Monster High Dolls .com

News and Reviews of Monster High Dolls, Plush Toys, and More!

So MGA are once again trying to capture some of Monster High success with a new line of dolls, but rather than just blatantly rip off Monster High, they've decided to do something a bit original.. A line of cute alien dolls.

http://dolldiaries.com/mgas-new-novi-stars-dolls-are-out-of-this-wo...

Well, I say cute, but frankly I think those designs are hideous! Even now I can feel those soulless eyes staring out at me in the darkness... if this is just the artwork, I dread to think what the actual dolls are like.

Views: 4238

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Uch parents. When will they learn. -.-

Victoria Niccals said:

Truth is, they do seem a little stupid, but I think that's just my adult-self talking. The dolls aren't that bad after all, and I don't believe that the kids, or even the collectors, will mind the bios. 

And, after all, get real, people; MGA would never make a line about aliens wanting to invade Earth. That's like an LGBT character for MH- will cause a parent outrage.

Which one? I don't see it in any.

I'm sick of people calling Novi's copies tbh...How are they copies of MH? MH didn't INVENT a doll coming with a stand and pet ya know people.

If Novi Stars came BEFORE MH I bet no one would be all 'They copied Novi's!' So why are they doing it now? Because they're being over-competitive and thinking EVERY doll which isn't a normal girl and comes with a stand and pet is a copycat.

There is NOTHING in Novi Stars I've seen similar to MH yet apart from 'cosmic quirk' sounding similar to 'Freaky Flaw' but flaws are something a lot of brands have pointed out about the character.....and if there is more similarities. Please point it out to me. If it's 'They're kinda monsters!' Nope. They're aliens. Yes, that can count as monster, but it isn't in Monster High nor has it ever been mentioned. If it's 'Hydration station copycat!' I say: How? So monster High owns alien energy pods which have been in Sci fi movies for years?

If it's a good point. I'll listen to it.

one of the girls really looks spectra... 
Michelle said:

I can't say 100% if they copied or not, but I do believe that it's possible. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and I can respect that.

I think she means Nita cause Nita& Spectra both have purple hair, white skin, and clear body parts. I am not saying she is a rip off or anything, cause Nita's face glows in the dark and Spectra's does not (although it would be cool if her face did :P). Also Nita's whole body in clear besides hehr head and only spectra's lower arms, hands, lower legs, and feet are transparent.

VaughanH7 said:

Which one? I don't see it in any.

I'm sick of people calling Novi's copies tbh...How are they copies of MH? MH didn't INVENT a doll coming with a stand and pet ya know people.

If Novi Stars came BEFORE MH I bet no one would be all 'They copied Novi's!' So why are they doing it now? Because they're being over-competitive and thinking EVERY doll which isn't a normal girl and comes with a stand and pet is a copycat.

There is NOTHING in Novi Stars I've seen similar to MH yet apart from 'cosmic quirk' sounding similar to 'Freaky Flaw' but flaws are something a lot of brands have pointed out about the character.....and if there is more similarities. Please point it out to me. If it's 'They're kinda monsters!' Nope. They're aliens. Yes, that can count as monster, but it isn't in Monster High nor has it ever been mentioned. If it's 'Hydration station copycat!' I say: How? So monster High owns alien energy pods which have been in Sci fi movies for years?

If it's a good point. I'll listen to it.

one of the girls really looks spectra... 
Michelle said:

I can't say 100% if they copied or not, but I do believe that it's possible. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and I can respect that.

I don't think they're rip-offs, but come on; before MH hardly any (if any) dolls came with pets.

To me its no problem, since I live Novi's, but the naysayers are as bad as the people who cry "copy".

RSS

© 2021   Created by Stu Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service