Monster High Dolls .com

News and Reviews of Monster High Dolls, Plush Toys, and More!

Someone on the MLP Arena posted a flickr with these gems!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/obsegebitz_livlover/

Just take my money Mattel. Take it all!!!

Views: 12367

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It's the "Mattycollector" branch of Mattel that handles the comic con works, and they're the ones who are culpable for the issues.  (they're pretty heavily criticized across the net for their handling of customer relations, so this is really pretty much par for the course).  Mattycollector doesn't deal with Monster High at any time EXCEPT the distribution of the Comic Con exclusive doll. 

Remember that the previous two exclusives, Black and White Frankie and Dead Fast Ghoulia did NOT sell through at Comic Con and in fact BW Frankie had so many leftover afterward that they sold off the excess inventory to Justice.  Dead Fast Ghoulia was readily available all three days of the Con to fans and available most of the day-after sale on mattycollector.com, as well. 

Either the Mattycollector people were completely unprepared for the popularity explosion Monster High has enjoyed in the last 16 months or were thinking that there just wouldn't be as much interest for a plain-seeming character like Scarah as there was. 

Triumvirate said:

I'm definitely not mad at the design team. If this doll represents an amends that's really sweet of them because what happened at SDCC was not their fault or their problem to fix. It's Mattel's powers that be in coordination with the SDCC powers that be that need to address this situation I assume. 

Sadly, I agree more with the "make a profit" part. Mattel probably knows that a new Scarah will sell like hot cakes after the SDCC fiasco, and since she was made a main character (well, more of a "side character", but what I mean is that she is no longer a nameless backgrounder) we were bound to see more of her anyway.

BUT if P-girl is right and they are trying to make amends, then I really appreciate the move. 

And, of course, either way, we get a super awesome Scarah, so no complaints there :D

P-girl said:

If I may give my two cents on this.

I kinda see this Scarah as some sort of apology. I mean, Mattel's not blind. I got a feeling they know about the whole SDCC Scarah debacle and the sour taste it left in the mouth of many fans. Maybe it's my sickenly positive mindset about humanity, but what I see is a company trying to make amends. I'm not saying they'll succeed or that this was the best way, but they're trying.

That or they know they'll turn a profit on her. Either way, that's not too bad either. I'll happily pay for an awesome doll.

Im not sure why or how this happened but it seems like Mattel actually did this, I already said this in Her Monster Highness other discussion but I will repeat for everyone following this one. I actually came across a SDCC exclusive Guile from Street Fighter in Toys R Us a couple weekends ago. There were a ton on the shelves and they even had the SDCC logo stating SDCC exclusive on the package. I guess from what my boyfriend said they were from a con a few years ago because his brother had just purchased the figure from someone a week ago for a lot more than the store was selling it for. He did take a picture to show his brother and I can possibly post it on here if anyone wants solid confirmation.

I'm thinking that if its true it was from a con a few years back that means they aren't left over stock from a con, like in the case of B&W Frankie, and were actually reproduced and shipped to stores. Like I said, Im not sure on a lot of this because I didnt think to research it but this hints at the possibility that toys offered at SDCC may start to be released to stores for the general public

MikeP said:

IF Mattel was truly worried about scalpers over-inflating the value of dolls from Comic Con, the best way to handle is to release the doll about a month or so afterwards to stores. The Comic Con would have value because it might say Comic Con on the doll box and the fact it was received from there, but the fact that the doll would be available in stores a month or so later would quickly reduce the over-inflated prices on ebay

I doubt it. If they would, they would've given us basic Scarah, not a new one.

Abbinormal said:

Like I said, Im not sure on a lot of this because I didnt think to research it but this hints at the possibility that toys offered at SDCC may start to be released to stores for the general public.

I know, it doesnt make sense and I have no clue why Mattel would do it but thats what I saw. I dont think its likely for them to do it but if they did produce and ship out one SDCC exclusive to stores then they could very likely do it again. I need to do more research and see what con Guile was from and why I found him in TRU.

P-girl said:

I doubt it. If they would, they would've given us basic Scarah, not a new one.

Abbinormal said:

Like I said, Im not sure on a lot of this because I didnt think to research it but this hints at the possibility that toys offered at SDCC may start to be released to stores for the general public.

And its very possible it could have details that are different from the original which I have never seen. I will have to compare the pic my boyfriend took to the original figure as well.

Mattel doesn't make Street Fighter figures; that's PlayArts who does.  Some companies do sell their SDCC toys through other outlets after the show.

Mattel sells excess SDCC inventory through their website, Mattycollector.com, and also through parking lot sales in front of their headquarters in California once or twice a year.

All right guys. Enough is enough. If you want to talk about SDCC stuff, go to the thread in "Uncategorized". This is about new stuff not SDCC.

Wait, these won't come separately? :c   I want to crryyy. xD   I LOVE the new Rochelle in Venus is that 4 pack.

<3

Awww, man! I JUST got the Dance Class dolls for Christmas... but I absolutely LOVE Rochelle, not to mention having any guy is always a plus! Oh well, guess I'll just have extra dolls to sell or give as gifts...

My daughter got dance class dolls for christmas too. I'll just use the duplicate dance class dolls for my unopened fashion packs.

Angelica said:

Awww, man! I JUST got the Dance Class dolls for Christmas... but I absolutely LOVE Rochelle, not to mention having any guy is always a plus! Oh well, guess I'll just have extra dolls to sell or give as gifts...

I'm so glad I haven't bought any of the dance class dolls yet! Love Rochelle's hair in a bun! SO excited for this!

RSS

© 2021   Created by Stu Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service