Monster High Dolls .com

News and Reviews of Monster High Dolls, Plush Toys, and More!

Does anyone know if ANY of the Monster High dolls have been or will be discontinued???? 

Views: 1695

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Gloom beach has been discontinued where I am in London. In toys r us. 

My Burlington Coat Factory has the original DOTD dolls, as well. They also have some of the older accesories like the magic 8 ball skullette thing. They actually had quite a lot of Monster High merchandise in the toy department. This was in Arcadia, California.

Also I'm not sure but I think the Gloom Beach 5 pack may be discontinued now as well perhaps as the DOTD 3 pack. I think if the Gloom Beach 5 pack is going to be found now it would be at Target in their clearance Toy section. I haven't seen the DOTD 3 pack at Wal-Mart at all lately. Not sure, but  maybe the Fearleading 3 pack is or will be discontinued? I haven't seen it since Christmas or any tags for it at TRU. Please someone correct me if they've heard otherwise.

From what I can gather, DOTD has been discontinued. Even the new wave. Shelf tags didn't make it into the resets at the local Wal Marts, and though they made it into the reset at Meijer, they're "pull tags." A little snooping turned up some information: DOTD are listed in the Meijer database as "discontinued" but "on replenishment", meaning as long as there are still some in the warehouses, they'll be shipped to the store. But when a store stops getting shipments, the clerks are to "pull tag" and face the shelves with nearby toys. This may not be the case with TrU, seeing as they have more shelf  space for toys than grocery superstores, but I'd be willing to bet if TrU had them, they'd be getting out to the shelves.

RE: the DOTD 3 Pack at Wal MArt: It is DEFINITELY discontinued. The GF picked one up at Wal Mart on clearance for $17.

Good to know. Glad I got mine when I did!

Soup said:

RE: the DOTD 3 Pack at Wal MArt: It is DEFINITELY discontinued. The GF picked one up at Wal Mart on clearance for $17.

I think you're right -- the Gloom Beach 5 pack came back in one last time after Xmas to our Target (and not discounted) but now online it says out of stock online and "Not sold in stores". Sorry to hear the DOTD 3 pack is gone, my daughter really wanted that Draculaura and we don't have Wal-Marts around here. I was hoping to find it on a trip or something. Ah well. She has plenty!

Disco Voodoo Dolly said:

Also I'm not sure but I think the Gloom Beach 5 pack may be discontinued now as well perhaps as the DOTD 3 pack.

I meant discontinued in the sense that they are no longer actively producing her, not discontinued as in they don't exist anymore.

Lillian Gracey said:

Untrue. I found quite a few of her with standard hands at a Wal-Mart. She's still out there with standard hands, but it's probably harder.

Ninapedia said:

Wave one Clawdeen with standard hands, not the clawed ones, is discontinued to my knowledge.

I have yet to see my semi-local Tuesday Morning Treasures carry Monster High, but they do get a good portion of Mattel product even from "hot" lines.

I think Target and Walmart are getting the limited packs back in (5 pack and 3 pack respectively) but I would imagine its the last of the warehouse stock they are clearing out. I only say this becase they still have the price tags on the shelf. At least in some. If the 3 pack is competely gone, I wold be upset too...

I went into Tuesday Morning the other day and didn't see any MH product but they're probably a good store to look at if you're near one since they're a closeout store and their stock always changes. My store's only open certain times of the year, however.

RSS

© 2019   Created by Stu Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service