Monster High Dolls .com

News and Reviews of Monster High Dolls, Plush Toys, and More!

A bona fide pop culture phenomenon and a massive global franchise in over 60 countries Monster High is ranked as the third biggest fashion doll brand a $1 billion franchise annually and a top 5 global property for girls! Monster High empowers girls to express their individuality and form friendships that last beyond a lifetime.

Now entering its 6th year in the market, in 2016 the brand will embark on an exciting new chapter to maintain its relevance to the ever changing consumer. As an exciting disruptive everygreen brand Monster High will continue to represent via the monster metaphor what it means to be different, unique and empowering girls to be themselves as Mattel leads the way in creating, maintaining and driving strong girl empowerment brands.

The key elements that make the brand disruptive will remain but now infused with more play in the product whilst adding renewed focus on the core characters and stories as well as marketing what the brand stands for. The brand will have a fresh new look with new contemporary colours and graphics whilst still incorporating the iconic signatures that make the brand unique and relatable to the core audience of 6-10 year olds. The fresh new feel will also incorporate new photo real brand imagery creating the emotional connection with the core audience whilst maintaining the brands humour and relatability and sense of community. The brand will also launch an exciting new multiyear brand campaign and new consumer rallying cry “How Do You Boo” encouraging consumers to embrace what makes them unique and share how they Boo. Working with celebrities and brands spokespeople the campaign will communicate what it means to boo, to be yourself and start a movement encourage girls to do the same. This will also be brought to life through an empowering new Monster High Anthem launched through a music video that will be amplified through social media and PR. This will be supported with an extensive marketing campaign across multiply touch points and will be localised in key countries across the EuRoMEA region.

Entertainment will still be a key focus with the successful tentpoles as Monster High is ranked #2 children’s direct to video franchise. In Spring, join favourite ghoulfriends of Monster High in an all-new aquatic adventure, Great Scarrier Reef (70 minutes). In Fall fans will be treated to the untold origins story of Monster High and the Monsters that live among us (70 minutes).

Views: 93603

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I read EAH is also getting changes to their dolls. So it's not just MH.

EAH is only doing facial expressions from what I've seen

Another thing I have to throw out there is; Draculaura looks like one of those super sweet possessed kids from horror movies. This is not a scary cute either.....

Disney Princess Frankie doesn't do it for me.

Clawdeen looks like she's a kid that was caught with her hand in the cookie jar.

Cleo....Has maybe fared the best. She looks slightly unhappy and closer to the pissy Cleo I know and love.

That image of Cleo appears to be her slim-box Original Ghoul glam shot...

dracularaus hand look so weird in that pic lol

Nobody likes this.
I hope Mattel reads that.
Amd while I'm at it, nobody likes that the Draculaura we know and love more than often has glue in the head and an ugly face.

I think Mattel is hearing it loud and clear. Fan's have been posting their anger, sadness and no longer wanting to buy monster high dolls on the Mattel Facebook page all day. Check the visitor posts, which are showing up on Mattel's corporate websites Social Media section.

This one I love the best!

"Hyllary Cipriani to Mattel

Hi is the second time I am sending message, and I will keep them coming!
I am 8 years old and hated the new faces of Monster High Dolls !!
Please remain what they are now !! Current are more beautiful! I like MH not resemble the Barbie's and you now want MH is one ??
Please do not do it !! They are beautiful the geito they are! Please! Think of the children you were able to help with them, full of defects beautiful dolls, and who do not care! Please! Do not change!"

Love it.  That kid says it best.  They created the line with a certain philosophy, that cute isn't everything.  Now they want to make them Disney-cute.  I fell in love with the dolls because of what they stood for, as well as how different they are.  If they had looked like the new dolls when I first saw them, I would not have given them a second glance.  I was a bullied child because I was different, and so I cheered when I saw what MH stood for. 

Right now, almost every visitor post on the Mattel Facebook page is very unhappy MH collectors. I think it says a lot when children who fall in the age range don't like the changes. There's posts from parents who will not buy these changed dolls for their children because, they might as well say it's not ok if you are different.

As Bryan pointed out earlier, the video was pulled. Also, I don't know if that website where all this came from is a real Mattel website. Mattel Corporate has a new section on their own site. The more I looked this does not match the what they were talking about in the 3rd quarter corporate conference call. Which was this:

(http://files.shareholder.com/downloads/MAT/0x0x860819/C124B6BC-CA1D...) (Source)

Moving on, let's take a look at our greatest challenge in core brands, Monster High. As you know, the brand has struggled in its evolution from the global sensation it was at launch to an evergreen brand. Yet, it remains very relevant as a top five global doll property and arguably, the Monster High message is more relevant than ever in today's pop culture.

In Q3, while we saw declines in the base business persist globally, we were encouraged to see that the additional new product lines introducing new scales and new form factors performed well. Girls continue to tune in. Website traffic remains robust and this quarter, we saw app views increase along with YouTube video views. IP for this brand is incredibly powerful as the metrics show. So as we fix the toy side of the business, we are also thinking bigger by finding ways to monetize the brand as global IP.

The brand's recent partnership with High School Story, the number one game for female tweens in the US, is a great example. And this month, Monster High will be the star of the game.

The brand's refreshed, purpose-driven message means it can command marquee partners and placements. And we couldn't be more thrilled about our collaboration with Lady Gaga's Born This Way Foundation, a leading voice for inclusivity and tolerance worldwide. Lady Gaga is one of the most distinctive and famous music artists in the world today and she is fiercely dedicated to her Foundation's mission, which dovetails nicely with Monster High's brand purpose. This is a partnership that will unite and mobilize both fan bases to multiply a shared message through original content, social media and eventually, product. It's a perfect pairing.

To be sure, the journey to date for Monster High has been bumpy but I can tell you I like where this brand is going with strong new work just starting to hit the market now and much more to come in 2016. Despite my optimism, I'm sure the question remains with Disney Princess and Monster High declining, what are the implications for Q4 and for 2016? Clearly, we have our work cut out for us but there are several positive catalysts for Q4 including our continued revitalization of core brands, which gives us the opportunity to increase sales momentum by closing the current POS and shipping gap.

I have to wonder if the leaks are either fake, or Mattel did it to test the reaction to making drastic changes. Look what happened with the Jem movie, that first movie trailer created such a chain reaction in social media that it was a fail before it ever came out. Not to mention they failed from ignoring what the the fan base would have wanted to see.

I say keep posting on the Mattel Facebook page visitors section and be heard!

"Refresh" and "revitalize" are the words that scare me.

RSS

© 2020   Created by Stu Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service