Monster High Dolls .com

News and Reviews of Monster High Dolls, Plush Toys, and More!

What would you change it to and why?

I've always disliked Ghoulia's last name, Yelps.  To me when I hear that, I think of a dog whining.  I would change her name to either Ghoulia GRAVES or Ghoulia GROANS as she more or less groans when she "talks", and well Graves because...well its pretty obvious. LOL

Views: 415

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Rayne Winx said:

Howleen. It's random.... What form of human name is that? (Like Clawdeen's in human is Claudine) I can't think of any human name that could sound/be spelled similarly to Howleen. I was thinking more of a Clawdia.

I'd change Ghoulia's first name too. Ghoul is another word for ghost.....Ghoulia is a zombie.

Olivia Stein is..... well, it has nothing to do with monsters or a pun..... :S

Nah, a ghoul is simmilar to a zombie. Your prolly thinking a geist is another word for ghost, or even a specter.
A ghoul is a (folkloric) monster associated with graveyards and consuming human flesh, often classified as undead. These creatures are thought to dwell in burial grounds and other uninhabited places. The oldest surviving literature that mention ghouls is likely One Thousand and One Nights.

i like all the names but one that i wish that could be changed is spectra's last name. what about spectra haunts or spectra hauntghoul or something vondergiest is just a made up last name.

Actually "von der Geist" is German, and it roughly translates to "Spirit (or Ghost) of the..." So Spectras' name actually makes a lot of sense, and clues us in that she's probably German.

I like all of the names, but maybe, in my opinion, Venus McFlytrap is too obvious? Monster High definitely plays in it's puns, but I would have gone with either Venus and a different last name, or McFlytrap and a different first name.

robecca steam said:

i like all the names but one that i wish that could be changed is spectra's last name. what about spectra haunts or spectra hauntghoul or something vondergiest is just a made up last name.

I still haven't got why jackson and holt have those names. I think they should have first names similar to their Dads'.

Cupid's full name is Chariclo Arganthone Cupid.

Draculaura said:

I agree that howleen's name is strange i would've changed it to
Clawia too.i also dont really like cleo's name because it's SO unoriginal
CLEOpatra
And C.A cupid has a wierd name too
It translates to
Cupid aphroditie cupid
Most other people have good names but i agree that ghoulia shouldbe
Goulia Graves!!

RSS

© 2020   Created by Stu Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service