Monster High Dolls .com

News and Reviews of Monster High Dolls, Plush Toys, and More!

I haven't seen a single Coffin Bean at any store in chicagoland.  And its not on any major retailers website. Do you guys think it was accidently released, a test product, or not going to be produced anymore beacuse of limited interest??

Anyone have any offical word from mattel about it's release?? I dont think it was one of the things shown at the comic con a few months ago. All the ones on ebay are in rural locations, which would say to me it is a test run, to see how good it will sell.

Any ideas??

Views: 1055

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Entertainment Earth

http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=MTX3721

SnowDragon said:

What is EE?

Anastasia said:

I don't think it's been fully released yet. EE still has it available for pre-order and it's listed available in July. 

I think it's just a fluke that Kmart has it already. 

I hate there is two coffin beans...one with clawdeen and the other one with clawdeen nd lala and a sumb coaco exclusive....REALLY?! You NEED a membership! And you can buy a one day membership but the charge 5% more to ur purchase...and u can't check in like regular stores!!! :/ I'm lucky that my boyfriend has a membership and he agreed to hunt the coffin bean with me...(He is a keeper XD )

As far as exclusives go, it wouldn't do any good to protest it. These stores reps go to the toy shows and bid on these toys and place orders for certain amounts. Those amounts are sent to each stores distribution center. From there they are distributed to stores (how they determine the amount to each store and which stores, I do not know...that seems to be where the FailBoat comes in). They dont make the dolls until the stores order them either. Hence the limited seeming numbers. They dolls didnt get popular until this past fall/winter seasons hence why newer dolls are easier to find and stay in stock versus older dolls. Older dolls didnt sell well at first so stores didnt order as many of them, hence when they sold out why they were gone gone. Stores didnt reorder things that didnt sell well and Mattell didnt make more of what wasnt ordered.

A lady at Mattell told me this when I called and it makes sense for the most part I suppose.  Of course she also told me she was glad I was normal- she had had an earlier call from a 35 yr old lady who bought the dolls for herself and had no children. Apparently it was weirdly pathetic to the lady on the phone with me. I really wanted to tell her I was 32 and also had no female children and bought the dolls for myself, but I figured it was better to just take the $32 voucher they were giving me and move on -_-;

I have the coffin bean! My friend was at Kmart and there were 2 so she picked up one for me!!!! :)

I like Costco having exclusives, This way it will almost guarantee that you will get it if your a member because they never run out. I went there a few weeks ago and there Monster High stack was huge! It was bigger than me :)

So those tht dont have a membership can't get them? I HATE that cosco will have an exclusive! The ones that sont have an expenaive member ship cant get one unless they hope someone is nice and dont jack up the pricess like hell....I dont have a membership and and fuming....I am lucky my bf has one. It is the evilest thing Mattel could do! An exclusive to a member only store? :/

Violet Fox said:

I like Costco having exclusives, This way it will almost guarantee that you will get it if your a member because they never run out. I went there a few weeks ago and there Monster High stack was huge! It was bigger than me :)

Really? Maybe its just the Costcos that I go to. 

Triumvirate: Wun, Tou, & Thrii said:

We have never seen any MH stuff at our Costco, so I don't know if we'll see the Coffin Bean set there either.

Violet Fox said:

Well I don't have a membership to a Costco, nor do I know anyone that does...or even if there is even one in my city!  I know it's a long shot, but if anyone is willing to pick one up for me when it comes out, I would be grateful!  I would pay shipping and all expenses, of course.  I love the Draculaura that comes with it, so I would love to get that one instead of the regular one.  Again, I know it's a long shot, but I could hope.  =]

My parents might get a membership they live near a Costco I am hoping anyway.

I found out that my parents have a Costco membership, so I'll be borrowing their card closer to the holidays and if I find multiples, I'm going to buy a couple sets to help out peeps on this forum. You know, in the spirit of Christmas.

I'm just going to buy the extra drac on ebay or on here, whats the point of buying it twice for just one doll.. lol

I really think it would be weird if they really are a costco exclusive since they dont even carry monster high dolls at mine or online.

Also I talked to my kmart about the coffin bean and they said that they do have some toys that are locked up and not to be released till the end of the month. So they might be monster high since a whole lot of items are supposed to come out in June.

Where are you from Violet Fox, that your Costco has so  much Monster High? The only time I saw Monster High at a Costco near me was before Christmas, and only the classroom dolls. I'm from the burbs of Chicago.

Violet Fox said:

Really? Maybe its just the Costcos that I go to. 

Triumvirate: Wun, Tou, & Thrii said:

We have never seen any MH stuff at our Costco, so I don't know if we'll see the Coffin Bean set there either.

Violet Fox said:

RSS

© 2021   Created by Stu Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service