Monster High Dolls .com

News and Reviews of Monster High Dolls, Plush Toys, and More!

Now I know this has kinda stopped, but do you think Monster High dolls, are unsuitable for children? I'm a kid and when I see Clawdeen dressed up in her basic one outfit, do I want to copy her style? No. Because its a doll. These "experts" really don't know kids don't give a dam about Clawdeen shaving or apparently "skimpy" clothes.

Views: 1570

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'd be utterly delighted if "helpful" adults would agree to screen their children from what they think is harmful, and allow me to do the same, using my own standards.

I agree with this and this is a good point. The MH style in general is very unrealistic and the ghouls basically have a cartoon-like quality to them, they are very far from a real human which they are supposed to be. To say that MH is going to make children want to look skinny is like saying that Dee Dee from Dexters Laboritory is going to make girls want to look skinny. Its stylized and has very little relation to real life. Plus if a kid cant distinguish fiction and reality there is probably a much bigger underlying problem with how theyre being parented ect. and, its not the fault of the dolls

i^D said:

How many of us left at least half our Barbies laying around undressed?

How many of us subsequently became nudists? No one?

To me Monster High doll clothes aren't skimpy. Like the larger heads and sway back, they are stylized.

Yes exactly. I honestly doubt any little girl will ever think they can look exactly like a MH character. I mean for gods sake give kids credit and stop assuming they're THAT stupid!

Abbinormal said:

I agree with this and this is a good point. The MH style in general is very unrealistic and the ghouls basically have a cartoon-like quality to them, they are very far from a real human which they are supposed to be. To say that MH is going to make children want to look skinny is like saying that Dee Dee from Dexters Laboritory is going to make girls want to look skinny. Its stylized and has very little relation to real life. Plus if a kid cant distinguish fiction and reality there is probably a much bigger underlying problem with how theyre being parented ect. and, its not the fault of the dolls

i^D said:

How many of us left at least half our Barbies laying around undressed?

How many of us subsequently became nudists? No one?

To me Monster High doll clothes aren't skimpy. Like the larger heads and sway back, they are stylized.

My daughter will be 8 soon and she just got into Monster high this past winter.  She loves them - she also likes the fact that they are so skinny - not because she has body issues but because she thinks they look cool.  She likes their clothes because they are fashionable. She loves to shop at Justice, she is so into fashion - I think the funky styles in monster high inspire her fashion sense.  I also allow my daughter to play with makeup and she can probably do her eye shadow better than many women I know!  Yup I am the mom at the mall with the little kid wearing purple eye shadow and red lips! It is fun to her and since she knows she cannot wear makeup to school she likes to wear it on the weekends.  My mom disagrees with the fact I allow her to wear makeup - but I do not care.  I am a good mom who has so far raised an incredibly sweet and bright child.  She is kind and loving.  She knows appropriateness of clothes for school and how to treat others.  A doll is a doll - my daughter does not aspire to become a cartoon monster - although she has fun trying to make her makeup match her dolls makeup when playing.  It is just pretend and I cannot believe people think that a doll will mold their child more then they can as parents.  I have too much confidence in my and my husbands ability to parent to worry about how a doll will affect my child!

Some people will use any inspiration to exploit their kids (lets think pagents) and some people use harmless things (like clawdeen's leg shaving) to displace hatred they secretly feel underneah the surface....

That said....I won't buy my daughter any of the dolls with fishnet stockings unless the dolls are also wearing pants.

No, I think their fine, I just think alot of parents shouldn't have children. And when I was a kid, my Aladdin doll had a real outline of a THAT and no underwear as they have now. People are too uptight about everything these days and yet let their children be self entitled animals on a daily basis.

RSS

© 2021   Created by Stu Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service