Monster High Dolls .com

News and Reviews of Monster High Dolls, Plush Toys, and More!

Sorry if this has heen asked before. All the questions I have found regarding this are not recent. I saw her for the first time at Wal-Mart last night and she was the last one left. I decided to pass on her but now I am wondering if I made a mistake. If she is rare I will go back and see if she is still there. Thanks in advance.

Views: 1081

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

She's far and away the hardest to find of the 13 Wishes dolls- in my area anyway. I've seen dozens of Frankies, Clawdeens, and Draculauras, scores of Howleens and Lagoonas, plus a seemingly endless flood of Twylas. And maybe 10 Abbeys, because she's still new. I've seen four Gigis. Two were at TRU a few weeks after the others showed up and two were at Walmart right after they set the MH endcaps. One of the TRU Gigis came to live with me. She's obviously the Jinafire of her line. Jinafire is findable now, but she's never been anywhere near as plentiful as the other Scaris dolls. I've seen more Deuces than Jinafires.

The thing to remember is that she's part of the same assortment number that Howleen, Lagoona, and Twlya are in.   The first wave of that assortment didn't include Gigi, while later waves of that assortment should have her.

The real problem is, if your local retailer is still sitting on a ton of the wave of Lagoona, Twyla and Howleen, they probably would not request more of that assortment number.

For example, the assortment for those 13 Wishes dolls is Y7707. That's the main assortment number.  Mattel issues each wave with a dash code, so say the first wave of those dolls (Howleen, Twyla, Lagoona) is Y7707-999A (it may not be that dash code-- I'm just using it as an example... ^_^)      The second wave would then be something like Y7707-999B (and would include a new mix of those dolls-- so maybe less Twlya and then add in a couple GiGi)

To retailers, they just go by the main number (Y7707) So if their computer tells them they have a ton of Y7707 (even if it's all unwanted Lagoonas or something) They aren't going to order more of Y7707......  

This is why we sometimes see dolls sitting on shelves, with no new ones for a while.   I have yet to see Gigi in a store and had to order her online from Mattel...

M

Here in Denver, I still have yet to see a single Gigi.  As for Abbey, I have not seen one, but that is mainly because I detest Walmart.   And it's looking like there's no chance of ever seeing the all to scarce Scarah. Lousy marketing, Mattel.  Really lousy.

I finally saw her this week for the first time. I found two at the Books a Million store in the mall. I have still never seen her at Walmart and have looked quite a bit.

I'm in the Kansas City area and I haven't seen a single one on shelves.  Not to say she wasn't there and bought before I went to that store that day or week.  I still don't see Jinafire on the shelves here, either.  Some people say she's everywhere now  Not in this area she's not.

I broke down and bought Scarah via third party seller on Amazon.  I had points from my Amazon credit card, so I basically paid what I wouldve at TRU anyway, including the shipping costs.  But I've been calling my two TRUs for a month and no Scarah.  Had Clawdeen constantly.  Even saw 12 Clawdeen on the shelf one time I physically went to check, but ZERO Scarah.  I'm just done with the hassle of it.  It's a weight off of my shoulders.

SpookyT said:

Here in Denver, I still have yet to see a single Gigi.  As for Abbey, I have not seen one, but that is mainly because I detest Walmart.   And it's looking like there's no chance of ever seeing the all to scarce Scarah. Lousy marketing, Mattel.  Really lousy.

RSS

© 2019   Created by Stu Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service