Monster High Dolls .com

News and Reviews of Monster High Dolls, Plush Toys, and More!

Is this like a new outfit, manufacturing mistake , or did someone  pull a switcheroo?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Monster-High-Dolls-Rochelle-Goyle-Jackson-J...

Views: 4396

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

WHOAAAA, DID YOU SEE HOW MUCH IT SOLD FOR????

They probaly did that on purpose

Also this is the first variant of monster high dolls ive seen

idk but i like the varient better :)))

I'm gonna go ahead and say the vest is a switcharoo. If you look close, it's slightly differently constructed. If it WAS a Mattel variant, it'd be the same construction just in different fabric. The pants seem to be constructed a little differently, too though it could just be packaging.

I also agree with MTW. This is Mattel. They would order a TON of fabric for him, for of all, since Jackson and all of the new kids are so anticipated. And if somehow they did have troubles and run low, what're the chances of heart printed fabric? Though, I would like that vest, maybe for a Valentine's day themed Cleo/Deuce outfit, haha.

I hope this isn't permanent...

Does anybody collect the packaging variants?

This is sad. The one that sold for $200 is spawning eBay copycat crooks. There are now at least 3 of them listed with blue pants, but, if you look at the pictures (2 of which are very, very small so you can't see detail) they're all the exact same photo as the one that sold for a ridiculous amount.

That's awesome it's legit! And even more awesome you're here to tell us! Haha. So I guess we have our first really obvious variant. He's like... the red Gyrados of Monster High.

MONSTER HIGH GOD said:

Actually I bought the original blue pants one that sold for $200 and It is legit. I wasn't planning on paying that much until someone tried to out-bid me lol.. The plastic head holder is still attached to the cardboard. So there is no way it could have been faked. The seller also did not have anymore. They did accidently list another one with the same pics but they pulled it and changed the pics. So I'm going to do a youtube video, to show it to people. I have experiance with items of this sort. I bought a clawdeen I thought was a factory flaw, but because the head plastic holder was broke, so it was a fake.

Amanda (Ghoulia Yelps) said:

This is sad. The one that sold for $200 is spawning eBay copycat crooks. There are now at least 3 of them listed with blue pants, but, if you look at the pictures (2 of which are very, very small so you can't see detail) they're all the exact same photo as the one that sold for a ridiculous amount.

LOL @ Red Gyarados! <3

Except this Jackson won't be nearly as "common" as that special Gyarados. ;D

That's awesome it's legit! And even more awesome you're here to tell us! Haha. So I guess we have our first really obvious variant. He's like... the red Gyrados of Monster High.

I'm not saying that you're wrong about this version being legit, but I don't think you can say it is based on the head still being attached to the cardboard. There are ways to remove the doll from the packaging and replace it without damaging the plastic ties or the cardboard. :/

MONSTER HIGH GOD said:

Actually I bought the original blue pants one that sold for $200 and It is legit. I wasn't planning on paying that much until someone tried to out-bid me lol.. The plastic head holder is still attached to the cardboard. So there is no way it could have been faked. The seller also did not have anymore. They did accidently list another one with the same pics but they pulled it and changed the pics. So I'm going to do a youtube video, to show it to people. I have experiance with items of this sort. I bought a clawdeen I thought was a factory flaw, but because the head plastic holder was broke, so it was a fake.

I'm not sure if you've tried, but you CAN take the dolls out almost entirley without damaging any part of the box. I'm sure they could change the clothing without taking his head out, too. I'm still very doubtful of it's legitimacy, since this is the ONLY one of it's kind and Mattel is usually. . .Much more serious with their variants.

MONSTER HIGH GOD said:

RSS

© 2021   Created by Stu Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service