Monster High Dolls .com

News and Reviews of Monster High Dolls, Plush Toys, and More!

Looking for the ideal new body for 2015 Re-release Gloom Beach Frankie. Recommendations?

Hello,

I may not be spending much money on MH again right away, but I am seriously considering re-bodying my poor official Frankie Stein, an unfortunate 2015 Re-release Gloom Beach ghoul with a right leg that snapped just below the knee when she was right out of the box way back in 2016!   :(

I was purging my MH collection of other dolls, so that I'd have more than enough room for the new ones, and it suddenly struck me that I'd been buying a lot of other dolls, when she was laying there with only one leg.

I put her into Barbie friend Becky's pink wheelchair again, but her plastic butt kept sliding off of the seat, and she just looked so....sad in her current state that I figured that it's about time that "Frankenstein" built her a new body.

For the record, I am going to put the Gloom Beach hands onto the new body, as I love them. I'm a little bit concerned about sort of matching the general color of Glom Beach Frankie, but I am also trying to avoid getting another doll with a shattered leg!

I am tempted to just order another 2nd Edition Gloom Beach doll, but the temptation is not that strong, as the leg issue occurred quite frequently with those dolls.

I am also realizing that I'm gonna exacerbate the glue issue when I heat her head under the hot tap, in order to re-body her. That'll just be a real gas, huh?  LOL! <Eye roll>

Oh, well. As long as she gets re-bodied during the New Year.

<Disappears into a shadow>

Goodbye,

The Whispering Wolf / Wolfie

Views: 28

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hello,

Never mind. I just ordered Freak du Chic Frankie online, because she and my Gloom Beach Frankie were released around the same time, and because FdC Frankie has cool hands, a voltageous outfit, and spooky accessories!

I have this feeling that my official Frankie might become a magician. LOL! Who knows. If I like FdC's face more than that of GB, I might just make the new Frankie my official Frankie.

Of course, I kind of feel too sorry for GB Frankie to do that, so I might just decide to re-body the other ghoul later, or buy a big magician's hat, and put her head into it. After all, she's been an NRFB magician this entire time, so she's liable to be sick and tired of the circus by now. LOL!

So much for me contemplating the wait for a seller who should've responded by now. I politely told them to not worry about it.

Goodbye,

Goodbye,

Goodbye,

any frankie body should work. I'd suggest trying to find one with glue hair for cheap, pop that gross sticky head off without guilt and stick the gloom beach head on haha.

Hello, purple_monkfish,

Thanks. I think that FdC Frankie will work clawsomely, but speaking of the glue issue, I just took my Gloom Beach Frankie doll apart (OUCH! Removing her head wasn't too bad, except that the neck literally tore when it became snagged on the internal head rotation piece, and then the process of removing the forearms was painful for me....literally!), and guess what's inside of her head? Wrong! It's not sawdust! LOL!

Does nearly every freaking MH doll of mine have to be treated for "Glue-Head Syndrome"? This is getting tiresome! What we doll enthusiasts do for the love of dolls!

Goodbye,

RSS

© 2019   Created by Stu Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service