Monster High Dolls .com

News and Reviews of Monster High Dolls, Plush Toys, and More!

I realize this is a common topic and many people have stated their concerns at not finding Cupid recently or ever. I have not seen her near me nor has she ever been listed as in stock near me. Questions have previously been asked if Mattel is discontinuing Cupid since she has pretty much vanished. Most people myself included thought this was not so and that she was just rare for a while. I am beginning to doubt that however seeing as both Walmarts near me have removed her sales tag from the isle and you can no longer search for her on walmart's website. Does anyone have any info on whether or not this is the last we see of Cupid in stores? I have avoided buying from ebay and amazon due to the prices and you have to be careful with people on ebay anyway thinking surely she'll pop back up in stores soon but now I'm not so sure. If she isn't going back into circulation I'd like to find out before too many people start jacking her up to an insane price online.  Thoughts... opinions....?

Views: 900

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

but who says that the manufacturer ddn't make the allotment required by Walmart?  I'm only using what I have seen with regards to the availability of  other store exclusives at the other big stores (TRU, Target) who-- while they did occassionally run out of the GB giftset of the GS giftset, would still restock those items.... the DOTD giftset from Walmart I saw ONCE over the course of months and months, and now they aren't even shelf tagging it.... that could change, but they just didi their big reset.

Target and TRU, now that the holidays are over, are restocking both of their sets.   This tells me that either the sets just weren't as popular as the WM set (which I don't believe) or that they asked for more.    With large retailers, they have the power in these situations.  Walmart says they want an exclusive, and they want x number of units, and that's it.

The current lack of dolls on the shelves has a lot to do with the holidays wiping out the warehouses as well as holiday closings for the factories.    Did you know it can take a month for stuff to ship over from the factories (it's usually by big tankers)?    At holidaytime our TRUs were thick with Monster High.  Then the end of the year comes and no one wants stock to sit on for inventory time, so there are a lot of sales (wasn't there a TRU bogo MH sale around then?)   And now it takes a while for production to gets cranking again, for the stuff to come over from the Orient, get to Mattel distributuion centers, then to TRU (etc) warehouses, THEN to the stores.....  it's quite a process!  Add to that a store is generally getting ONE case of six of something (and that's an assortment of characters) so the stuff is gone off of the shelves as soon as it hits them..... the retailers need to double up on their restocks.

I worked retail for 21 years (yes, I'm *that* old...lol)  After the end of the year it took a while for the companies to really get everything back into stock.

Matt

She's coming back to stores in May. When I was at Walmart the day she was supposed to come out they had that stupid sign that said it was out of their control and they wouldn't be getting any until May. Therefore the people who say she's being discontinued are wrong. Mattel plans on bringing her back on shelves because not everyone was able to get one. I'm hoping I'll be able to get her when she comes back out. In the mean time I still search the stores just in case.

Gaz (Spectra Fan) said:

if she isn't coming back, there goes all my hopes and dreams. :(

ok, i'm still searching i'm glad that she's coming back, but i doubt my store will get her (i'm still waithing for sweet 1600 to come here) but you never know, i found ss ula d there....

Rudy said:

She's coming back to stores in May. When I was at Walmart the day she was supposed to come out they had that stupid sign that said it was out of their control and they wouldn't be getting any until May. Therefore the people who say she's being discontinued are wrong. Mattel plans on bringing her back on shelves because not everyone was able to get one. I'm hoping I'll be able to get her when she comes back out. In the mean time I still search the stores just in case.

Gaz (Spectra Fan) said:

Source?  Are you only basing this on a sign at one Walmart store?  (just curious)  

I don't see her being put back out, especially with Sweet 1600 over.  *Maybe* next year, *maybe*, and I would say likely in a different box (at minimum) if so.

Rudy said:

Gaz (Spectra Fan) said:

I told you guys they would be re releasing her. I knew I was right.

http://www.monsterhighdolls.com/forum/topics/cupid-walmart-instock-...

nihilisticxsix said:

Source?  Are you only basing this on a sign at one Walmart store?  (just curious)  

I don't see her being put back out, especially with Sweet 1600 over.  *Maybe* next year, *maybe*, and I would say likely in a different box (at minimum) if so.

Rudy said:

Gaz (Spectra Fan) said:

Yep you were right. :) I really don't like store exclusives though..Especially the Walmart ones. It sucks becaue you are at that stores mercy as to when or if they will get any more in....Looks like the Howleen sisters are going to be the same.

Rudy said:

I told you guys they would be re releasing her. I knew I was right.

http://www.monsterhighdolls.com/forum/topics/cupid-walmart-instock-...

nihilisticxsix said:

Rudy said:

Gaz (Spectra Fan) said:

RSS

© 2019   Created by Stu Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service