Monster High Dolls .com

News and Reviews of Monster High Dolls, Plush Toys, and More!

I just got finished watching the DVD. (Yes, I know. I'm fashionably late.)

Anyways, I had a few concerns about the whole shebang.

First of all, why on Earth was there no 13 Wishes Haunt the Casbah Ghoulia doll?! 

Her outfit was to die for! She was absolutely gorgeous! Dx 

It irritates me so much... On top of that, Ghoulia hardly had any dolls in 2013. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Just look at her outfit! ;~;

And Cleo too, they should've made a Haunt the Casbah version of Cleo that looked like this.

Also, Wisp should've been made into a doll as well.

She could've been a sister 2 pack with Gigi like they did with Clawdeen & basic Howleen.

Just look at her! She probably would have been a huge hit! Especially with collectors.

She's so beautiful, to me at least. A wonderful contrast to Gigi. I totally would've loved them together in a 2 pack.

I also thought she was cute when she got turned into the new genie.

I'm not complaining about this version being made into a doll because you could easily make her a custom doll out of the Gigi doll. But the dark Wisp, ugh! Why not?! Dx

Also! The shadow/dark versions of the ghouls look freaking badass! Lol, they look like they used to be in prison. xD I would totally commission someone to make customs of them. (If I had the money, of course.) I just adore these versions. Especially Howleen & Draculaura. :3

On another note, I get why Mattel made the 13 Wishes Howleen with the black knit hat but honestly, why couldn't they have made 2 versions? The one they have now and a Haunt the Casbah version.

Because I really did like the other look they gave Howleen.

This one would've probably been liked more than the other by customers. Just sayin'.

Views: 1497

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Personally if they were only going to do one Howleen for 13 wishes I'm glad they did this one because Twyla doesn't have a casbah look and I have never liked Howleen better than when I display her with Twyla. I even got an extra Twylaand a custom dress for her just to be able to display my dc Howleen with a Twyla. As soon as I found out about the new Twyla, I got another Howleen and will give her another outfit to display next to the new Twyla. I don't know why, I just don't like having one without the other to match when it comes to their dolls.

I'm also glad they're doing more releases of new characters starting with 13 wishes.I know people love Ghoulia or Lagoona but I'm sorry I'm getting sick of the same ones over and over. With the new art dolls, I think the new Abby is adorable but I haven't gotten her because I already have so many of her I'm just not sure I want another one.

I'm sorry to all fans who are clamoring for more of certain characters but, right now, my wish for 2014 is no new versions of any character that already has 5 or more versions unless it's a wave 1 re-release.
Oh forgot to mention that I totally agree that a doll of Whisp would have been awesome!!!!!
I agree on the part about too much of the same Ghoulia's and Lagoona's. But I really thought if they made a Haunt the Casbah Ghoulia she would've been a cut above all the rest of her dolls (excluding her basic doll, of course). Frankly even though I think Lagoona is cute, I'm getting kinda sick of her (and Frankie, there's so many Frankie's!). They honestly really didn't have to make a Freshwater Lagoona. I mean, I like her because it's totally different than the other Lagoona's. But in the movie she does absolutely nothing productive, all she did was freak the hell out of Gil. At least Ghoulia helped save the school, she deserved a doll. :(

Also, supposedly they are re-releasing Basic Holt and Jackson in the UK in February. Even though I don't live in the UK, I'm hoping this is true. Maybe someone from the UK could get me one, I would definitely pay for both dolls + shipping costs. I'm praying that this happens!

Ahra Raven said:
Personally if they were only going to do one Howleen for 13 wishes I'm glad they did this one because Twyla doesn't have a casbah look and I have never liked Howleen better than when I display her with Twyla. I even got an extra Twylaand a custom dress for her just to be able to display my dc Howleen with a Twyla. As soon as I found out about the new Twyla, I got another Howleen and will give her another outfit to display next to the new Twyla. I don't know why, I just don't like having one without the other to match when it comes to their dolls.

I'm also glad they're doing more releases of new characters starting with 13 wishes.I know people love Ghoulia or Lagoona but I'm sorry I'm getting sick of the same ones over and over. With the new art dolls, I think the new Abby is adorable but I haven't gotten her because I already have so many of her I'm just not sure I want another one.

I'm sorry to all fans who are clamoring for more of certain characters but, right now, my wish for 2014 is no new versions of any character that already has 5 or more versions unless it's a wave 1 re-release.

Yes, a 13W Ghoulia and 13W Cleo would have been nice.

As for the movie, it was so boring and lame. I was really disappointed by it. Also, they never explained why Spectra is a DJ, instead of Holt or Operetta.

I would have loved a 13 Wishes Cleo, I don't have any Cleos yet, or Goulia.  I wanted Fawn to be a doll, I thought she would be pretty cool and Whisp as well.

If I'm correct, Spectra didn't even DJ in the movie, it was Holt. So Mattel made a mistake on that part. The 13 Wishes Spectra doll was totally irrelevant. A 13 wishes Ghoulia & Cleo would've been more appreciated. Thanks Mattel. >_>

Ghosteros said:

Yes, a 13W Ghoulia and 13W Cleo would have been nice.

As for the movie, it was so boring and lame. I was really disappointed by it. Also, they never explained why Spectra is a DJ, instead of Holt or Operetta.

Yes, I agree. Fawn was super cute. I would've liked to see her as a doll. But since she had such a small part in only the beginning, we all know that wasn't going to happen.

Spookybiskit said:

I would have loved a 13 Wishes Cleo, I don't have any Cleos yet, or Goulia.  I wanted Fawn to be a doll, I thought she would be pretty cool and Whisp as well.

mlp icon photo: Rainbow Dash Icon rainbowdash2.png

The actual movie made me love Twyla even more with her voice, her character, her design...

I enjoyed Rochelle with her new letter from Garrott. Yes. Watch the background. She is sitting on a bench reading it :-)

I liked knowing Scarah and Billy are officially boyfriend and girlfriend , too... Even though I always wanted him with Spectra LOL But I like Scarah, so it's all good :-)

I know, I was not expecting Twyla to have that voice. I really liked Twyla. She's a cutie. I don't know why but she reminds me of Lydia Deetz from Beetlejuice. xD

Pam Eargle said:

The actual movie made me love Twyla even more with her voice, her character, her design...

I enjoyed Rochelle with her new letter from Garrott. Yes. Watch the background. She is sitting on a bench reading it :-)

I liked knowing Scarah and Billy are officially boyfriend and girlfriend , too... Even though I always wanted him with Spectra LOL But I like Scarah, so it's all good :-)

RSS

© 2019   Created by Stu Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service