Monster High Dolls .com

News and Reviews of Monster High Dolls, Plush Toys, and More!

Someone on the MLP Arena posted a flickr with these gems!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/obsegebitz_livlover/

Just take my money Mattel. Take it all!!!

Views: 12367

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

LOL!!!!  This killed me!!

Athena Power said:

I'm throwing money at my computer screen but nothing is happening!?

Couldn't agree with you more with everything you said.  I hope they will have restrictions this year, and I personally hope this year's doll will not be a new character (to help hinder scalping at least a little and to help alleviate disappointed fans who can't get it), though I think it might be Wydowna.

Triumvirate said:

I agree with you that it was surely not Mattel's intention to screw over fans, but I feel a bit frustrated by their response to scalping. They don't have complete control over scalping. Basically, once dolls hit shelves there is nothing they can do at that point. But did they really need what happened at SDCC last year to happen before realizing how bad Monster High is getting scalped? Did they really think somehow Scarah would be scalper-proof compared to every other Monster High exclusive in regular stores produced and shipping in much larger quantities than the SDCC exclusives? And did they really not consider that perhaps they should have have been ready with those kinds of restrictions last year before the Scarah debacle took place? If they really were that shocked by what happened last year I'm very surprised. Are they that naive?

Or do they just not care about scalping as long as they keep pulling in money? Because the truth is they know they can't really get blamed for scalping that goes on at Toys R Us, for example. So, they can just turn a blind eye to that because empty shelves mean stores placing more orders for merchandise. Let's keep the merchandise moving! But at SDCC they can't escape responsibility for what happened because there they are running the show and can be held responsible for enabling scalpers. 

Whatever restrictions are put in place this year, they better be solid, because you can bet the same scalpers/dealers that bought everything up last year will be back this year to do the same. And if those scalpers are allowed to succeed again? Well, you know the expression. Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me. They really won't be able to pretend they didn't know better at that point.

I'm extremely happy to see Scarah back again and in such a great way. At the end of the year I Love Fashion Scarah will no doubt end up being one of my favorite dolls of the year and a gem in my collection. I certainly see this as an attempt on Mattel's part to try to make up for what happened to fans last year at SDCC. I'm grateful for that. Truly. But while this is nice step, if they allow the SDCC problem of last year to repeat, they will not end up not having earned fans trust back by making I Love Fashion Scarah. People will instead be more angry when they see the 2013 SDCC exclusive on Ebay for the same amount or more than what Scarah & Hoodude went for last year and once again find they are unable to own one.

I color corrected them on page 5. lol

Atomica Servo said:

I've color-corrected the images.

When I went to an MLP con in September, they had a promo card that was only available at that con ('til it was available at a different con), and the vendor hole punched badges to make sure no one was allowed to get multiples to sell on EBay. Of course, it was easier to do this because it was so much smaller, but if SDCC could implement something else, it would be great. BUT! All that really matters in the end is money. There's no denying it. So long as they're all sold, it doesn't matter who gets them. We will find out in 3 months who the exclusive is.

IF Mattel was truly worried about scalpers over-inflating the value of dolls from Comic Con, the best way to handle is to release the doll about a month or so afterwards to stores. The Comic Con would have value because it might say Comic Con on the doll box and the fact it was received from there, but the fact that the doll would be available in stores a month or so later would quickly reduce the over-inflated prices on ebay

Bingo!!!!!!

MikeP said:

IF Mattel was truly worried about scalpers over-inflating the value of dolls from Comic Con, the best way to handle is to release the doll about a month or so afterwards to stores. The Comic Con would have value because it might say Comic Con on the doll box and the fact it was received from there, but the fact that the doll would be available in stores a month or so later would quickly reduce the over-inflated prices on ebay

Lol

Ali said:

LOL!!!!  This killed me!!

Athena Power said:

I'm throwing money at my computer screen but nothing is happening!?

But that's part of the whole point of collector's editions/LEs - everyone CAN'T get it, thus it is special and so expensive. What's been noticed before with the MH line is Mattel tends to release something similar to the Comic Con doll within a year, kind of to compensate for those who missed out. Examples:

- With SDCC B&W Frankie there was the Wave 1/Original Frankie.

- After SDCC Deadfast Ghoulia came out, a Ghoulia Deadfast fashion pack was released.

- With Scarah, we'll be getting another doll of her with an outfit similar to her original outfit.

I like this method since it gives others a chance at something similar, but keeps the exclusivity and value of the original by being different enough.

MikeP said:

Is Clawd balding? What's with the toupee? It's a darn shame because I will still buy him even though not feeling the hair? I can already see my virtual cart now.

Didn't Justice sell some SDCC B&W Frankie after SDCC?

KraftyKitsune said:

But that's part of the whole point of collector's editions/LEs - everyone CAN'T get it, thus it is special and so expensive. What's been noticed before with the MH line is Mattel tends to release something similar to the Comic Con doll within a year, kind of to compensate for those who missed out. Examples:

- With SDCC B&W Frankie there was the Wave 1/Original Frankie.

- After SDCC Deadfast Ghoulia came out, a Ghoulia Deadfast fashion pack was released.

- With Scarah, we'll be getting another doll of her with an outfit similar to her original outfit.

I like this method since it gives others a chance at something similar, but keeps the exclusivity and value of the original by being different enough.

MikeP said:

I was thinking the same thing.. His hair looks a hot mess.
Catrine2013seeker said:
Is Clawd balding? What's with the toupee? It's a darn shame because I will still buy him even though not feeling the hair? I can already see my virtual cart now.

If I may give my two cents on this.

I kinda see this Scarah as some sort of apology. I mean, Mattel's not blind. I got a feeling they know about the whole SDCC Scarah debacle and the sour taste it left in the mouth of many fans. Maybe it's my sickenly positive mindset about humanity, but what I see is a company trying to make amends. I'm not saying they'll succeed or that this was the best way, but they're trying.

That or they know they'll turn a profit on her. Either way, that's not too bad either. I'll happily pay for an awesome doll.

RSS

© 2021   Created by Stu Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service