Monster High Dolls .com

News and Reviews of Monster High Dolls, Plush Toys, and More!

I want to make some clothes for my monster high dolls but I cannot for the life of me make clothes patterns so could anyone with patterns post a link or e-mail them to me at mxoxogg@hotmail.co.uk

 

Thanks xoxo

Views: 38728

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

There are some really amazing Monster High clothing patterns for sale on Etsy.  I've bought a few and they are well put together and fun to make!!!

is anyone on etsy offering a princess cut top? most of the patterns i've seen so far either depend on knits (which really limits texture options) or don't seem all that fitted. even many of the fashion packs seem kind of lack luster on the actual tailoring.

and barbie? you may be further ahead starting with a t-tunic and tailoring down. to do that, make a t shape that looks about as big as the doll plus extra wiggle room. cut 2. sew the sides, then enough of the top that you have room to sneak a doll head through the middle. after that you can hand tack as needed to get closer the the right shape. to make a pattern, follow the hand seams with a pen, dissect, and trace. don't forget to add seam allowance to final patterns.

also, consider the Lolita method. basically, use a whole bunch of huge rectangles gathered down to fit a body. you can also make long rectangles to add to nearly any other pattern. since most of draculaura's clothing is loosely based on Lolita, a google search can also give inspiration for fancy looking but rather simple lines.

Ive purchased from this shop and they are great~   https://www.etsy.com/shop/KristineAnns?ref=seller_info

KristineAnns has a princess cut dress pattern in one of her sets. It could be modified to make a top.
 
nox_lumen said:

is anyone on etsy offering a princess cut top? most of the patterns i've seen so far either depend on knits (which really limits texture options) or don't seem all that fitted. even many of the fashion packs seem kind of lack luster on the actual tailoring.

and barbie? you may be further ahead starting with a t-tunic and tailoring down. to do that, make a t shape that looks about as big as the doll plus extra wiggle room. cut 2. sew the sides, then enough of the top that you have room to sneak a doll head through the middle. after that you can hand tack as needed to get closer the the right shape. to make a pattern, follow the hand seams with a pen, dissect, and trace. don't forget to add seam allowance to final patterns.

also, consider the Lolita method. basically, use a whole bunch of huge rectangles gathered down to fit a body. you can also make long rectangles to add to nearly any other pattern. since most of draculaura's clothing is loosely based on Lolita, a google search can also give inspiration for fancy looking but rather simple lines.

I didn't like what I saw online. Most of the patterns fit like sacks, both free and for sale, and while it's fine for some things, it's not what I was looking for.

It's taken months, but I finally made a pattern that gives me the close fit I wanted as a base for alterations. There is a photo of it on my page if anyone would like to take a look. I'm not great with a camera, so that is the cleanest shot I can offer. If anyone would like to clean up the image for me, please have fun and share.

If you have never worked with a tight doll garment, wait till I can get tutorial shots and info up. This one is really presise and will need a bit of tension on the doll to fit right. I will add. more info in the next few days.

Strumpets Delight said:

Ive purchased from this shop and they are great~   https://www.etsy.com/shop/KristineAnns?ref=seller_info

Could we have a link to your page? I'd like to see what you've done. ;}

C



nox_lumen said:

I didn't like what I saw online. Most of the patterns fit like sacks, both free and for sale, and while it's fine for some things, it's not what I was looking for.

It's taken months, but I finally made a pattern that gives me the close fit I wanted as a base for alterations. There is a photo of it on my page if anyone would like to take a look. I'm not great with a camera, so that is the cleanest shot I can offer. If anyone would like to clean up the image for me, please have fun and share.

If you have never worked with a tight doll garment, wait till I can get tutorial shots and info up. This one is really presise and will need a bit of tension on the doll to fit right. I will add. more info in the next few days.

Strumpets Delight said:

Ive purchased from this shop and they are great~   https://www.etsy.com/shop/KristineAnns?ref=seller_info

When using a sewing machine for sewing tiny items, pin the items to a paper towel to keep the machine from munching the fabric.

Strumpets Delight said:

I've tried these patterns and they take allot of tweeking to get them to fit properly.  there is zero seam allowance and when working with something this tiny, your sewing machine needs it!  I havent tried them with the narrow hem stitch on my serger yet, but my sewing machine has argued the whole way!

lis b said:

I found this online. but haven't tried it yet.

http://ths.fennotrans.fi/patterns/mh-patterns.html

 

I started a group for those of us who like to make our own doll clothes, but haven't really had time to really start posting. You can check it out of you want.

http://www.monsterhighdolls.com/group/diy-monster-high-doll-clothes

 

 

that's a cool idea. I usually just sew by hand. I get very easily frustrated by the machine and it takes a lot of energy not to hurl it out the window : )

Does anyone know where I can get a jumpsuit pattern from? I'm useless at adapting other doll patterns and I've spent an hour trying to find a MH pattern but to no avail T-T

There is a tutorial on myfroggystuff.com that covers making superhero costumes. It covers how to make one using any doll. From there, you can add on sleeves or whatnot to make the jumpsuit the way you want.

Thanks Gabby Goyle I'll check it out, my custom is desperate for a motorcycling outfit! :)

I have 2 patterns posted for the standard size dolls . and one for the 17 inch dolls  here.

http://undeadthreads.moonfruit.com/patterns/4589800099

RSS

© 2020   Created by Stu Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service