Monster High Dolls .com

News and Reviews of Monster High Dolls, Plush Toys, and More!

Is Catrine de Mew a homage to the great French Actor and Super Model Catherine Denueve?

I don't know if someone already posed this question. The younger monsters may not know her but she is a famous stunning French beauty and is well known for her groundbreaking and daring roles in film. Especially the 1983 vamp classic "The Hunger" with David Bowie and Susan Sarandon.

Views: 372

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

This question has been posed when we first found out about a "Catrine de Mew" trademark, before the reveal of the actual doll ;)

IMO, we will have to see more of Catrine to tell. I'm sure that if she is a homage to Deneuve, there'll be references- which we, The Hunger fans, will enjoy! :D

I love Catherine! My favorite of her movies is Repulsion. Psychological thrillers don't get better than that. And yes, she really was a truly beautiful woman, she personified sexy sophistication. It'll be interesting to see if Catrine's personality references her, or if it's just a similarity in the name. Catrine does look to have a bit of a 60's vibe about her, and her hairstyle is a bit reminiscent of Catherine's back then, so we'll see...

thats exactally what i presumed!

You had me at David Bowie ._.

Are you a grown up Monster fan Carissa?

Oh, that was her in The Hunger?  I was just trying to remember who that was the other day!  I think the name is just a pun on her name, it doesn't seem like the doll looks like her.  Awesome none the less!

My favorite of her was when she starred in the movie, 'Les Parapluies de Cherbourg'. I heard of her from that, and it will always be a favorite of mine. <3

Though yes, I think Catrine is a homage to her.

I changed my mind, she does actually look like the actress. 

http://www.fanpix.net/picture-gallery/catherine-deneuve-picture-197...

I totally see it now! 

I am :3 Why do you ask? :D

Bite Me said:

As a Bowie fan I was wondering what you thought of the film "Velvet Goldmine". It is strongly adult themed so I did not want to discuss it with a kid unknowingly. I thought Jon Rhys Meyers captured his essence perfectly.  I'm 50  this December how about you?

Carissa said:

I am :3 Why do you ask? :D

Bite Me said:

Oh I've never heard of them movie but will defiantly download it and check it out! I'm 23 :3 But I was raised by my grandma of 70....something so we like alot of the same things xD

I found it quite shocking. It's a fiction based on Bowie's  alleged gay romance with underground american rocker Iggy Pop. Jonathan Rhys Meyers plays the Bowie character with Ewan Mcgregor as the Igyy Pop based role..

Toni Colette plays the "Angie Bowie"   character which was the reason I wanted to see it. I love her. Christian Bale is a reporter who is hired to do a "where are they now" story for a newspaper and has to track them down. It becomes a flashback of the early 70s glitter rock era. A bit too raw on the homoerotic side for my taste but the music and clothes are so uber cool.. Might be a bit too crude for grandma so parental discretion is advised sort of thing. Way off topic for MH Dolls site but it is such an insight to early Bowie and the astounding effect he had on the world's music scene in his early days.       Back on topic: who are your favorite monsters? Mine are Operetta, Spectra, and Ghoulia.. .

Carissa said:

Oh I've never heard of them movie but will defiantly download it and check it out! I'm 23 :3 But I was raised by my grandma of 70....something so we like alot of the same things xD

RSS

© 2020   Created by Stu Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service