Monster High Dolls .com

News and Reviews of Monster High Dolls, Plush Toys, and More!

has anyone had problems with the I love Fashion dolls? I have found that I love fashion (along with Scaris) has been absolutely awful when it comes to quality. my Abbey has chips in her lip paint along with a spot of paint around her chin, Scarah has uneven eyes/eyebrows and a hole in her forehead, and that first set of out-of-box photos of venus, she had a severly messed up iris. I bought 2 Frankies 1 had to be returned because her lips were all chipped and she had dark blue paint specks all over her face ( she's the only one I have a picture of) the other one also needs to be replaced because she has a long scar like mark on her face. so I also have a question based on your experience with them is it even worth replacing Frankie and Scarah? (I can live with Abbey) heres the picture of that first Frankie that was returned.

Views: 265

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I picked all my dolls out in person so I never had this happen, but I will say that because they're packaged on the slim side of the box, nose lip and forehead runs with this line are very very common

I thought that was only with wave 2 (clawdeen and scarah). so I guess judging by what you've said ,it's pointless to replace them. I'm going to a toys r us soon, so i'll  look for scarah but she won't be a main priority and Frankie would be have to be ordered offline again so that could go many ways. also do you know where the Coffin bean line is/was being sold? 

jools34 said:

I picked all my dolls out in person so I never had this happen, but I will say that because they're packaged on the slim side of the box, nose lip and forehead runs with this line are very very common

Coffin bean were sold at justice, kmart and big lots.

"were" does that mean that they're only available online now?

thrifty dolly said:

Coffin bean were sold at justice, kmart and big lots.

Oh man, I'm in QLD (Australia) and the Mr Toys there recently got in a lot of Frankies and Abbeys, and every single one of them has something wrong with them. Mainly it's paint rubs like the pic you posted above, but there's also Frankies with crazy-messy hair, some misprinted eyes and a lot of boxes with mysterious moisture drops in them.... I got an Abbey from this lot, and her accessories and some of her clothes are coated in what seems like a thin layer of oil?

Ew, the oil sounds like some sort of sweating of various things in the box. Considering Aus heat and humidity, it could be a situation where the length of time those dolls have been in that closed environment of a box and in potentially fairly high temps over summer months or humid conditions in warehouses or whatever, there's been some kind of reaction between the different plastics and materials used in the packaging and doll. I've seen older dolls literally MELTED to boxes due to that confined environment, so that could be what we're seeing.

The other option is that evaporation is responsible, moisture got into the boxes and has seeped over things.

Seriously gross though, you wouldn't want a kid playing with stuff coated in god knows what.

I'd call Mattel and really have a long talk with them about it, residue of unknown origin is unacceptable and potentially dangerous because you have no idea what it IS.

Imagine if a kid puts that in their mouth, or on their hands, ew. It's probably safe but who wants to take that risk? I'd be higlighting that to Mattel.

I wonder if this stock is stuff that didn't sell in tru BECAUSE it was errored. I mean, I have seen a lot of the early Iheart fashions and some were errored, others were fine. My Frankie is fine.

but given places like australia and nz appear to be really low priority markets to Mattel, which means you're probably getting left over stock. Maybe even returns (whcih would account for messy hair) ew.

In terms of the original question, you can fix lip rubs pretty easy. You need some acetone free nail polish remover and a cloth, just rub off the smeared bit and mix a bit of matching acrylic to fix any chips or missing bits.

It's worth, I think, having that Frankie certainly. She's one of my favourites, love her dark lippy and her vivid makeup heh. She's still a fairly unique Frankie, and Abbey is pretty unusual as well.

Lip smears and messy hair I can live with, eye wonk and greasy clothes is just not acceptable. Ew ew ew... oil... that's gross.

The only error doll I seemed to have gotten was my Picture Day Frankie. It is a really minor error and is not noticeable much when I put in earrings. The left earring hole is lower than the ear lobe and is actually under it. When you take the earring out, you can see the hole isn't in the correct spot but it doesn't look uneven at all. With the Deluxe Fashion pack's earring, the left one just looks like it's dangling close to Frankie's face when you tilt her head to the right.

RSS

© 2020   Created by Stu Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service