know what kind of monster Raythe even is.

Reboot Deuce is such a dissapointment too. Old Deuce was HOT man, so attractive. New one has angry eyebrows and Kylie Jenner lips. FAIL.
Jack/Holt have a sexier face than Deuce did! *swoon*

We still dont know what kind of monster Raythe even is.

Just a hunch, but I'm guessing he might be a Wraith;)

I like the idea of a tree nymph character but the execution sucks so badly!
It's fine for EAH or Mythology High or whatever they come up with next. It's not okay for Monster High. There is absolutely no reason a tree nymph should be a part of MH.

well in the original canon Lagoona mentions that her mother is a sea nymph, so they exist in the universe... I just always imagined them as creepy eat mortals kinda... monsters you know? Like fairies, less cute pretty winged ladies, more insectoid eat your face and steal your babies.

I agree with both of you. I miss the creepy edgy dolls we knew and loved. Do I like the reboot dolls, yes, some of them but do I miss the old dolls, ABSOLUTELY

RSS

© 2020   Created by Stu Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service