Monster High Dolls .com

News and Reviews of Monster High Dolls, Plush Toys, and More!

While exploring the various links provided by fellow fans, I found something that mentions the possibility of a larger-sized collector quality line:  Novas coleções e dolls/New Collections and Dolls.

From what I could translate from the text written in Portuguese:

In 2015, Monster High will have a new collection … by the looks will be 'monstrinhas' in its basic version and this time with excellent quality, as every collector wants.  The measures are 50cm/19inches for normal dolls, dolls 45cm for the size of Howleen and 55-60cm for the size of Nefera dolls.

What is the story behind this?

Views: 1595

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It would be hilarious if the "large collector" dolls had the same bad paint and wonky eyes as the originals.

Remember, Collector's Edition and Collector Quality are two very different things.

I feel like these are going to be somewhat like tonner dolls.
If these will be collectors edition and have good quality then maybe,they could be giving these(probably main 6) the molded details they deserve(molded stitches,scales,fur,height difference) basically I feel that these could be those "if we were to do them over again" dolls.
But over all I'm excited for these.
THIS!! :D

another_monster said:
I feel like these are going to be somewhat like tonner dolls.
If these will be collectors edition and have good quality then maybe,they could be giving these(probably main 6) the molded details they deserve(molded stitches,scales,fur,height difference) basically I feel that these could be those "if we were to do them over again" dolls.
But over all I'm excited for these.

Am I the only one who thinks it will be big toddler dolls? I've seen a lot of fans request them.

Either way, whatever they may be, I will probably only get 2 or 3 (Spectra, Operetta, Venus...)

Huh, thats really really weird. Usually bigger versions of dolls mean cheapy my size Barbie sort of things where the size is the only appeal. I cant look at the link because it wont pull up on this computer but "collectors edition" definatly sounds like something that would be higher quality. Maybe thicker rooted hair, more articulation and clothing thats more layered? Lagoona for example could have an actual chain for her necklace and leggings that are separate from her shorts.

Sounds interesting and I'm excited but if it is something like i described above my wallet is in trouble, because I will have to have them all :( 

I just hope they're simply scaled up versions of the classic versions. A lot of the time "supersize" dolls are horridly proportioned. I bet you any money the "anti styling head" is the same size head the big dolls will have.

i think so too. Styling heads lead to my size dolls for kids. Barbie, Bratz, Winx. They all did this. I think MH is giving us "collector's stuff" by giving us SDCC dolls, but they are never gonna do "collectors quality"

Monsterjools said:

I just hope they're simply scaled up versions of the classic versions. A lot of the time "supersize" dolls are horridly proportioned. I bet you any money the "anti styling head" is the same size head the big dolls will have.

I hope they are simply scaled up.  That there's no gimmick, no toddler, no "my size Ghoulia," no real lashes or glass eyes.  I just find the non-painted eyes to look super creepy.  My sister's Snow Glow Elsa gives me the willies, even.

Depending on how deep they go, I'd just mainly want my favorites: Rochelle and Cleo, along with males Deuce, Jackson, and especially Holt.  I would also consider getting a Toralei, Nefera, Scarah, Billy, and Viperine.  Odds are, though, Scarah, Billy, and Viperine won't see daylight.

What I dread is higher prices.  My dad said it best, bigger doll equals bigger price.  I also dread dolls like Holt or Nefera.  If people can get them for, let's throw a price of $50 on the collector edition to have an example, instead of three times that on eBay, they're going to be hard to find if they're in stores, hard to catch if they're online.  :(

Yeah, if these are popular I can see scalpers being a really big problem. Especially if they only have certain characters for a few months :(

Konzern said:

I hope they are simply scaled up.  That there's no gimmick, no toddler, no "my size Ghoulia," no real lashes or glass eyes.  I just find the non-painted eyes to look super creepy.  My sister's Snow Glow Elsa gives me the willies, even.

Depending on how deep they go, I'd just mainly want my favorites: Rochelle and Cleo, along with males Deuce, Jackson, and especially Holt.  I would also consider getting a Toralei, Nefera, Scarah, Billy, and Viperine.  Odds are, though, Scarah, Billy, and Viperine won't see daylight.

What I dread is higher prices.  My dad said it best, bigger doll equals bigger price.  I also dread dolls like Holt or Nefera.  If people can get them for, let's throw a price of $50 on the collector edition to have an example, instead of three times that on eBay, they're going to be hard to find if they're in stores, hard to catch if they're online.  :(

So, as we know, Gooliope Jellington is our first larger-sized doll.  

Does this mean there won't be a 'Collector's Edition' line of larger, higher-quality collectible dolls?

Is Gooliope sort of a test to see if larger-sized dolls are desirable enough to create more?

I'd be relieved if gooliope was the only thing that was behind that third size picture. Actually we all went straight to thinking that it meant a third release of all the basics in a collectors form and no one though of just a new character in the new size. I'm glad if that's the case I could not buy them all again for the sake of me

I can't wait for these to come out 

RSS

© 2020   Created by Stu Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service