Monster High Dolls .com

News and Reviews of Monster High Dolls, Plush Toys, and More!

Let's Put This To Rest: Which Slo-Moe Do Kids Prefer, Cartoony Eyes Or Doll Version?

UPDATE:  RUNNING TALLY SO FAR (JULY 30, 2013, 12:00 A.M. CST):

ADULTS:

PREFERS WEBISODE CUSTOM EYES: 19

PREFERS OFFICIAL MATTEL DOLL EYES: 28

KIDS (UNDER 13):

PREFERS WEBISODE CUSTOM EYES: 19 (although 1 wants some modification)

PREFERS OFFICIAL MATTEL DOLL EYES: 15

UNDECIDED: 2

NEITHER: 2

WEIGH IN IF YOU HAVEN'T ALREADY PLEASE. A LARGE SAMPLE SIZE REDUCES ERROR.

THIS IS ABOUT THE FACE, NOT THE HEAD. THE HEAD SHAPE IS OBVIOUSLY BETTER ON THE MATTEL VERSION FOR SLO-MOE. THIS IS ABOUT THE EYES AND MOUTH SHAPE.

Many people seem to think that kid's don't like cartoony, wonky eyed, droopy mouthed Slo Moe and therefore Slo Moe will only sell well in his current doll form with perfect eyes, not like he looks in the cartoon because "he's too ugly/scary".

So in the interest of discovering the truth, I ask all of you to ask anyone under the age of 13 to please pick which Slo Moe doll they would rather have BASED ON THE WAY THE FACES ARE PAINTED AND THE LIPS ARE SCULPTED. Please mention it was KIDS that said which they preferred.

And everyone age 13 and over, I believe that YOU ARE the main base of Monster High. So you should weigh in too (you don't need to say your age, just say ADULT) on which Slo-Moe FACEPAINT you prefer.

I'll try to keep a running tally of what kids and adults prefer.

Thanks. Maybe Mattel will see this impromptu market research from their diehard fanbase.

CARTOONY CUSTOM SLO MOE (source: http://www.vivcore.com/dolly_daydream/slow_moe_custom.html  )

OFFICIAL MATTEL SLO-MOE DOLL:

Views: 1846

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Okay, re-tallied up to this point.

@ AshGUTZ: Thanks so much for responding back! I have now tallied your vote!

@ Scarah: I agree with you (except I wish the custom had Slo-Moe's trademark mouth). Toilet brush hair is exactly right too XD By the way, Scarah is probably my favorite character.

Okay everyone, please vote if you haven't already, and thanks a million to everyone who already has. I think Monster High should make a webisode-accurate version of Slo-Moe the way the Disney Store makes multiple sculpts of their dolls. In fact, I think most of the dolls should have multiple sculpts, like special editions. That to me is more enticing than simply different outfits and make-up.

To those who said that Ghoulia doesn't look like the webisodes, therefore Slo-Moe shouldn't either, I want to make the point that Ghoulia does not look like such a far cry from her webisode version as Slo-Moe does from his. Slo Moe looks here like a totally different character.

When they finally start selling doll Slo-Moe, all of us who prefer the webisode face will have to meet up and have a thread showing off our custom make-overs ;)

RSS

© 2020   Created by Stu Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service